ex blue to be a, erm blue?

dkw
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

According to a newspaper from the city of La Plata, Manchester City have offered 14M pounds for Estudiante's midfielder Juan Sebastian Veron.

According to the reports, Veron who played with Mancini said no at first, but Estudiantes would ask him to reconsider as they need some money for their new stadium.

http://www.diariohoy.net/accion-verNota-id..._pesos_por_Vern

dear god, and we thought chelsea wasted money.

Please let this happen.

Veron and Viera. Perhaps to create the set they should whack in a 30 million bid for Viduka.

In fact , dont be surprised if they do.

God, they are starting to make some of the transfers and fees we arranged look half sensible.

Please let this happen.

Veron and Viera. Perhaps to create the set they should whack in a 30 million bid for Viduka.

God, they are starting to make some of the transfers and fees we arranged look half sensible.

they will have to change their name to "the elderly citizens"

In my mind, that was by far our worst transaction over the past decade, since not only did we get a bust in Veron, but we also gave a large transfer fee to one of our major rivals. At least the transfer fee for Sheva went to an Italian club.

Please let this happen.

Not even they're stupid enough to pay 30million for a player without a club hahaha

At first I suspected this was just tabloid bollocks, but when I realized it was possible, well, :rofl:

Vieira will be good enough, but the two together wouldve been gold. I wonder what City fans are thinking about Mancini now...

The only "good" thing I remember about buying Veron was that Man U made a loss, like £15 million or something on what they paid for him.

Yes, but that loss might have been even worse had we not stepped in and taken him off their hands. Imagine them loaning him back to Inter like we did, and then writing off his full transfer fee at the end of his contract, like we had to.

If I recall correctly they got Ronaldo that summer. Pains me to think that part of Roman's money might have gone into that transfer

Edited by TheWestwayWonder

strange how our regular city visitor hasnt commented on this so far, or the viera signing. cant think why....other than him being embarrassed by the whole thing :droolsmiley:

This signing is so odd and pointless.What next, try and get Overmars to pop over for half a season or so?

City really are doing a good job of ignoring any lessons they could have learnt from our experiences, and actually making some even more ridiculous mistakes themselves.

Hilarious really.