Which our targers or players were linked too

Keiron

Do you think is most important too our squad

we know wingers and creative midfielders is what we're after

but just name thress names of who are the ones you want too see signed and would improve us.

for example people sayin neymar too pricey, modric not enough assists so who out of the names were linked with would best improve us.

Im posting this because its strange im not actually excited about anyone target.. on deadline day when there were rumours of torres goin by helicopter to SB i was like a kid on xmas mornin..

and i think its because of him bein crap last season im really pesimistic about anyone were linked with..

1. Neymar

2. Sanchez

3. Pastore

Edited by Keiron

For someone who attacked Barak's spelling, your spelling and Grammar leaves little to be desired. I don't even understand the title.

Just following the theme of attacking individual posters without making a decent contribution to the topic, seems to be in Vogue at the moment.

Edited by Gem

For someone who attacked Barak's spelling, your spelling and Grammar leaves little to be desired. I don't even understand the title.

Just following the theme of attacking individual posters without making a decent contribution to the topic, seems to be in Vogue at the moment.

Hang on, so it's acceptable to abuse other forum members as long as you 'strike a pose' afterwards?

Hang on a minute my title is missing the word "of" (which of our targets).. genuine mistake

i never " attacked" his spelling i said it did my head in because it just seemed lazy, if i'd of known he was dyslexic i'd of never have said that, so for that i apologise i just fought it was laziness.

I assure you my spelling and grammar are fine for a forum. I never meant tosay what i said to Barak nastily. It was more banter.

Edited by Keiron

Hang on a minute my title is missing the word "of" (which of our targets).. genuine mistake

i never " attacked" his spelling i said it did my head in because it just seemed lazy, if i'd of known he was dyslexic i'd of never have said that, so for that i apologise i just fought it was laziness.

I assure you my spelling and grammar are fine for a forum. I never meant tosay what i said to Barak nastily. It was more banter.

I'm sorry not involved in the whole grammar nazi business but that literally made me laugh out loud considering the point of the post.

On the topic (I'm still confused about what you're asking) but I'm pretty excited about all of our links so far. Don't worry about Torres, we'll be able to judge him fairly next season.

So someone is saying they're not excited by the likes of Neymar, Sanchez and Pastore?

Let me tell you, any single one of those signings would be absolutely damn fantastic - if I'm honest I think we're likely not to land those, and maybe will get the likes of De Bruyne, Lukaku, Turan, Van der Wiel and I'd be damn happy with that. If we step up to the likes of Modric, Mata, Hazard etc then that'd be even better. But the three you mentioned? You'd be crazy not to get excited about those.

I'm sorry not involved in the whole grammar nazi business but that literally made me laugh out loud considering the point of the post.

On the topic (I'm still confused about what you're asking) but I'm pretty excited about all of our links so far. Don't worry about Torres, we'll be able to judge him fairly next season.

hahaha oh dear just seen that i must admit thats awful..

thought*

So someone is saying they're not excited by the likes of Neymar, Sanchez and Pastore?

Let me tell you, any single one of those signings would be absolutely damn fantastic - if I'm honest I think we're likely not to land those, and maybe will get the likes of De Bruyne, Lukaku, Turan, Van der Wiel and I'd be damn happy with that. If we step up to the likes of Modric, Mata, Hazard etc then that'd be even better. But the three you mentioned? You'd be crazy not to get excited about those.

i said they're the three i want.. but im cautious about them too say the least considering their price tags.

I don't think we're going to go on a summer of 2003 type spree. We won't get more than 4-5 players, and we'll move on some 2-3 first teamers.

I think we've missed the boat, we should've signed Gervinho and now he's go to the scum.

De Bruyn, Lukaku, Turan, van der Wiel, Modrid, Mata, Neymar, Pastore, Alexis Sanchez are all the players we've been linked with, right?

I say we'd do well to get 4 of those and spend less than 100 million.

Bloody City inflating the market.

Edited by Crystal Phallus

I don't think we're going to go on a summer of 2003 type spree. We won't get more than 4-5 players, and we'll move on some 2-3 first teamers.

I think we've missed the boat, we should've signed Gervinho and now he's go to the scum.

De Bruyn, Lukaku, Turan, van der Wiel, Modrid, Mata, Neymar, Pastore, Alexis Sanchez are all the players we've been linked with, right?

I say we'd do well to get 4 of those and spend less than 100 million.

Bloody City inflating the market.

I think you'll find we started it :P

We need a creative player like Modric but If Sir Wadzman is right about our transfer targets, we still won't have addressed the problem of width. & am I the only one thinking we are effectively paying 'about £29m' (20m Lukaku + £9m De Bryune & loaning him to Anderletch) effectively for Lukaku a player we don't need. Guaranteed the Lukaku & De Bryune fees won't be as quoted but with add-ons. I would rather by a winger or 2 that will hug the touchline & take on the full-backs than taking gambles on unproven youngsters when we still haven't addressed the problem of width. I hope I am wrong & we get a Mata or some other decent winger.

No, thats just Manc/Platini propaganda. Real were paying way more than we were during their Galactio days. Take a look at 1999/00.

Anelka for 34 million (on a 20 year old! Last century!), Baljić for 26 million, Helguera for 15 and Salgado for 12.

2000/01- Figo for 60 million, Flavio for 25, Makelele for 14, Munitis for 12.

2001/02- Zidane for a whopping 72 million.

2002/03- Ronaldo, for 45 million

2003/04- Beckham, 35 million.

Total spend over the 5 years: 369.7 million Euros, back when the exchange rate was far better as well. And they did not make a single cent in that period through selling players as well.

Now, compare us between 2003/04 through to 08/09

2003/04- Total spend- 121.15 million.

2004/05- Total spend 91.45 million

2005/06- 54.4 million

2006/07- 52.5 million

2007/08- 43.7 million

2008/09- 24.6 million

Over 5 years, thats 387.8 million gross spend. Discount the exchange rate, maybe we spent 400-410 million Euros. But if you factor in the players we sold:

2003/04- 500k

2004/05- 2.2 million

2005/06- 22.6 million

2006/07- 21 million

2007/08- 25 million

2008/09- 34.9 million

Over 5 years, we made 106.2 million. So we actually only spent 281.6 million, far less than what Real spent during their time of big spending. So we were actually less responsible for inflation than the media would have people believe. It was already inflated when we came into it, it was just because what we were doing was never seen in England but had been commonplace on the continent for some time before that all this "oh Chelsea ruined football" talk came about.

And if you wanna talk about City, they actually spent more than us in their first sugar daddy season- 122.96 million; followed that up with 118.5 in 2009/10, and this year broke their own record and spent 143 million. They made back just 46 million through sales, so they ended up spending in 3 seasons what we spent in 5.

For some reason it won't let me edit, but I'll continue anyway

Arsenal got to 104.7; Barcelona racked up 354.95 million, even Liverpool cracked the 150 million mark.

I couldn't get data for the big Italian clubs or Bayern Munich, but you can bet they were also there or thereabouts. Over 5 years, we did not spend much more than many a top European club.