Keita Balde Diao

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

5 minutes ago, Barrettinator said:

What makes him better than Willian and/or Pedro?

There seems to be these bizarre fans who think anyone not at Chelsea us automatically better than those players at Chelsea, it's very odd.

Just now, dkw said:

There seems to be these bizarre fans who think anyone not at Chelsea us automatically better than those players at Chelsea, it's very odd.

It's puzzling to me. I've not watched him play live matches before, only seen those 12 min season reviews on YouTube so I won't really judge him much but nothing really screams out to me from what I saw. If we're not signing a player who's a clear and huge upgrade over Pedro/Willian then what's the point?

1 hour ago, Barrettinator said:

It's puzzling to me. I've not watched him play live matches before, only seen those 12 min season reviews on YouTube so I won't really judge him much but nothing really screams out to me from what I saw. If we're not signing a player who's a clear and huge upgrade over Pedro/Willian then what's the point?

To my mind he would give us cover for Hazard as well as an option up front if Batshuayi goes out on loan (which for me isn't inconceivable if we go into next season with Diego, Morata and Llorente)

By no means suggesting Keita would be an upgrade on Pedro/Willian, for me his best position is left inside forward.

Given Keita is out of contract next summer if we can sign him for a reasonable fee there's little downside risk - at best he may be the new Malouda, at worst another Kalou (a scenario we may need to consider if Hazard leaves for Real Madrid next summer).

Edited by the special one

keita has already an informal deal with Juve and he refused Milan because of it. Lazio is pushing him to go to some other team because Juve will not offer anywhere near their asking price and would actually be happy to wait for next year to get him on a free transfer. 

It is possible since it looks like we will get Bernardeschi and Costa that the option will not be used.

He is really really good and young, he needs to improve a lot tactically but he is quality and any deal up to 20 Million Euro would be a steal

29 minutes ago, B&Wlegends said:

keita has already an informal deal with Juve and he refused Milan because of it. Lazio is pushing him to go to some other team because Juve will not offer anywhere near their asking price and would actually be happy to wait for next year to get him on a free transfer. 

It is possible since it looks like we will get Bernardeschi and Costa that the option will not be used.

He is really really good and young, he needs to improve a lot tactically but he is quality and any deal up to 20 Million Euro would be a steal

What have you seen of his play that has you so convinced about him? What do you think he brings to the table? You've obviously watched him a lot more than most on here.

2 hours ago, Barrettinator said:

What have you seen of his play that has you so convinced about him? What do you think he brings to the table? You've obviously watched him a lot more than most on here.

He is a technical player with very good technique. He excels in open field on counters but also as second striker behind a more phisycal central forward. He has pace so can play also wider in a 433 or 4231 (that's where Juve would use him eventually) but still lacks tactical discipline when his team is not in possession. He is excellent at dribbling and can create superiority for his team, his numbers despite not playing a lot of games are quite good.

He is not a finished article but can become a great player and at that price the risk is low. I hope that Juve gets him, but if Costa and Berna are signed it is very possible we will loose him which is a shame.

Edited by B&Wlegends

Just now, B&Wlegends said:

He is a technical player with very good technique. He excels in open field on counters but also as second striker behind a more phisycal central forward. He has pace so can play also wider in a 433 or 4231 (that's where Juve would use him eventually) but still lacks tactical discipline when his team is not in possession. He is excellent at dribbling and can create superiority for his team, his number despite not playing a lot of games are quite good.

He is not a finished article but can become a great player and at that price the risk is low. I hope that Juve gets him, but if Costa and Berna are signed it is very possible we will loose him which is a shame.

Fair enough. You can't have it all haha. You still have Dybala, Mandzukic, Higuain and Schick and if you add Costa and Bernadeschi to that, you don't need Balde. 

36 minutes ago, Barrettinator said:

Fair enough. You can't have it all haha. You still have Dybala, Mandzukic, Higuain and Schick and if you add Costa and Bernadeschi to that, you don't need Balde. 

true but ideally signing him next year he would have another year under his belt and by then we will probably let somebody go as well. We also have Cuadrado and Pjaca actually, but we need 8 men there

1 hour ago, B&Wlegends said:

He is a technical player with very good technique. He excels in open field on counters but also as second striker behind a more phisycal central forward. He has pace so can play also wider in a 433 or 4231 (that's where Juve would use him eventually) but still lacks tactical discipline when his team is not in possession. He is excellent at dribbling and can create superiority for his team, his numbers despite not playing a lot of games are quite good.

Not sure if Keita is a player good enough for Juventus's disciplined approach.  From what I have seen from his play, he's inconsistent even during matches themselves.  He can run with and without the ball creating space for 10-15 minutes and then fade into obscurity for the rest of the game.  I think Douglas Costa would be a better fit for your club if it's a wide forward or winger that you seek.

23 minutes ago, lchk said:

Not sure if Keita is a player good enough for Juventus's disciplined approach.  From what I have seen from his play, he's inconsistent even during matches themselves.  He can run with and without the ball creating space for 10-15 minutes and then fade into obscurity for the rest of the game.  I think Douglas Costa would be a better fit for your club if it's a wide forward or winger that you seek.

It is true, but he is young and that is what he needs to improve on. It might well be that he will never improve but his value will hardly be lower than 20 millions anyway and if he does you get a great player.

Cuadrado had (and still has to some extents) similar problems but at least for defensive play he has improved massively. Unfortunately he still has often very poor decision making when going forward. Costa is also not always in the game for 90 minutes and although he is  better in wide position I think Keita has a better potential in long term

Edited by B&Wlegends