Jose's Long Distance Phone Bill

Guest Brian M

Guest Brian M

Includes:

Essien: I love Milan Thursday 31 January, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien has expressed his admiration for Milan, but is quick to deny any talk of a move to the Rossoneri.

Essien is in his native Ghana at the moment trying to guide the Black Stars to glory in the African Nations Cup, but it seems that he may be keeping abreast of events in Serie A.

“I like Italian football very much,” he said in an interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport. “From a tactical point of view it is the best League in the world.

“My favourite team are Milan because they have Kaka, Paolo Maldini and of course Gennaro Gattuso.

“The Italian player I like the most is Gattuso. He is an extraordinary fighter – tough, but fair.”

Despite his obvious admiration for the Diavolo, Essien was eager to stress that he is happy with his current employers.

“London is the best city in the world,” the 25-year-old claimed. “It’s a sea port where hundreds of languages are spoken and where football is played. For us English-speaking Africans who love music it is even more fascinating.”

----------------

and:

Drogba drops hint about Milan

Last updated at 10:36am on 31st January 2008

It's the African Nations' Cup so tradition dictates it's also time to speculate on Didier Drogba's future and, not surprisingly, Chelsea's Ivory Coast striker is playing along.

Asked by a fan on his official website about his passion for football computer games, Drogba replied mischievously: "We do a lot of tournaments with the other Chelsea players.

"I often play as AC Milan."

Asked by a fan on his official website about his passion for football computer games, Drogba replied mischievously: "We do a lot of tournaments with the other Chelsea players.

"I often play as AC Milan."

Wow...it's official! Drogba wants to quit Chelsea to join AC Milan! icon_eek.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Guest Brian M
i think he means jose will be at ac milan next season, taking essien and drogba with him.

There you go. Gold star, go to the head of the class.

JM at Milan. 100% chance

Drogba at Milan. 100% chance

Lamps at Milan. 85% chance

Essien at Milan 50% chance

Cav at Milan 50% chance

A. Cole at Milan 50% chance

It's going to be an interesting summer, because hell hath no fury like a manager scorned...

Smarty pants. I was changing that!

This from a man who uses 'irregardless' as a real word. Bah! icon_wink.gif

I did? Oh the shame!

(where? On here I don't care but if it is on the other part of the Shed End let me know as I tend to clear up typos periodically)

Guest Brian M

You did change it. However Brian M sees all. But says little.

"Selling Drogba now would be cutting off our nose to spite our face. Irrespective of whether he wants to leave or not there is no denying he gives 100% come match day and that is exactly what we need from him. As long as he is doing that then we would be insane to sell him before the summer."

i think he means jose will be at ac milan next season, taking essien and drogba with him.

There you go. Gold star, go to the head of the class.

JM at Milan. 100% chance

Drogba at Milan. 100% chance

Lamps at Milan. 85% chance

Essien at Milan 50% chance

Cav at Milan 50% chance

A. Cole at Milan 50% chance

It's going to be an interesting summer, because hell hath no fury like a manager scorned...

Realistically

its more like

JM at Milan. 70% chance (The rest of this season will decide if Ancelotti he keeps his job or not)

Drogba at Milan. 90% chance (goodbye you big girl)

Lamps at Milan. 0% chance (I mean c'mon would lamps even get into the starting 11?)

Essien at Milan 0% chance

Cav at Milan 0% chance

A. Cole at Milan 0% chance

Guest Brian M
JM at Milan. 70% chance (The rest of this season will decide if Ancelotti he keeps his job or not)

I think you'll find it doesn't matter what happens at Milan, JM signed a pre-contract agreement the day he turned down the England job.

And I also think you're underestimating the relationship / bond that JM built with his players. Especially the ones I mentioned (and JT, but he's not going anywhere).

Agreeing with Brian, I think that Jose will be at Milan next season.

There had to be a really good reason to turn down the England job - and some kind of a "gentlemen's agreement" for a managers job with a very big club next season is pretty much the only reason I can think of.

Drogs wants out - that is obvious. However, the best striker in the world will command a pretty hefty transfer fee - surely starting at a MINIMUM of whatever we paid Milan for Shevchenko 18 months ago.

After shelling out that much, I doubt there would be much left in the kitty to try and swipe the likes of Lamps, Essien and Carvalho, who would be worth at least 20 mil each.

Personally, I am resigned to losing Drogba at the end of the season. But, I don't think there will be any mass exodus to Milan or anywhere else.

Guest Brian M
But, I don't think there will be any mass exodus to Milan or anywhere else.

I think so far as many of "Jose's Star Players" go, a lot will depend on what we win this year. If we finish a distant 3rd in the league, lose the league cup and don't even make the final of the FA cup, there'll be some of the bigger players looking across the training pitch at Grant and thinking..."Hmmm...he's not exactly in Jose's class now is he?"

...I think so far as many of "Jose's Star Players" go, a lot will depend on what we win this year. If we finish a distant 3rd in the league, lose the league cup and don't even make the final of the FA cup, there'll be some of the bigger players looking across the training pitch at Grant and thinking..."Hmmm...he's not exactly in Jose's class now is he?"

Wonder what they'll be thinking if we do the quad though?!

Archived