Best football images

offside

8 hours ago, erskblue said:
Halifax Town v Bournemouth Aug 1976. The first game back in the 4th Div took place during the long warm summer of 1976, hence the ice cream van and fans lying on the grass bank. Photo by Keith Middleton.
Football Back Then on Twitter.

The summer of 1976. I remember it being very hot and there was a drought.

Substitute goalkeeper Billy Thomson hangs his head as Rangers suffer a heavy defeat to Juventus.
Billy Thomson who was and I think still is, the oldest player to make his first team debut for Rangers. 

His debut was against one of his former clubs Dundee Utd.

Debut Vs Dundee United on 01/04/1995 in Scottish League (A 2-0)
Age on Debut 37 Years and 50 Days

Edited by erskblue

14 hours ago, Boyne said:

A bit different. A few Rangers legends at the famous Mister Singh's India restaurant in Glasgow. A place I must visit when next in Glasgow.

May be an image of 9 people and text that says "derekjjohnstone Mister Singh's India …"

Willie Henderson, Colin Stein, Derek Johnstone, Peter McCloy,Willie Johnston, Derek Parlane, Alex McDonald. Kriss Boyd. I think.

44 minutes ago, erskblue said:
Halifax Town 1-0 Man City, 3rd Rd FA Cup 5th Jan 1980. Paul Hendrie's winning goal
 Photo courtesy Halifax Courier.

This ground was a right sh*t hole. From what I remember of it, there was a bus station/garage that overlooked it and it was possible to drop into the ground at one side. The embankment didn't have proper steps either.

28 minutes ago, charierre said:

This ground was a right sh*t hole. From what I remember of it, there was a bus station/garage that overlooked it and it was possible to drop into the ground at one side. The embankment didn't have proper steps either.

http://jimmysirrelslovechild.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/hills.png

parr-1.jpg

http://jimmysirrelslovechild.co.uk/home/memory-lane/yesterdays/the-shay

18 hours ago, erskblue said:

Willie Henderson, Colin Stein, Derek Johnstone, Peter McCloy,Willie Johnston, Derek Parlane, Alex McDonald. Kriss Boyd. I think.

@erskblue Correct with the names. Some great players there. Would be worth a few bob if playing today.

I'm sure that I read a while back that Mister Singh named a couple of his kids after Rangers players.

14 hours ago, Boyne said:

@erskblue Correct with the names. Some great players there. Would be worth a few bob if playing today.

I'm sure that I read a while back that Mister Singh named a couple of his kids after Rangers players.

Boyne: Cheers, agreed some great players there.