if its a Liverpool Manu final

BLUENUT

How many years ban will English clubs recieve from UEFA?

"the enthusiasm of these fans is incredible, they are raining their seats on to the pitch in a wonderful show of love for the game. The police are joining in dancing with the fans in the stands, we'll be back riot after this ad break"

"the enthusiasm of these fans is incredible, they are raining their seats on to the pitch in a wonderful show of love for the game. The police are joining in dancing with the fans in the stands, we'll be back riot after this ad break"

i love your fans taking a morale stand againt the terrible ways of other supporters. Just how much trouble was there in Istanbul? How much in Dotmund in 2001?

i love your fans taking a morale stand againt the terrible ways of other supporters. Just how much trouble was there in Istanbul? How much in Dotmund in 2001?

Problem is Rob,

Morale high ground or not, you know it will happen.

Let's just hope it does'nt pan out that way eh?

I'm talking in the sense of 2 English sides playing each other abroad, with a long-standing deep hatred for each other, to an extent where they even bicker amongst themselves on rival teams boards. They will be travelling on the same transport, through the same airports. It will kick off!!

I could apply the same logic if Spurs meet Newcastle in Scotland, but they don't have the same deep rivalry or a long list of previous.

Oh and it never happened in Istanbul but isn't one of those cheeky, salt of the earth passionate 'innocent' Liverpool fans serving a murder sentence for something that happended on the way home?

I don't normally side with Rob, and I do believe that if it's a dippers v mancs final it will be hell.

BUT, we can't really take the moral high ground on this one. Hands up all those who were relishing the thought of the spuds getting to the CC final and the trip down to Taffland and back?

Come on people, we were really quite looking forward to it. Don't make me go trawling through the posts to make my case

Kev

To a certain extent he has a point about our fans. But quite how a Liverpool fan has the bollocks to boast about lack of crowd trouble in European Finals in utterley beyond me.

I couldn't give a monkey's, I had enough pleasure beating their North London rivals who I hate as much.

Does Spurs or Arsenal make a difference then, do you think there'd have been running battles in the streets of Cardiff with Spurs?

Were NO angels..........

But this fella comes on our site..... giving it Billy Big Bollocks!!

Talking up his supporters........All that sh*te!!

I dont care about them............never have done!

Honestly,IF Liverpo*l floated off into the Irish sea

and fell off the face of the Earth.........It wouldn't bother me!

But this fella he loves Chels!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

WHY?

Because of our supporters or theirs?

Your answer therefore has to be their supporters, so you have joint me on the moral highground, cosy up here isn't it?

The thing I will admit is we've had a bit of a dark past, but look who goes to most of our matches nowdays. Spurs and Liverpool still have a scummy element that follows them around, we don't and if we did I'd admit it. Unlike our resident mickey!

WHY?

Because of our supporters or theirs?

Your answer therefore has to be their supporters, so you have joint me on the moral highground, cosy up here isn't it?

The thing I will admit is we've had a bit of a dark past, but look who goes to most of our matches nowdays. Spurs and Liverpool still have a scummy element that follows them around, we don't and if we did I'd admit it. Unlike our resident mickey!

I know i spend a lot of time on here defending my fellow fans, something i should possibly give up on as it is a massive battle, but my honest opinion is that we have very little scumbag following. Thats the experience i have anyhow. I have only ever seen one bit of trouble at anfield (i am only 25, and have only been a real regular for 8 years). I dont go away much, but i know people who do and there are plenty of w**kers by all accounts (a social problem, rather than a football one) but no real football scumbags.

I will never condone what happened in Hysel, although i am sure i will be assumed to be by some of you. I dont know enough about it to castigate either way but from what i do know, we have to accept a large slice of the blame and hang our heads. But that was then, at a time when it was a case of when not if a tragedy happened like this involving English fans. Today it is different. I think Dortmund and Istanbul are important highlights of that point.

