What Will Happen To The Idea Of Building A Team From The Youngsters

Pudge

It seems that no one has mentioned any of the young players we have at the academy/reserve level getting anywhere near the team ie stoch/gakuta/sinclair/mancienne etc

I fear we are becoming a RM full of galaticos rather than as Arnesen was brought into do build a team from the roots upwards

What kid is gonna want to sign for Chelsea when they have about as much chance of breaking into the team as Liverpool have of winning the league

They can't compete with Ronaldino, Deco, Villa

Why do we buy players at the end of their careers rather than at the beginning ( apart from Mikel)

and essien, kalou, joe cole and petr cech?

some of those players are either too young or not good enough. we will never see these guys coming through all at once, it doesn't work like that. our transfer policy in that respect is no different to ANY top side in europe.

all the youngsters at all the top clubs will be happy

and any youngster that is offered the chance to sign for chelsea will jump at the chance, with perhaps only 1 of every 150 making the grade or maybe thats even a biger average

they learn from the experience, having the best facilities, and best coaches, they see the proffesional stars most days and get motivated by what they see

youngsters are signed for there potential and that doesnt mean they are always going to make it

its no different at most of the other clubs other than maybe arsenal (as long as they arent english), boro and villa. so why would they go anywhere else? id love nothing more than a 20 man squad with 13/14 having came through the youth setup, but it simply isnt possible in modern, top flight football. best anyone canhope for is 2 or 3 squad players and 1 star every couple of seasons. hopefully with their onw being 7 subs we will see young players getting more time towards the end of games (especially if were cruising 2 or 3 -0).

I think the days of building a team from your youngsters are gone forever, instant success is the name of the game now and sad as that may be it is the way of the world.

We may be lucky and see a few of the kids crack it over a period of a few years but you will never see a complete team being made up from the youth section as it was many years ago, it just isn't practical or possible anymore.

Scolari is here for 3 to 4 years maximum, he's already said it's his retirement.

I doubt his priority is blooding the youngsters for Chelsea future.......its trophies, here and now.

We'll have to see, but I'd rather we signed young hungrier players than players/glaacticos at the end of their career

whats di santo playin like recently. i heard good things comin out a while ago but have seen very little if anythin of him.

I haven't seen much of him, but he had a decent scoring record in the Reserves last season. He arrived in January and scored 7 goals (I think), including a hat-trick against Spurs.

Scolari is here for 3 to 4 years maximum, he's already said it's his retirement.

I doubt his priority is blooding the youngsters for Chelsea future.......its trophies, here and now.

We'll have to see, but I'd rather we signed young hungrier players than players/glaacticos at the end of their career

Blooding youngsters for the future would bring what purpose exactly?

So players down the track would be seriously competing for the top prizes in all competitions?.........aren't we doing that allready?...

Chelsea have confirmed that Portugal youth international Aliu Djalo has joined the club’s academy setup for the coming season.

Djalo – nicknamed ‘Kaby’ – has moved to West London from Boavista after a protracted pursuit by the London club.

Kaby spent a trial period with Chelsea in September and reports at the time claimed he was poised for a move worth up to £5 million.

The teenager was born in Guinea Bissau in West Africa but has since earned Portuguese nationality and has played for their youth teams.

Chelsea’s official website describes the player as: “An attacking midfielder joining us from Portugal where he has played for the junior national team. Technically very good.â€

Kaby is joined at Stamford Bridge by Italian youngster Vincenzo Camilleri, 16, who has moved from Reggina.

The Italian club accused Chelsea of approaching the defender before his 16th birthday in February, but Camilleri will now join Aldi Haxhia, Sam Walker, Tom Hayden, Jeffrey Bruma, Conor Clifford, Jacopo Sala and Frank Nouble as a full-time scholar at Chelsea.

Chelsea sign 2 youngsters

Archived