Blues linked with Zlatan

WoodmanBlue

Internazionale star Zlatan Ibrahimovic has fuelled rumours of a possible switch to Chelsea by revealing he would be interested in a move to England.

Chelsea are thought to be considering an approach for Ibrahimovic as a possible replacement for Didier Drogba.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 57,00.html

This guy has alot of skill and trickery which would be really good for us especially if we finally play the attractive football we are always talking about next season. A signing like this could see the end of the hit the ball 40 yards to drogba and hope he pulls something amazing off tactic we play atm.

However i don't know if he is prolific enough infront of goal.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

I'm sure you'll get a very enthusiastic response from a certain forum member, but while we wait for that, I'll just say that I think he would be a horrible replacement for Drogba, but an excellent signing for Chelsea. Great technique, a very creative player and isn't exactly light weight either. I can't remember who said it, but someone said about him that he's not a great goalscorer, but he's a scorer of great goals. He doesn't score loads of goals, but they're often something special. He's improved his goalscoring record, but with his creativity he brings so much more to the club than just goals. The only real negative thing about him is his enormous ego. Not sure if he's matured, but it has been a problem in the past. I haven't heard any stories since his move to Inter, though.

Inter star Zlatan Ibrahimovic has fuelled rumours of a possible switch to Chelsea by revealing he would be interested in a move to England.

Chelsea are thought to be considering an approach for Ibrahimovic as a possible replacement for Didier Drogba.

Drogba's future at Stamford Bridge remains uncertain, with the Ivory Coast international thought to be unsettled with life in West London and Chelsea are considering their options.

Ibrahimovic, who is currently recovering from a knee injury back in Sweden, said if he was to leave Inter he would like to move to England or Spain.

"I feel good in Italy, but I don't know what'll happen in the next few years," Ibrahimovic told Swedish TV.

"Playing in England or Spain would fascinate me. They are technical leagues like the top flight in Italy."

Chelsea are believed to have held a long-term interest in Ibrahimovic, although they could face competition from Real Madrid for the Swedish international.

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/24042008/4/b ... latan.html

nowhere near prolific enough

I think his record at Inter isn't too bad: 30 goals in 52 matches at Inter(not sure if that is up to date). This season he's scored 15 goals in Serie A, one more than Totti and just three goals less than top scorer Trezeguet. And he is Serie A's top man in assists. I agree he's had a terrible attitude problem in the past, but like I said earlier, I think he may have matured a bit, as at least I haven't heard anything negative from him in a while.

Agree his stats look ok, but someone posted a breakdown of those goals a few weeks ago, and that made it look a lot less attractive. Lots of pens, and no goals at all against the top 6 sides, if I remember correctly.

Decent, but not impressive, and we need someone seriously good to replace our whingebag.

if she signed i bet wed see a shift in the way the media treat us. and i wonder if shed copy the rest of the lads when they strip to bare chests after games....... oh baby...

Brian will have a raging hard-on if he ever see's this thread icon_lol.gif

YES I LOVE HIM MUCH

BUT I DONT THING IS BETTER THAN DROGBA IN 4-3-3 FORMATION

FOR 4-4-2 IT IS PERFECT HE HAVE KILLING PASS DRIBLES

------------------------------------------------------

AT THE LAST HE IS PERECT IN PLAYSTATION icon_lol.gif

UNSTOPBLE

credit where it's due- he's improved as a player massively since moving to italy. I would certainly not complain if we signed him, however everyone knows the downside of ibrahimovic joining chelsea.

Archived