yogic

Who will we end up signing?  

41 members have voted

1. 1.

• Ashley Cole
    • Zambrotta
    • Lahm
    • Carlos

Jose has confirmed that we will let go of one player and bring in another to take his place.

-

"I don't think there will be big movement. We can have one player to arrive and one to leave," he told Chelsea TV

"I think other teams will work more than us on transfers. We have kept all the good players who were important for us last year and we have some new ones with a lot of quality."

Most of us want Zambrotta to replace Del Horno, but thats possible only if we can get him ahead of Milan, Madrid and Barca .. and if we are not serious about Roberto.

So .. which player do you think WILL eventually end up at Chelsea?

I would like to see Zambrotta or Lahm in the Chelsea strip, but I think we will end up with Cole.

Jose has said he will make only one more signing of a full back, with Zambrotta saying he would like to stay in Italy and unless we made an emormous bid for Lahm the likelyhood is Cole, as we all saw how passed it Carlos is in the WC!

I want to smack my self in the face for saying it but Ashley Cole is as good as any and is proven in the prem, his linking up with Joe looked like they had played together before in the WC, although its unlikely we'll have Joe on the left in front of Ashley at least we know it works.

I hate the thought of signing gooners but he is a quick and dependable defender and can go forward very well too...if Bridge is not seen as good enough to be our no1 then I for one would be happy with AC.

This is going to be a close call between Zambrotta and Cole and with the Italian now appearing on the scene, I'm hoping that the Carlos interest will be exposed for what it always was - a smokescreen to cover the renewed interest in Cole. However Zambrotta is a different kettle of fish entirely to Carlos. Classy and versatile, we have to go for him as a priority and he gets my vote.

put this in rumours but maybe belongs here more. just want to throw another name in here. franck quedrue is after a move away from boro. a player i rate very highly. and comes with a lot less baggage than cole.

I also went for Lahm, mainly because he is young.

Carlos is just out of the picture for me... I definately would not want to Cole in a Chelsea shirt - because he's arrogant!

Take it you would sack Jose then ?

no not at all... I like Jose! His arrogance does not annoy me at all. He is a unique character, who's got lots of confidence and who is the clear boss in his team. Not at all like A. Cole. But I can see how Jose's behaviour can annoy rival's fans and on their forums there might be someone who's saying the wouldn't want Jose as a manager.

Carlos is just out of the picture for me... I definately would not want to Cole in a Chelsea shirt - because he's arrogant!

no not at all... I like Jose! His arrogance does not annoy me at all. He is a unique character, who's got lots of confidence and who is the clear boss in his team. Not at all like A. Cole. But I can see how Jose's behaviour can annoy rival's fans and on their forums there might be someone who's saying the wouldn't want Jose as a manager.

I was only joshing with you Dima . If you didn't like arrogant people Jose would not be your cup of tea icon_lol.gif

and whoever doesn't want Jose as manager is bonkers

I was only joshing with you Dima . If you didn't like arrogant people Jose would not be your cup of tea icon_lol.gif

and whoever doesn't want Jose as manager is bonkers

totally agree with the last bit!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I think it will be Cole.....it seems all he has been doing lately is cutting his ties with Arsenal, preparing for the move.

Cole would be good enough for me, with the only problem being he's ex Arse. He's a proven classy player and I reckon he's as good as any around. Certainly Zambrotta is as good but much riskier seeing he's not played in the EPL and has stated his preference to remain in Italy.

I don't mind who plays left back as long as they are left footed, unless it's Willy G - let's be honest he's f**king awesome wherever he plays at the back!!

Lahm does look a very good prospect, I remember him when we played against him a few seasons ago (Stuttgart if my memory serves me right), but there is something not right about a left back cutting inside all the time!

So am afraid it's Ashley Cole, to do a 'Sol Campbell' and move to us, for me!! biggrin.gif

Cheers,

Mooch

well zam has gone, so theres only lahm and cole left :)

id take lahm over cole because we will look pretty bad if we get cole after all the tapping up nonsense, but cole is english though...

Archived