Chelsea TV

Tea Bar Boy

Called Sky just to check as it was still blocked . Phone Div didn?t know anything about it so I started to get a bit worried thinking it was some sort of fraud as they asked for my sky password , email and post code . After looking into it phone div advised me that ?someone had tried to add it to your package but it was blocked by Sky ? when I asked why ? no idea ? can you reinstate it then ? No the offer has expired ? so who do I need to speak to ?Chelsea TV ? on what number and he repeats the number I had just called ?

Obviously not meant to be !

I wouldnt worry, Chelsea TV isnt that good! I think I pay ?6.99 for it a month and probably watch it only once. Lately, I havent wanted to watch the Premiership games back as we have been drawing (before the Wigan game, of course).

Other than that, you get a lot of 'Live From Stamford Bridge' which is recorded and a lot of the same people calling up to give their views and opinions on totally irrelevant things. Also, they have pretty blonde girls reading the latest news and pretending to know everything about the club when they are evidentally reading off an autocue!

For half price though, I wouldnt say no!!

I wouldnt worry, Chelsea TV isnt that good! I think I pay ?6.99 for it a month and probably watch it only once. Lately, I havent wanted to watch the Premiership games back as we have been drawing (before the Wigan game, of course).

Other than that, you get a lot of 'Live From Stamford Bridge' which is recorded and a lot of the same people calling up to give their views and opinions on totally irrelevant things. Also, they have pretty blonde girls reading the latest news and pretending to know everything about the club when they are evidentally reading off an autocue!

For half price though, I wouldnt say no!!

Mmmmm, pretty blonde girls. icon_razz.gif

Actually there is some quite good stuff on nowadays. The 'Analyse That' (or is it This?) isn't particularly interesting as it's just them trying to copy Andy Gray on 'Final Word' but there are some quite interesting progs. They do a Press programme once a month (which is repeated a lot) where they have members of the gutter press come on and try and justify what they've written. There is a prog called Chelsea Chat where a Chelsea rep answers questions from Chelsea fans from places like the Fans Forum and certain Fan Clubs. Interviews for PR by Kenyon and Bruce Buck (who I actually quite like) are always interesting but have to be viewed as bullsh*t PR. Interviews with players and Jose and other staff are good too.

Live From Stamford Bridge would be excellent if they would do 2 things:- 1. Ban Vernon Carvey and 2 or 3 other regular callers who dominate the programme who just want to say the same thing every week and 2. Stop all the sycophantic grovelling from every caller every time there is an ex player on. It's nice to say thanks I supppose but do the really have to say "before I ask my question I'd like to say thanks to you Kerry for all the great service you've given the club and I still remember the goal you scored against blah blah". It's nice to say thanks but when every caller does it to a bloke who's on Chelsea TV every week anyway it wastes a load of time that could be spent on discussing issues rather than arse licking.

My particular favourites are the Acadamy progs and the Live reserves matches which I would never get to see living in the wilds of the north as I do.

It's also nice to see old matches although it would be nice if they could go back a bit further than they do as I'm getting a little bored of watching Vialli ploughing through the snow at Tromso (how could anyone be bored of Vialli!?). Plus of course on the rare occassion we don't see an entire Prem match televised on Sky then we can alway watch the full 90 minutes a couple of days later on Chelsea TV which is infinitely preferable to watching the biased selection from the BBC highlights prog. (I am of course deliberately ignoring the football first choice on Saturday evenings).

Chelsea TV is overpriced but only just in my opinion and I'm happy to pay for it considering my current circumstances. I like it on the whole.

?6 a month is the cost of two matchday programmes, or two pints at the ground, so if you're prepared to pay that then what's the problem with chelsea tv? It's not great but if you're a fan of the club it gives u enough stuff to make it worthwhile as long as you remember to 'turn your telly down' icon_wink.gif

I had it while Iw as home, and it was good. I liked the ressies, and the old games, they were good. Live from Sb was okay, but to me the thing that chapped me was Neil Barnett;s incessant put downs of people who may have gotten a fact/date/scoreline slightly wrong.

Okay, I knwo the man is a wealth of Chelsea knowledge, a Chelsea almanac if you will, but not everyone has his knowledge of the blues. It is his job to know these things. So when a caller phoned in to make a valid point, it riled me that "spy" would fuc*ing interupt them constantly to correct a date, ro a poitn about what they were saying.

Other than that it was certainly a lot cheaper than trying to make it to teh Bridge from Scotland every month

Scott

My gripe with it is that it doesn't show any Chelsea games prior to the inception of the EPL, and no FA Cup matches at all.

I'd chew me own arm off to watch games featuring Wee Pat jinking down the wing, Doug the Rug and his silky skills, Speedo arguing with everyone including himself and King Kerry burying a bullet header at the back stick.

justkerry.gif

King Kerry burying a bullet header at the back stick

Makes the hairs on my arm stand up just thinking about it

Id pay 60 a quid a month if i was assured of some of that.

And the blonde girls reading the news

yeah that was a gripe too, sorry I just get so focused on Spy;s antics. I was dissapointed that I never saw any matches on CTV from before the Prem. Also, they only seemed to show the Carling CUp matches once, the night they were played, adn then not much after that. They did have some good old premiership matches though

scott

Archived