Nice Little Article On Kalou

Gem

Just a few lines taken from The Daily Mirror website, but shows a humble lad to say the least.

I remember someone saying after the CL final, he ran to the dressing room and cried. He is our only wide player (not including A.Cole and Bosingwa) who constantly runs at players and creates a good amount of space - I genuinally hope he can step up this season, he's such a likeable player.

'I want to be a Chelsea legend'

Anyway, just a thread to appreciate Salomon :)

he does seem to be a decent bloke. i do like the way he has no fear and takes on defenders all the time, unlike malouda who hasnt take on a defender since signing for us. if only he could sort out his finishing, he`d be a very useful player for us.

I take a lot of ribbing from my family for answering a question a few years ago that went along the lines of which of Chelsea’s youngsters is likely to become a star. Never wishing to commit big time, when just about anybody was likely to arrive at anytime, I came up with the considered reply that ’there is something about Kalou’ and ever since, when we all meet to watch a game or his name crops up in conversation, I get a mass chorus of the phrase followed by plenty of laughter. For those who watch ’Frasier’ it’s very similar to the ’veneer’ running gag in the Antiques Roadshow episode. Still think I might have the last laugh though. :)

One of the most committed players to say the least. He is becoming a better player every day. He made a statement in the champions league final with the way he took his penalty just after Terry had missed. This guy never loses his confidence.

He can go miles this season.

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but I've been advocating Kalou for sometime now. He's a great player, and I felt after watching his pre-season, that he'd have a stand out year this year. However, he isn't getting enough playing time to warrant the hope I have for him.

The way he took his penalty was amazing. The way he ran off the pitch crying after it was all said and done, I'll never forget!

Was he subbed today because he was injured? Or did he get taken off as a precaution seeing as he'd only just come back form a knock?

Think he was subbed because he was pretty dire to be honest (not that anyone was up to much last night).

Really want to see Kalou come good, but at the moment he is yet another player that just isn't consistant enough. He'll come of the bench in a match and look sh*t hot, start the next game and do well but then will have a number of games where he just doesn't look good enough. Perhaps it's a wide player thing because both Malouda and even Joey seem to have a similar trend?

• 2 weeks later...

The things that i see in Kalou are his strength and his take on the game itself which impress me so much. if you notice he is a winger who is really hard to knock off the ball. Ive seen him take a monster tackle the likes of which Robben would have nightmares about and hop back to is feet with not so much as a scowl.

also, ive seen him take a sneaky dive near the corner flag to win a kick and chuckle slightly to himself. the fact he did it in the right way, sparingly, as in not obvious and only when it really benefited the team, not just for the sake of diving made me smile. everything's ok in moderation and Kalou knows the right times and the wrong times to pick. Its because he always gets up straight away after going down referees mentally put him in the "not a diver" book which is super handy for us :unsure:

its his right attitude which shows, and his skill is there as a platform to become a great player, i just hope we keep him for a long time to see the fruition come to bear.

Archived