Joey Cole To Liverpool?

Elliott

It's being reported in alot of the papers this morning that JC is unsettled by the interest shown in Robinho, and has asked for clarification on his future, with Liverpool interested.

A Chelsea favourite, going to Liverpool, when they have no money?

Someone else please back me up that this is tripe?

One rumours site is stating Benitez has initially offered £14m but Chelsea want £21m for him. Am getting a sinking feeling about this. Surely the club wouldn't let our POTY go and retain SWP who is not a patch on Cole.

Joe is as true a blue as JT or Jose. Even if he left, he loves the fans and club too much to go to a rival. You can take that to the bank ;)

Bullsh*te, there are very few people involved in football that wouldn't play for their current club's rival. You'd have said the same about Poyet. They don't owe us anything more than putting in effort while we're paying their wages, players and managers are not like fans, they're proffessional sportsmen that have an all consuming desire to succeed.

I hope he doesn't go especially to them but if JC feels his future is not at the Bridge and they offer him a good deal then it's going to be an attractive option to him.

In so far as he refers to the club as "his Chelsea" and says he could never manage a rival. Maybe thats playing fast and hard with the term true blue, but I think he will always have a certain bit of loyalty to Chelsea knowing how beloved he was here

Bullsh*te, there are very few people involved in football that wouldn't play for their current club's rival. You'd have said the same about Poyet. They don't owe us anything more than putting in effort while we're paying their wages, players and managers are not like fans, they're proffessional sportsmen that have an all consuming desire to succeed.

I hope he doesn't go especially to them but if JC feels his future is not at the Bridge and they offer him a good deal then it's going to be an attractive option to him.

All this may be true, but could you honestly see Joe Cole making a move that would be seen by the fans as a stab in the back? When he is a fan favorite and supported this club all his life? Im not saying he wouldnt try and go somewhere like Newcastle or Villa if he found himself iced out of the starting lineup, but would you really see him getting uppity about Robinho and saying "thats it, im off to Merseyside!"

Remember a few years ago when it was reported Mourinho didnt want him anymore. Rather than cry about it and leave, as the clubs were lining up to take him, including Man United, he stuck his head down, got to work, and carved himself into the starting lineup with elbow grease. Not saying money doesnt motivate him, but Joe Cole is made of stronger stuff than many of the (sorry to say) mercenary types we have at the club right now.

Players have had far more reason than Joe Cole to be loyal to their team yet time and again they leave for a major rival be it; Chelsea - tottingham. Rangers - septic. liverpool - everton. inter - ac. The list is endless.

I know Joe Cole stood on the Shed a couple of times as a kid, I also know that he was linked to professional clubs from such a young age that the chance to really develop into a fan never really showed itself for him. I knew a lot of people at school that played for top clubs and they all stopped supporting their team while they were playing, one of them used to go to Chelsea with me (he was as mad about it as anyone else over there at the time), he now classes himself as a Charlton fan because he was attached to them for so long. Joey spent a lot of time while he was at West Ham talking about how they were his club and he'd give anything for them, he understood the fans etc etc etc. yet he left their to join a team that those same fans detest (hehe, just because we're better than them!).

I'm not trying to belittle Joe's or any other players feelings for Chelsea, but they're professional and need to acheive as much as they can in a short space of time, they can't afford to be sentimental, unless they want to be the next Steve Bull, Matt LeTissier!!!

Sorry but our owner aside, I think Jose Mourinho would like to see this club succeed over all others in England, and I think if all was forgiven and back to normal, he would come back here in a heartbeat. 'True blue' might have gone a bit far though

Players have had far more reason than Joe Cole to be loyal to their team yet time and again they leave for a major rival be it; Chelsea - tottingham. Rangers - septic. liverpool - everton. inter - ac. The list is endless.

I know Joe Cole stood on the Shed a couple of times as a kid, I also know that he was linked to professional clubs from such a young age that the chance to really develop into a fan never really showed itself for him. I knew a lot of people at school that played for top clubs and they all stopped supporting their team while they were playing, one of them used to go to Chelsea with me (he was as mad about it as anyone else over there at the time), he now classes himself as a Charlton fan because he was attached to them for so long. Joey spent a lot of time while he was at West Ham talking about how they were his club and he'd give anything for them, he understood the fans etc etc etc. yet he left their to join a team that those same fans detest (hehe, just because we're better than them!).

I'm not trying to belittle Joe's or any other players feelings for Chelsea, but they're professional and need to acheive as much as they can in a short space of time, they can't afford to be sentimental, unless they want to be the next Steve Bull, Matt LeTissier!!!

I see your point Barn, and believe me, I understand what you mean that footballers are loyal to the club that pay them above all. In fact I heartily agree with you about that fact.

I just think (more hope, educatedly) that Joe would much rather sit and fight for his place here, where he has roots and has been the past 5 years, than to press for a move to a rival club. At the end of the day, he is under contract so its our decision where he goes (see: Heinze, Gabriel) but it would be a bitter pill indeed to see Joey Cole agitating for a move to Scumpool or, god forbid, don their colors.

Dunno what I would do with mysilver/black Fly Emirates jersey :D

Well, this is two days in a row that I have woken up to Rumours about Joe Cole leaving. As they say, no smoke without fire, right? To me it just seems odd though that Joe Cole is the person they are singling out as the player wanting a move, as I don't see him and Robinho as people who would compete for the same position.

Also, given Joes ability to play in many places over the pitch, it would seem asinine that he be the player we get rid of. SWP can only play on the right, and even then he's not anywhere as good as Joe. On the Left we have Malouda who I believe could still come good, but he's not exactly setting the world on fire. Also, if we are to play a 3 man attack, I'd see Malouda and RObinho competing for the same spot, with Joe on the other side.

Or, I could see Kalou, Malouda and Robinho competing for the same spot. Alternatively, should we play 4-4-2 then we would play Joe Cole on the right wing, and probably Malouda on the left wing. Then Robinho would be competing for a secondary striker spot over Kalou and Anelka, right?

Therefore, in summation: 4-3-3 he'd be fine, as he'd have the right hand side of the 3 man attack. 4-4-2 he'd be fine, as he could sit out on the right wing. I see Kalou and Robinho competing for places more, or even Malouda and Robinho, than I see Joe and Robinho competing for a spot. Of course, this is all dependant on us signing Robinho in the first place

Scott

A few points.

1. Jose is loyal(ish) to whoever pays his wages. Even then he is a loose cannon.

2. Joe DID watch from the shed. But then so did Paul Merson.

3. Joe may be a Chelsea fan but i think he will no longer put his career on hold if he is not getting a run. He is not a 'wonderkid' any more. He needs to play.

Some more things I'd like to add...

- Joey is Chelsea through and through

- Scolari likes the way he plays

- Joey likes the new coach and believes he can do well under him

- Scousers : $#%$#^ %$%$ %^$&$%

Well, the first three points are important but if you read the fourth point, you don't need to read the others.

Yeah, Sweepy did play a few games more centrally, and he played well there. But I think he played there out of necesssity; due to injuries and the ACN. I really doubt Sweepy could oust and of nour Central Midfielders now, hence his only real chance is out on the right!

Archived