RIP Toots

F1905

4 hours ago, Londons Finest said:

Agreed SKA is the best music ever. Has great roots black or white. Rip.

Music taste/tastes > i started off with the sex pistols punk and basically closed my ears to most other types of music ,but likes of Abba and queen allways turned my head . I skirted with ska as in i liked it but did ever buy and vynils . I had a full Collection of all the sex pistols vynils and i started to go and watch chelsea during my last year at School . 

I was hooked onto CFC but with no sense of my dress Code tbh and chelsea was playing Oldham away div 2 and i did not have a pot to piss in and i was itching to go to that game since it was localish . A girl at School Anne webster Ask me if she could buy my sex pistols Collection > i sold my Collection for £25 and went to OAFC v CFC on that plastic pitch 1981 .

when CDs replaced vynils and i had cash on my hip aswell as my ears was more open to different music types my music tastes opened up.

the first hip hop > acid > jazz funk / acid jazz > Stone roses ( wish i did spike Island )  / new order / Manchester music bands > oasis was not my cup of tea Even thou they was good > . 

then i found myself purposely trying to open other music doors or letting out my likes of music that was allways inside me due to what my parents 45s Collection > Soul > rock n roll > carpenters . During my punk days i would never spend the time to listen to any type of black music ,maybe i was a music racist as i Even recall getting pissed off when TOTPs seemed to Get overrun with black acts in the mid 1970s . I spend more time today on Soul music that i recall hearing on the wireless when i was wet behind my ears and eyes / ears closed to other great music .

heavy rock music that really did piss me off  and in parts i will still switch it off today,but there more than enough heavy rock/ metal tracks now on my goto playlists .

The only type of music that i Get cant my head round now is rap > its pure sh*te and its nothing to do with it been big black culture ,its because of the message it sends out > guns,gangs, Street cred etc etc .

did i mention Northern Soul ,that is a great sound .

i dreed what my kids will turn their heads too as todays music is rotten to the core > but my old man said exactly the same when he played my > friggin in the riggen < that sent him up the wall > but i know iam correct about the music today which i hope my kids at least learn to fully understand music types from yesteryears .

Punk I was never hooked on Sham 69 would listen too. My elder brother was and still is massively into the Northern Soul Scene. The music was fantastic

60s early 70s Ska was always my thing though Disco, Funk i would also listen to and do my thing.

Guess it was part of the London  scene ( other than the Northern Soul) i loved it along with my beloved Chelsea.

1 hour ago, Londons Finest said:

Punk I was never hooked on Sham 69 would listen too. My elder brother was and still is massively into the Northern Soul Scene. The music was fantastic

60s early 70s Ska was always my thing though Disco, Funk i would also listen to and do my thing.

Guess it was part of the London  scene ( other than the Northern Soul) i loved it along with my beloved Chelsea.

Sham 69 this was the track that my eldest lad when he was 5 or 6 ,latched onto when i would allways play whatever dad music on the iPad every night before he went to sleep ,its on his playlist today at hus age of 13 .

This was the track that my lad latched onto when he was 5 or 6 as i would allways play one track of dad music video before he slept at night and its on his playlist today at 13 .