Ancelotti warned by FA

Andreas

Ferguson warned as well for the same thing.

I don't really see why managers aren't allowed to say anything about the refs. I can understand if they're punished for having a go at the ref, but not being allowed to say "he's a good ref" is just odd.

In fact, when Ferguson for once actually say something good about a ref he should be f*cking praised ;)

Ferguson warned as well for the same thing.

I don't really see why managers aren't allowed to say anything about the refs. I can understand if they're punished for having a go at the ref, but not being allowed to say "he's a good ref" is just odd.

In fact, when Ferguson for once actually say something good about a ref he should be f*cking praised ;)

I think the idea is to stop people (Fergie) from making comments (like he did about Webb) along the lines of 'I'm glad we've got this referee, he's good at the job and will look out for us *wink wink*'. If you can't say anything about him at all, then there can be little question about whether what you have said influenced him in any way. Obviously after the game then there's nothing wrong with saying that the ref had a good performance etc, but beforehand it can get a bit dodgy.

can someone please explain to me what is wrong with what he said:

Ancelotti had said: "I think it's not good to speak about the past, and also it's not good to speak about the referee because I don't want to put pressure on the referee.

"Howard Webb is a fantastic referee, he has experience, he has skills, but this is football and sometimes when things are not good you speak about the bad decisions against you."

I just can't see it

Its easier to create scape goats enforcing poor policies than to admit an error and correct the poor policies/mistakes.

If I was a manager I think I would not be speaking to the press except to say. "I lvoe this game and we have a great team, but if I say anything more than that I might get finedby the FA"

That would be my whole interview for every pre/post game conference.

Edited by Barry Bridges

Kind of blows the manure fans conspiracy theory that the fa are out to get Fungus/the club in general right out of the water. That's all I've heard since the old git was charged for the comments he made.

The whole saga is all a bit silly really. Bacon face will continue to say what he likes anyway, so the warning will mean nothing. As for Carlo being warned, well farce starts with the letters F and A and that just about sums them up.