Michael Shields is a difficult one, as he (in my opinion) is probably guilty, or at least is in association with who was, but was not related to our club in my eyes. The fact that he had been to the CL final in my view is irrelevant. The fella who came out with a confession over here, his mate, was an Evertonian. They were english w**kers, being w**kers, pissed, on holiday. Nothing to do with Football violence, just w**kers being w**kers.

Your speaking to the wrong fans if you want to speak about Heysel mate.

Many Chelsea will never forgive and certainly never forget the Liverpool board and sections of the Liverpool media for trying to pin the blame on Chelsea and Millwall fans.

How does your song go ? 'You aint go no history' ?

Well your club has and thank the lord ours isnt like yours.

Michael Shields is a difficult one, as he (in my opinion) is probably guilty, or at least is in association with who was, but was not related to our club in my eyes. The fact that he had been to the CL final in my view is irrelevant. The fella who came out with a confession over here, his mate, was an Evertonian. They were english w*****, being w*****, pissed, on holiday. Nothing to do with Football violence, just w***** being w*****.

not as simple as you would like to believe.Not related to your club?????

why was he there? perhaps to watch your club? or is the connection to obvious? Perhaps he was hoilday and without knowing, his favourite team happened to be in town and playing in a Champions League Final...what a stroke of luck.

do me a favour.

he is a supporter of your club, at a venue, city, wher your club were playing, how can that not be related?

anyway, it's all history now.

Michael Shields is a difficult one, as he (in my opinion) is probably guilty, or at least is in association with who was, but was not related to our club in my eyes. The fact that he had been to the CL final in my view is irrelevant. The fella who came out with a confession over here, his mate, was an Evertonian. They were english w*****, being w*****, pissed, on holiday. Nothing to do with Football violence, just w***** being w*****.

not as simple as you would like to believe.Not related to your club?????

why was he there? perhaps to watch your club? or is the connection to obvious? Perhaps he was hoilday and without knowing, his favourite team happened to be in town and playing in a Champions League Final...what a stroke of luck.

do me a favour.

he is a supporter of your club, at a venue, city, wher your club were playing, how can that not be related?

anyway, it's all history now.

i dont want to patronise you, but perhaps you should look at the facts before you posted. The fact that he is in a Bulgarian prison might be one fact worth looking into.

As for what our board said, i cannot comment. I will not argue against you, and i can't really say much more than i already have, but yes, it is in the past and should be remembered but not replayed daily.

I remember some posts about how it was going to be tasty in the service areas down the M4 - can't be arsed to go look for them though.

I don't think it would have been quite as peaceful; if the spuds had got there instead of L'Arse

Kev

Quoting myself here but Sunday evening might bear me out a tad!

Kev

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I can't let this one go. You (Rob) say you can't remember your lot causing trouble ? Ok, let's go back to the days before all seater stadiums. Back then, if you were in the Kop, the left side of Anfield was known as The Paddock. What happened was that young scallies, 10 - 12 year olds, used to act as spotters, picking out opposing fans on their own or in small groups. There'd be no trouble in the ground, but afterwards, little mobs of Scousers would jump these scattered away supporters. Thus the reputation of Liverpool fans back then was that if you were caught on your own, you'd not only get a good kicking, but you'd also get robbed - which could well include your clothes if you were daft enough to wear anything half way flash.

I haven't been for a while, mostly down to physical and financial ill health. I dare say things have changed a lot - in fact I know they have. You get people phoning 606 complaining of bad language for f%?&'s sakes - only the other day I heard some prawn sawndwich muncher stating that he thought that all that stuff (effin' and blindin') had been stamped out, and that his ears were burning, the poor delicate pillock. I've even heard of people being asked to keep the noise down. Anyway. let's not get self-righteous, ok? One of my personal hates is that "Same Old Chelsea, always cheating", Pompey Chimes chant. And I don't care if it's same old us, same old Mancs, same old Arse, same old Scouse or whoever, the hysterical self-rightousness of the thing makes me cringe.

Archived