Robben close to signing new deal says his father

loz
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... Blues+deal

I know some may not be overly ecstatic about this but I am very pleased. In a market devoid of quality wingers Robben, despite his weaknesses, is still one of the finest and hence keeping him at the Bridge is a good move in my opinion.

If we let him go we would need to replace him which would mean paying well over the odds for a player who is probably no better and quite possibly worse.

very pleasing news, things look good after riccy signed and the noises coming from lamps and jt...

however, I can't really believe anything that comes out of robben snr... given his history.

Well, Robben has said himself that he is definitely staying and Jose was very keen to let everyone know that he was pleased with Robben on Saturday.

I agree with Loz that it's good news if he stays. Obviously, we need to try and get him fit and keep him fit for more than a few games, but he showed on Saturday that he is can be a real handful - just ask Wes Brown.

I think he is a great player when he is fit. Perhaps he has just been unlucky but he does seem to be the type of player who can't seem to go more than 10 games without picking up an injury. It would be great to see what he could do over the course of a season where he didn't get injured.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... ern+option

Chelsea winger Arjen Robben could still move to Bayern Munich, according to his father.

Robben is in talks with The Blues regarding a new four-year contract and has pledged to stay at Stamford Bridge next season.

But German giants Bayern have been showing an interest in the tricky wide man and are weighing up a summer bid.

The Holland international's father, and agent, Hans had dismissed suggestions of a Bayern bid earlier in the week.

However, Robben snr has now revealed that he is keeping in contact with Bayern general manager Uli Hoeness.

"There is still a possibility of Arjen moving to Munich," Robben snr told Kicker Magazine.

"I have agreed to call [Hoeness] when things are cleared up with Chelsea, but we have not reached an agreement with Chelsea yet."