Another Premiership club to benefit from Arab money

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Announced tonight on BBC that an unnamed Prfemership club have a new stakeholder..............

Sheikh Ahmed bin Saqr al-Qassimi, member of a ruling family in the United Arab Emirates, has bought a majority stake in an unnamed Premier League club.

Sheikh Ahmed, a member of the ruling family Ras al-Khaimah, will be honorary chairman of the club.

Ras al-Khaimah is one of seven members in the UAE federation which also includes key oil producer Abu Dhabi and regional trade and tourism hub Dubai.

Interesting. The Premiership is becoming a stable full of expensive horses and everyone wants in, I guess. Guys like Roman and Al Fayed used to come once every few years, now its becoming more like once a summer.

Who do you reckon it is? If its just a large shareholder, then obviously they dont have to own the club as a whole. Its probably not

-us, obviously

-Sunderland (short)

-wigan (whelan)

-City, obviously

-Pompy, obviously

-Villa (Lerner)

-Mancs

-Liverpool (both greedy owners who want $)

-Spuds

-Arsenal (I think a large number of bigtime shareholders keep it even between investors)

I think it might be Everton. Maybe thats wishful thinking

Pompey???

soon you'll change the name to the Arab Premier League.

Suleman al-Fahim has already started a takeover there. This was the guy who was the face of (and helped engineer) the ADUG takeover at Eastlands. I guess he decided he wanted in too

Edited by TheWestwayWonder

Maybe it's Liverpool? I think that guy with Hicks sold one of his NFL teams today or something like that.

George Gillett (the small one) sold the Montreal Canadiens of the NHL for quite alot. Alot of speculation I have seen seems to think this is a move that will allow them to refinance and, quite likely, stay on as owners. I think it will be more of the same old same old on Merseyside. Same two owners, same transfer budget

But I dont think its Liverpool. The two owners are like the Glazers. They went all in with their money and put the club in debt to get something out of it. They want that payoff. And if one owner leaves, I think the other will stay.

Edited by TheWestwayWonder

Rumours on us being the club have really picked up, we seem to be the favourite. Other than us (Everton), Portsmouth, Fulham and Liverpool were the favourites but Portsmouth and Liverpool gave a statement to The Guardian that neither are the club, the reason many are ruling out Fulham is that every source seems to say 'Leading Premier league Club' and without meaning any disrespect to Fulham I wouldn't consider them a leading club.

Plus Bill Kenwrights shares total 60% which is what has been bought, all the pieces seem to be falling into place for it to be Everton, lets see

EDIT: Also they're quoting £100m for 60% for the shares, too little for Liverpool, much too much for Portsmouth and probably too much for it to be Fulham

Edited by evertonian

Nothing more than a feeling, and I am not sure how it would work but maybe it is us ?

This morning at 9am i was assured by someone 'itk' it it was Birmingham. Then Spe*rz. And now Everton.

Edited by bjd

im sure which ever club it is the fans will be ashamed of all the money they now have. you know, just like they were disgusted by us getting so much money. :unsure:

Rumours on us being the club have really picked up, we seem to be the favourite. Other than us (Everton), Portsmouth, Fulham and Liverpool were the favourites but Portsmouth and Liverpool gave a statement to The Guardian that neither are the club, the reason many are ruling out Fulham is that every source seems to say 'Leading Premier league Club' and without meaning any disrespect to Fulham I wouldn't consider them a leading club.

Plus Bill Kenwrights shares total 60% which is what has been bought, all the pieces seem to be falling into place for it to be Everton, lets see

EDIT: Also they're quoting �100m for 60% for the shares, too little for Liverpool, much too much for Portsmouth and probably too much for it to be Fulham

Thanks for the info, evertonian. That would certainly make sense, as Kenwright has said before that he would search for the kind of investment he couldnt provide the club. You are lucky to have a guy like that at the helm ::HeAdS:::

Is the feeling among Toffees out there that its you guys? I would be quite pleased if it was. Its about time some of that hard work Moyes has put in gets rewarded by being able to compete on an even keel.

Imagine how exciting next year will be if Liverpool, Everton, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Villa and Arsenal are all chasing top four spots next year. Holy Moses, we need to reinforce to make sure we dont get left behind

Well, even still, i think its only a matter of time before you get a bigtime investor. Anyone with cash to spend on a team has got to realize there are the foundations for success written all over your club

Part of the reason Roman chose Chelsea to invest in was because we were a troubled club that had overachieved. I think the same applies to you, without the troubled part. Investors would surely rather get that then wind up with a Newcastle or City who might backfire and get relegated or something