Favourites

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

What are your Chelsea Favourites?

Favourite All Time Player and Why:  Mickey Fillery, The one player that had some class during a Baron Period.

Favourite Match: Arsenal Away First game back

Favourite Goal: Ossie diving Header against Leeds

Favourite Away Day: Villa Park

Favourite Moment as a supporter: Dixon Equaliser at Highbury- my place in the Clock end changed by about 20 meters.

From when I was supporting in person:

Favourite Player:  Dennis Wise, scored winners at Utd and Liverpool and always gave 100%

Favourite Match: Home to Liverpool stopping Sourness's title challenge, 4th May 1991: 4-2

Favourite Goal: Dixon's headed goal in the above match though Petrescu scored some wonderful goals too.

Favourite Away day: White Hart Lane, I never saw us lose there.

Favourite all time player: Eden Hazard I haven't been excited or enjoyed watching a footballer play as much as him.

Favourite match: Beating Spurs 4-2 at WHL in 2012 the season after winning the CL. Atmosphere was electric from both sets of fans for the whole 90mins. Incredible game.

Favourite goal: Drogba against Spurs in the FA Cup semi. Had no right to do what he did. Only a world class big man can score that kind of goal.

Favourite away day: White Hart Lane as mentioned above. 

Favourite moment as a supporter: I would say watching us lift the Prem against Wigan but it has to be the CL. I wasn't in Munich but it was a surreal dream come true.

Edited by KonaKai Blue

On 16/01/2021 at 10:10, Osgoodwasgood said:

What are your Chelsea Favourites?

Favourite All Time Player and Why:  Mickey Fillery, The one player that had some class during a Baron Period.

Favourite Match: Arsenal Away First game back

Favourite Goal: Ossie diving Header against Leeds

Favourite Away Day: Villa Park

Favourite Moment as a supporter: Dixon Equaliser at Highbury- my place in the Clock end changed by about 20 meters.

I was a huge fan. I remember seeing him play for England schoolboys on World of Sport when he must have been about 15, and was excited by his talent, and I'm pretty sure I saw him make his debut for us in 79 (think it was early in our first season in Div 2 after relegation under Blanchflower, but could have been at the end of the relegation season. He oozed class and skill on the ball and was a consistent scorer.

When I watch footage of him now, like the games against Newcastle (4-0 and 6-0) and those FA games against Liverpool and Spuds in '82, he looks every bit as good as I remember him. 

He was part of our worst-ever team that nearly got relegated to Div 3 in '83, but John Neal was keen to keep him. Silly idiot decided to join QPR instead of being part of THAT season, although I've often felt he would not have fitted into that aggressive, workhorse midfield of Bumstead, Spackman and Thomas.

Edited by Backbiter

52 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

I was a huge fan. I remember seeing him play for England schoolboys on World of Sport when he must have been about 15, and was excited by his talent, and I'm pretty sure I saw him make his debut for us in 79 (think it was early in our first season in Div 2 after relegation under Blanchflower, but could have been at the end of the relegation season. He oozed class and skill on the ball and was a consistent scorer.

When I watch footage of him now, like the games against Newcastle (4-0 and 6-0) and those FA games against Liverpool and Spuds in '82, he looks every bit as good as I remember him. 

He was part of our worst-ever team that nearly got relegated to Div 3 in '83, but John Neal was keen to keep him. Silly idiot decided to join QPR instead of being part of THAT season, although I've often felt he would not have fitted into that aggressive, workhorse midfield of Bumstead, Spackman and Thomas.

You said it yourself Backbiter, in a side that was hardly blessed with finesse, he was the one player that could always warm up a freezing cold afternoon away at the back of beyond. We've had some really classy players since, Gullit, Zola etc but my choice was Fillery because he had the Chelsea stamp, similar to Butch before he moved on, very easy on the eye.

I see similarities in Havertz, i hope im right.

Favourite All Time Player and Why: Didier Drogba. I actually like a few other players almost to the same degree e.g. Lampard, Ivanovic, Desailly, Jimmy Floyd and so on but Drogba is like the lion king of the pride to me.

Favourite Match: I have a few in mind but I always remember Manchester United away somewhere in 2004, our team didn't have JT and Man United scored the first goal but then Tiago out of nowhere silenced the whole Old Trafford with a big goal from way out and then he passed a crazy ball to Gudjonsen that made it 1:2, it finished with Lampard assisting Joe Cole for the 1:3, that game to me showed just how powerful we were in so many ways it was really special.

Favourite Goal: Torres vs Barcelona. For me the story where good triumphed over evil.

Favourite Away Day: Manchester City Stadium/Etihad. 

Favourite Moment as a supporter: Drogba's penalty in the CL final.