BOBBY BOBBY CHARLTON LALALALALA LALA

Mike Carefree

How many of you were at the us v man utd at the Bridge when it was bobby charltons farewell game...I cant remember the year , or score, But i remember how good it was to hear the whole ground chant his name . We may have sung his name longer n louder than the manx...What i can remember. it was a great atmosphere

This was one game that I am still annoyed about missing due to Family.

Could not get to the game in time and ended up in Arrods of the East End (Bearmans) with some young West Ham friends listening to the match on a radio in their tea rooms.

We were joined by a so called soldier who spent the afternoon telling us his underecover exploits, still pi**ed off that I missed the game and missed bobbys farewell and Ossies fluke Goal.

I was at that game too, last game of the 72/73 season, we won 1-0 with a goal by Ossie.

I don't remember Chelsea singing Charlton's name, but that could well be down to the amount of pre-match refreshments.

I was at the game, queued up for about 3 hours to get in, and the whole ground was singing his name, nice touch.

I have probably told this story in the days of the old 'CSR' but this is one of my fondest memories as a kid with my late father.

Dad and I queued for hours from Fulham Broadway Station or maybe from further back my memory isn't that brilliant.

When we finally reached the ground, we ended up in the wrong queue and ended up in the North Stand.

Ossie scored and my dad and I went mental and there was not a hint of trouble, how we got out of the ground is

long gone in my memory, but I will always remember this game not only because of Bobby but for my dad who inspired

me to become a Chelsea fan and tragically missed the glory years under Jose and co.

Hey. I used to shop in BEARMANS..Are you talking bout the one top of Leytonstone high rd.....Wages...Bearmans....CFC n The green man

Brimy, yes thats the Bearmans and the same Green Man, GM had a fantastic Band that could play anything so much kit on the stage that they all stood in their own hemmed in bit of the stage.

Used to frequent other locals as well

The Bobby C game was really the end of an era, 7 short years before we had won the world cup I think that he was universely respected.

• 5 weeks later...

I remember this one, got locked out of the north stand which was where we used to stand so went in the shed instead.

Remember waiting on the the Fulham Road for United to come out afterwards but the bill weren't having any of it so we went back to Earls Court and waited there. Funny though, I can't remember any bother afterwards so we must have just got fed up of waiting.

Gawd knows what time they must have let United out as there.

• 4 weeks later...

East stand was being built and bobby actually hd a poor game....we got there 2 hrs before kick-off nd fans in both ends

Bobby was the best England player I have ever seen - honestly

Quick, great shot both feet, he could drop either shoulder and be gone, great variety of passing with both feet. He could clip it instep or outside of his foot, hit it flat and long or chip it or long diagonals

Watch the worl cup final and you'll see what I mean

Shame about the haircut!