Chelsea Away shirt is cursed?

Alakuu
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

We didnt win at Wigan, City, Villa and Madrid because we were piss poor and not because of what we were wearing. We are currently losing at a rate of one out of every three away games we are playing (there or thereabouts).

Its one for the coaching team to sort out and not for the fashion police.

I remember a dipper sitting in a bar with a really only red top on after the pool got stuffed he said "I knew I shouldn't have worn this shirt." I did point out that we were some 650 kilometers from the game but he wasn't convinced.

Early Doors had a pretty funny take on this:

This morning's Sun features a masterpiece of investigative journalism, claiming that Chelsea's new away shirt is cursed.

The football gods are clearly not fans of the strip, which rather curiously features navy and slightly darker navy stripes with luminous yellow trip.

All four times they have worn the kit, they have ended up on the losing side - drawing comparison with Manchester United's infamous grey kit that apparently caused players to disappear from plain sight.

Early Doors would suggest this trend has less to do with mysterious voodoo powers, and more to do with Chelsea being better at home than away.

It is hard to say when Chelsea will next wear the cursed kit, since it is the same colour as the home one, but possible outings include trips to West Ham and Birmingham over Christmas.

United once ditched the grey shirts at half-time during a defeat to Southampton, and the Double Blues also have options, in the form of an all-white third strip knocking about the place in case things get really bad.

But if Chelsea were really clever, they would wear the navy shirts for tonight's seemingly un-losable game against APOEL Nicosia. If they break the jinx, job done. If they lose, cast the shirts en masse into the nearest blast furnace.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/ear...article/217086/

Is the ghost of baconface haunting this thread?

No, that would be if we blamed the defeat exclusively on the shirt :SpamUnwrapped: We were pretty sh*te at the weekend, but im sure it had nothing to do with not being able to see teammates (as that hideous day glo print helps us out there)

I've said it before, and i'll say it again. That shirt is ugly as hell and I wish it would just disappear. Replace it with the one in Bluemoon's avatar

Lampard also said this...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...rsed-shirt.html

Stupid and lame really. We cannot use this as an excuse!

But Lampard didnt say anything there, did he? Sun just pointed out that whenever we've played in the away kit, we've ended on the losing side, and then ran with it using United's example and claiming that the kit is jinxed.

Lampard also said this...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...rsed-shirt.html

Stupid and lame really. We cannot use this as an excuse!

Not a single quote in there about the shirt. Carlo talks about the players, which is where his focus needs to be.

"As things go from bad to cursed". Jesus christ, they really dont disappoint at the sun, do they?