Question for a film buff

moi

For some time now a line from an old film has been going round and round in my head.

"It was too late. It was always too late."

I've tried googling it and all I get is lyrics from a song. I know it is a line from a well-known film, but I just can't place it.

My best bet is Blanche Dubois in "A Streetcar Named Desire" - a Tennessee Williams play made into a film with Marlon Brando and Vivien Leigh.

Does anyone have any other ideas? Maks?

This is infuriating!

I recognise that quote but can't think of what movie it's from. I've tried to google it as well, but like you I end up with only some damn lyrics to a damn song.

Even tried to google different variations of the quote, but without any luck.

I've asked on another forum for help on this one. There's a few movie-nerds there who might give us an helping hand.

I hope they do, because otherwise this quote will haunt me tonight. I wont be able to get any sleep :unsure:

I assume he means the musical about the girl with Ray Parlour's hair.

Ok! I don't know anything about that one, so I asume it's not there that I've heard it!

Does anyone have any other ideas? Maks?

It's not an exact match, but it's pretty close, so could it be this one:

"They claim their labors are to build a heaven, yet their heaven is populated by horrors. Perhaps the world is not made. Perhaps nothing is made. A clock without a craftsman. It's too late. Always has been, always will be. Too late."

It's...

Dr. Manhattan in Watchmen

I couldn't remember the exact quote, so I had to check IMDb.

Edited by Maksimov

I actually saw that one. Then remembered its supposed to be an old movie..

Yeah, I know movie is just a few years old(the graphic novel which it's based on is from the '80s), but I thought I'd throw it into the mix. Especially as I think it might be what Moos was thinking of. I'm not sure if it's the kind of movie that moi would watch(or read the graphic novel/comic book), though. And yeah, the movie's not old.

No, this is definitely an old film, and the line is said by a woman in a sad/wistful voice.

I'm going to have to buy the DVD of Streetcar to check it out!