Lowest Attendance Game

katznutz
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

What's the lowest attendance match you've ever been to?

I knew mine was a game at Chelsea Vs Tranmere but never knew how many there wasn't 259.gif I've just looked it up & it was 7982 icon_eek.gif

It stood out for me as I rememeber singing to Tranmere fans we'll see you both outside icon_lol.gif

Match detail:

Match Date: Wednesday, 6th Oct 1982

Competition: League Cup - 2nd Round - 1st Leg

Opponent: Tranmere Rovers

Venue: Home

Attendance: 7,982

Result: Won 3 - 1

I was 15 icon_eek.gif & WELL HARD 139.gif

i remember going to simod cup match against someone like southampton and there being about 7k there, amazingly 3 days later we played sheff utd in the fa cup and we had about 35k! think this was 92

away from SB i went to see raith rovers play on a family holiday to scotland, , there mustve been about 600 people there - i remember kids playing football on the terraces!!!

Away from Chelsea is embarassing information on me!

When I was about 11 years old and living in the West of Scotland there was no way my Dad would have let me go to Ibrox on my own so a group of my mates and I used to go and see Dumbarton play on a pretty regular basis. In those days they played in a stadium rather aptly called 'Boghead' (demolished now and pictured below)

boghead.jpg

The attendances probably used to average about 200 and we made it a standard event to invade the pitch after every hime game as part of the laugh. So every other week about 10 kids bewteen the ages of about 10 and 13 used to run onto the pitch at full time and they get the player autographs.

In those days Owen Coyle (probably the most staunch Celtic fan never to play for Celtic) played for Dumbarton. One of my mates had a Rangers training top on and ran up to Coyle for an autograph - Coyle turned to him and said 'What are you wearing that piece of Orange Hun Sh*te for?' then laughed and signed his program - but harsh to say that to a kid of 11 I thought!!

i remember going to simod cup match against someone like southampton and there being about 7k there, amazingly 3 days later we played sheff utd in the fa cup and we had about 35k! think this was 92

away from SB i went to see raith rovers play on a family holiday to scotland, , there mustve been about 600 people there - i remember kids playing football on the terraces!!!

jumpers for goal posts?

saw workington reds v some north eas team (think it was gateshead) in front of 130 odd people. but the worst was workington town rugby league v carlisle rugby league. because of a ridiculous format, they had already played each other 6 times during a season. the 7th saw a crowd of 75. was rubbish

saw workington reds v some north eas team (think it was gateshead) in front of 130 odd people. but the worst was workington town rugby league v carlisle rugby league. because of a ridiculous format, they had already played each other 6 times during a season. the 7th saw a crowd of 75. was rubbish

DKW are you from Workingon? I went to see the the reds a few times when my uncle played for them years ago. They went into a big slide in the 80's/90's but looks like they are coming back a bit in recent seasons. My old man was from there and had a framed programme from the Chelsea v. Workington League Cup game in the 60's

I think Derby County at home (1982?) was pretty bad if I remember rightly. I also remember some terrible home crowds in a particularly bad patch around the end of Porterfield's reign as manager. I think we got something like 11,000 against Arsenal on a televised cold Monday night game but I could be wrong.

I also remember being at Old Trafford for their lowest ever top flight attendance back in the late 80's 26,000 against Wimbledon on a Tuesday night. I was living up there at the time and showed up on the away end to catch up with a couple of Wimbledon mates. It wasn't hard to find them in the travelling contingent of 28. Still outsung United of course :rofl: