Rangers Match Thread 2017/18

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

On 4/14/2018 at 00:28, Boyne said:

Will settle for a scrappy 1-0 win on Sunday. Spoke to one of my cousins the other night and he is going to the game on Sunday. We had a chat about Ray Wilkins and that brilliant goal he scored in 1988.

Tom Forsyth celebrating after the winning goal in the 1973 Scottish Cup Final

Image result for tom forsyth rangers

Davie Hay the only Celtic player in view.

On 4/15/2018 at 19:20, The Brit said:

Bit of a flip of a coin what's been more depressing this season...rangers continuing to be second best to Celtic or chelsea's pathetic title defence...both teams are a long way short of where they need to be...pisses me off seeing that fraud Rodgers celebrate 

Wasn't able to watch Sunday's game but listened to first half on the radio. Sounded dire. Can't see Murty staying beyond the end of the season and it will be interesting to see who comes in. We now, also, have the spat between Murty and Rangers' two most experienced players, Miller and Wallace. With Rangers it seems one step forward and two steps back. Oh for a Jock Wallace type figure back at Ibrox.

On 04/03/2018 at 18:17, carrickblue said:

well, 3 games against Celtic before the season ends. surely we can win one of them!

last chance coming up. after the embarrassment of the Cup semi surely to goodness we will put in a bit of fight on Sunday  :kingbilly:

2 hours ago, carrickblue said:

last chance coming up. after the embarrassment of the Cup semi surely to goodness we will put in a bit of fight on Sunday  :kingbilly:

I hope they put up more of a fight. The thought of the Tarriers winning the league against the 'Gers is frightening. 

17 hours ago, carrickblue said:

if Steven Gerrard becomes the next Rangers manager I think that'll be me done... 

Seems strange that he is on the short-list. Rangers need a manager with experience at this time. Rumour has it that McGregor may go back to Ibrox. A good goalie but has suffered from injuries. In his mid-thirties so has a few years in him.

Here's to the 'Gers winning at the home of the dark side today. Have read that Celtic are seeking revenge for the 'Gers winning at their place in 1999. Strange as Celtic fans keep going on about the 'Gers being a new club so how can it be revenge? Found this photo on Facebook the other day. Some great players. Who would make the greatest ever Rangers 11. A midfield of Souness, Wilkins and Baxter would be impressive. But then there are players like McLean and MacDonald. My late Grand-father said that the greatest Rangers player he watched was David Meiklejohn but as with all teams it depends on your age and generation. 

50 Greatest Rangers.jpg

Murty resigns. The board will be panicking if they can't land Gerrard after all the talk. Never known any club to be in such disarray. Laughing stock hardly describes it.

Jimmy Nic and JJ until the end of the season. Guess it's 4th place then.

• 2 weeks later...

A crazy game at Easter Road. 3-0 down and then a great come-back to lead 5-3 before the game finished 5-5. Some poor defending. Great strike from Alves to make it 3-3. A shame that the sheep shaggers won against them so Rangers finished third. Scott Allan should have been sent off for the dreadful tackle on Rossiter. As for Chris Sutton, he really struggles to say something good about Rangers. But then he can't say anything good about Chelsea.

• 2 weeks later...

Rangers have had 40,000 season ticket renewals for next season: a record. Ibrox has a capacity of 50,000. As a consequence away fans will receive a smaller allocation of fans. The biggest impact will be when Celtic play at Ibrox. In the last few years, Celtic have had the whole of the Broomloan Stand i.e. 8,000. From next season they will receive only 800 tickets and will sit in the corner section between the Broomloan Stand and the Sandy Jardine Stand.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/season-tickets-a-thank-you/

On ?26?/?05?/?2018 at 01:22, Boyne said:

Rangers have had 40,000 season ticket renewals for next season: a record. Ibrox has a capacity of 50,000. As a consequence away fans will receive a smaller allocation of fans. The biggest impact will be when Celtic play at Ibrox. In the last few years, Celtic have had the whole of the Broomloan Stand i.e. 8,000. From next season they will receive only 800 tickets and will sit in the corner section between the Broomloan Stand and the Sandy Jardine Stand.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/season-tickets-a-thank-you/

Good news for Rangers yet having so few away fans, do you think that will that damage the atmosphere?

19 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Good news for Rangers yet having so few away fans, do you think that will that damage the atmosphere?

Some of the teams in the SPL only take a few hundred fans to Ibrox at the moment. It's only when the likes of Celtic and Aberdeen play there that the away fans are given more seats. Up until now Rangers fans who have ST in the Broomloan road have to sit elsewhere: their season tickets don't cover Old Firm games and are very angry about having to move. There will be an impact on the atmosphere but it will still be "spicy."