Friendly vs. Club America

MHedges

Well, the first pre-season game is tomorrow, and we play Club America in California. Thought a thread should be started, as it will be good to see our boys back in blue (or probably the weird yellowish/green).

I am especially excited for this game, because it is my first Chelsea game! Words cannot describe my excitement. C'mon Chelsea!!!

Any idea if its being streamed? I know its on CTV probably not but you never know... Am looking forward to it, seeing sme of the new signings in action.

If it's being streamed, I'll make a point of staying up to watch it - maybe meet up in the chatroom?

Any idea if its being streamed? I know its on CTV probably not but you never know... Am looking forward to it, seeing sme of the new signings in action.

If it's being streamed, I'll make a point of staying up to watch it - maybe meet up in the chatroom?

It's not looking good. This page mentions it as being an upcoming game but no mention of even a possibility that it's be ing streamed .. no wait, I've just found this page:

http://www.myp2p.eu/Matches/Match2.htm

Apparently it's available via Afreeca which I've heard of but never tried. Download and instructions page here:

http://85.92.128.155/~myp2p/Programs/Afreeca.htm

Well. I've just spent the last 15 minutes or so trying to register Afreeca. I went through the form, followed all the instructions and clicked the box they said I should click. And then up popped an info box (in Korean) with a yellow asterix, so I clicked er ... whatever ... and then an IE message appeared telling me that the web page was trying to close this window. So I clicked Ok, the page closed and .. er that was that.

I've got no idea whether I missed something, or whether or not there's a confirmation email on it's way to the Hotmail address I used to register. Or not. I'll check again later, and maybe have another try. I'll let you know if I have any success.

I was up til all hours last night messing about trying to get the damn fool thing to work. My fault for not reading the instructions. Turns out they (Afreeca) have been blocking European IPs. You can get round this by using a proxy server, which will inevitably slow down your connection. I doubt if I'll bother, not just for a friendly. See how I feel later.

How could I refuse an offer like that? icon_wink.gif

The American tour games won't be available for CTVO subscribers in the US though:

The games will also be LIVE on Chelsea TV Online so Blues fans around the world can follow the action. To sign up, click here. (Note that the games against Club America, Samsung Bluewings and LA Galaxy will not be available to Chelsea TV Online subscribers residing in the US or to fans whose ISP is based in the US)

Team: Cech, Ben Haim, Terry, Cork, Johnson, Maka, Sidwell, Lampard, Robben, Sheva, Cole.

Substitutes: 23 Carlo Cudicini, 40 Hilario, 6 Ricardo Carvalho, 51 Sam Hutchinson, 19 Lassana Diarra, 15 Florent Malouda, 17 Scott Sinclair, 24 Shaun Wright-Phillips, 21 Salomon Kalou, 11 Didier Drogba.

First 15-20 minutes were solid crap. Not many were good except perhaps JT.

But after that we got better and I really thought we would score.

Cork has looked quite solid most of the time but one can tell that he needs some more experience.

Johnno has been okay and it's nice to see him join in the attack.

Ben Haim hasn't had too much to do but has looked solid playing beside JT.

Sidwell has done really well. Not that he has had the ball that much but he fought hard and had a few really good challenges.

It's nice to see Cole and Robben on the flanks. They really look creative but I would like them to try and cross the ball a few times. It's too much cutting in and trying to find Sheva.

Sheva has been quite good. He hasn't got that many opportunities but on the few he's had he's looked good.

Player of the half goes to Maka. Apart from a few bad passes early in the game (when most players failed to hit a one yard pass) he's been really good. Great tackles, good passes and he's covered a large amount of the pitch.

I love Maka!

Finally. We should have had a penalty when the mexican keeper fouled Sheva. It was a clear penalty and even though the ref was in a bad position the linesmen should have seen it.

It was a deflected shot of JT not really our fault although we should have closed them down a lot sooner.

Club America look fitter and more lively than we do - I think it shows that the team are still unfit and need to gel together.

Robben and Cole have been the most lively for me.

The new players - Sidwell, Ben Haim and Johnson have all played pretty well I think.

So it's a pity about the goal but lets see what happens in the second half before condemning the team before the season starts.

I think it's best to look how the new guys look and cope than perhaps the score line at this early stage.

If we are still letting in goals within 3 minuts a few more matches down the line then okay I'll be concerned.

But that was a deflected shot definitely.

Malouda looked quite good but what about the header from JT. Nice play and nice header. I hope our glorious captain scores a few of those this season.

I really liked Hutchinson. He played really well and could well become a great player for Chelsea in the future.

A player I didn't like today was Diarra. As RB, okay, as central midfielder, no thanks.

Archived