Best football images

offside
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, erskblue said:
Large

Colin Stein playing for Scotland. Not sure of the opposition.

V SCOTLAND .WEMBLEY - ENGLAND .Colin Stein goes for the rebound after a terrific stop from England keeper Peter Shilton

Colin Stein and Peter Shilton at Wembley in May 1973.

Top picture may be from when Scotland played Wales at Wrexham in 1973. Stein only played 21 games for Scotland which is not many for a player of his ability but saying that there was competition from the likes of Law, Lennox etc. Coming up to the 50th anniversary of Rangers winning the Cup Winners Cup in 1972. and Stein scored one of the goals in the 3-2 victory.

1 hour ago, Boyne said:

Top picture may be from when Scotland played Wales at Wrexham in 1973. Stein only played 21 games for Scotland which is not many for a player of his ability but saying that there was competition from the likes of Law, Lennox etc. Coming up to the 50th anniversary of Rangers winning the Cup Winners Cup in 1972. and Stein scored one of the goals in the 3-2 victory.

Good shout re Wales at Wrexham in 1973. Competition for the Scotland strikers positions back then also included in the early to mid 70s. Joe Jordan, Ted McDougall, Kenny Dalglish, a young Derek Parlane

I saw him in his second spell at Rangers and couldn’t understand why he was ‘phased out’ from the middle of the 1975/76 season.

My old man always maintained that was a season or even two seasons too early..

From Rangers 5-1 win over Celtic on 27 August 1988. The date is etched on the minds of Rangers fans.  One of the goals was scored by Wilkins. A brilliant strike from the edge of the penalty box. Still one of my favourite results in all my years of following football. Another such scoreline this Sunday would be nice!

May be an image of one or more people and text that says "of Scotland"

Just now, erskblue said:

Colin Stein scores in the cup winners cup final win in 1972. Rangers Football, Rangers Fc, Association Football, Camp Nou, Great Team, Chelsea Fc, Manchester United, Glasgow, Finals

Boyne: I’m sure you recognise this goal above!😀

Oh yes. Probably the greatest result in Rangers' history.  I know a guy who was at the game. He started watching Rangers matches in the early sixties.

1 hour ago, Boyne said:

From Rangers 5-1 win over Celtic on 27 August 1988. The date is etched on the minds of Rangers fans.  One of the goals was scored by Wilkins. A brilliant strike from the edge of the penalty box. Still one of my favourite results in all my years of following football. Another such scoreline this Sunday would be nice!

May be an image of one or more people and text that says "of Scotland"

Kevin Drinkell has just scored the fourth goal! He was a really good strike partner for Ally McCoist in 1988/89.

Drinkell admitted he should have stayed at Rangers and was too impatient after they signed Maurice Johnston in the summer of 1989. 

The Rangers goal was scored at about the hour mark and it really could have been seven or eight they scored that day. Celtic were out on their feet.

3 hours ago, erskblue said:

Kevin Drinkell has just scored the fourth goal! He was a really good strike partner for Ally McCoist in 1988/89.

Drinkell admitted he should have stayed at Rangers and was too impatient after they signed Maurice Johnston in the summer of 1989. 

The Rangers goal was scored at about the hour mark and it really could have been seven or eight they scored that day. Celtic were out on their feet.

Agree, Drinkell was a good strike partner for Ally. As you say, Rangers could have scored seven or eight that day. I love Ally's comments about the game. As he said the rest was a joy to behold.

4 hours ago, Boyne said:

Agree, Drinkell was a good strike partner for Ally. As you say, Rangers could have scored seven or eight that day. I love Ally's comments about the game. As he said the rest was a joy to behold.

Some game!

This put a massive marker down by Rangers and arguably Celtic never recovered from it that season. 

2 hours ago, erskblue said:

The late, great,Ray Wilkins looking well pleased.

April 1989. 2-1 Rangers at Parkhead. Chris Woods saving a penalty too,from memory!

Correct Chris Woods saved a penalty. Penalty was given after a handball by Gough. Thought the penalty was a bit harsh as the ball bounced up and hit his hand which was by his side. That was a fine Rangers side.

47 minutes ago, Boyne said:

Correct Chris Woods saved a penalty. Penalty was given after a handball by Gough. Thought the penalty was a bit harsh as the ball bounced up and hit his hand which was by his side. That was a fine Rangers side.

Celtic's Joe Miller sees his penalty saved by Chris Woods
Here you go. Great save! 😀

13 minutes ago, erskblue said:

Celtic's Joe Miller sees his penalty saved by Chris Woods
Here you go. Great save! 😀

Thank you. Woods was a fine goalkeeper. A shame he had to move on but with UEFA bringing in the three foreigner rule Walter Smith bought in Andy Goram. Another fine keeper. 

28 minutes ago, Boyne said:

Thank you. Woods was a fine goalkeeper. A shame he had to move on but with UEFA bringing in the three foreigner rule Walter Smith bought in Andy Goram. Another fine keeper. 

I openly admit Chris Woods is my favourite all time Rangers goalkeeper. He was such a presence in goal and had, as you right point out, very good players around him.

The defence of Chris Woods, Gary Stevens, Terry Butcher, Richard Gough and either John Brown or Stuart Munro was a formidable one.

9 minutes ago, erskblue said:

I openly admit Chris Woods is my favourite all time Rangers goalkeeper. He was such a presence in goal and had, as you right point out, very good players around him.

The defence of Chris Woods, Gary Stevens, Terry Butcher, Richard Gough and either John Brown or Stuart Munro was a formidable one.

Very true. A great defence. Munro was one of those players you could always rely on do a great job. Stevens was a tremendous right-back.