Fix it.

alan'82

AVB is struggling,the team is struggling,Torres is.... err, struggling.

Forget Football Manager & turn off Match of the Day...... how would YOU turn the club's fortunes around??.

Change of tactics?, team selection perhaps?,maybe try something radical?.

Sensible ideas how to fix the problems please & if possible,for an extra challenge,try to keep the exsisting manager in any of your solutions :smile:.

Don't they say "when the going gets tough,the tough get going".

Time to 'man up' folks.......

Quite a simple answer to your question.

Get rid of Malouda, Bosingwa and Mikel.

Let Sturridge play in the centre, he is wasted out wide.

Cahill, Bertrand and Piazon to start every game.

Get Josh back after the end of the season and play him instead of Meireles.

Oh, and keep AVB of course :)

Edited by Blueblur

How would I turn the club's fortunes around?

1.Keep AVB. - However I fear that even if he is the man who brings transition, he wont be here to come out the other side of it.

2. New Assistant - Experience is needed, I love RDM as much as anyone else but cant help but think things would be different this season had Steve Clarke still been here.

3. Sell Deadwood - Bosingwa, Malouda, Paulo, Meireles, Kalou, Drogba.

4. Bring in competition for places, youth and signings;

gk; Cech, Cortouis, Delac

rb; Urgently needed, Hutch

lb; Cole, Bertrand, PVH

cb; Terry Cahill Luiz Ivanavic

cm; Lamps, Essien, Romeu, Mikel, Josh, Piazon

wingers/strikers; sturridge, mata, De Bryne + urgently needed

Strikers; Torres Lukaku + urgently needed

When Roman arrived in Britain he was only too pleased to launder a whole load of roubles and curry favour with the British establishment by buying a high profile club. He employed the best manager and gave him carte blanche. Now he doesn't need us, and he should do the decent thing and sell up.

Quite a simple answer to your question.

Get rid of Malouda, Bosingwa and Mikel.

Let Sturridge play in the centre, he is wasted out wide.

Cahill, Bertrand and Piazon to start every game.

Get Josh back after the end of the season and play him instead of Meireles.

Oh, and keep AVB of course :)

Not jumping on you here but have you seen Piazon play since he joined us?

Very difficult but with the players available I'd be trying to get a feel for who the CB pairing is going to be...is it Cahill-JT, Luiz-Cahill, Ivan, Cahill, thats hard enough in itself but needs to be a settled pairing, If Ivan is not going to be a first choice Centreback we are wasting one of our best players, hes been one of the most consistent and his head is in it, he isn't ideal as a rb here because AVBs RB is supposed to be quick going forward...where does this leave Ivan?

Thre are problems we haven't really thought about here and thats in the position we are probably best off in, if we have JT, Luiz, Cahill and Ivan and use them in their favoured and best positions we have two unhappy players. I really can't pick a pairing without seeing more of the possible partnerships.

RB is a togh one, Bosingwa (defensively suspect) Ferreira (love him but this is likely his last season here) Hutchinson (is he up to it), I'd still use Bos with a settled CB pairing for now.

LB Cole has had his worst seaon since I've known who he was, Bertrand should now be getting enough gametime to either get Ash focused or be the first choice, is he good enough? I think so.

Midfield, is it a three or should it be a four? I think Ramires is first name on the sheet for me and I'd have Mikel/Romeu/Essien Rotate with a look at Piazon in Maloudas spot, Frank would be playing 25 minutes here and there until he looked sharp, Midfield is really difficult and keeping Frank/Essien/Raul/Malouda interested if they don't get much game time will be impossible, Mata has to be in the centre behind either one or two strikers,I don't wonder AVB is having problems, Ramires, Mata and one other is what seems best at the moment but it is a difficult choice.

Up front in a two I would play Sturridge and Drogba (or at least try it) in a three I'd give Torres an hour in the middle of Sturridge and Piazon and I'd like to see Kalou come on for Studge if he wasn't Passing or was making bad decisions, Kalous decision making has also been suspect but it would give some healthy competition on the right and I think Kalou is still decent back up.

To save this season might even take a 4-3-2-1 with Drogba leading the line but who knows what response the Manager will get from any of these or other possible players/formations?

Its about getting the best or even average form from the players on the park and that seems to be the stumbling block.

Edited by Chippy

When Roman arrived in Britain he was only too pleased to launder a whole load of roubles and curry favour with the British establishment by buying a high profile club. He employed the best manager and gave him carte blanche. Now he doesn't need us, and he should do the decent thing and sell up.

Wow.

Sack AVB

Hire Hiddink temporarily

If jose is availiable at all costs get him

If not tie down Hiddink to 1yr contract

Or get Capello

Give them money to rebuild

Yes, this was evident by him buying:

-Torres, 50m waste of money

-Lukaku, 18m waste of money (you don't buy players with only potential for this price)

-Luiz, 22m waste of money (gives 100% every time but isn't good enough a defender)

-AVB, 28m waste of money

In the past year

Edited by Chels2

What is your problem with Roman exactly? You are constantly saying he should leave. Or are you just a WUM?