Thiago Alcantara

alex54

This fine young midfielder can't get enough minutes behind the likes of Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta, Fabregas and Song. Now that isn't a shame really. But the fact remains he is incredibly talented. Reports are that he is unhappy about his playing time and Barcelona are willing to listen to offers for the 22 year old.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130515/fc-barcelona/barca-dispuesto-escuchar-ofertas-thiago-alcantara_54373512028.html

He is a central midfielder capable of claiming the ball and controlling the tempo of the game. What we need. Of course he isn't the strongest physical presence. And I don't really know about his defensive mindset. But if you pair him with a defensive minded midfielder I think you could play him in the pivot. Or we could switch to 4-3-3 with a pure defensive midfielder behind him (and say Ramires next to him).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZEtXuclS6s

What do you guys think?

He would be an awesome signing. However my main problem with signing someone who play the role of the attacking half of the double pivot is that we already have at least 3 of  those players - Lampard, Ramires and KDB. Add to that Luiz and Oscar and we're already overloaded in that area imo. Obviously Thiago has the ability to be better than all of them but I think we're sorted for that role right now, assuming we keep KDB.

He is a very talanted young player but still quite raw. He needs games on a consistent basis to allow his development to reach the next level. I'd welcome him at my club (city) but i think he would do better at perhaps a Valencia or a Lyon, somewhere where he will play a lot.

Archived