the fat lady .......

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Its all over. We blew it. At least the players tried it in the last minutes

blown what? that was an awesome display with 10 men...sure we may not be champions but we played like champions...we'll be back, don't be so quick to get depressed...be proud, chelsea showed what they are all about today...imagine how you'd feel if you're an arsenal fan...no silverware, didn't come close and outplayed by 10 men at home

Its all over. We blew it. At least the players tried it in the last minutes

blown what? that was an awesome display with 10 men...sure we may not be champions but we played like champions...we'll be back, don't be so quick to get depressed...be proud, chelsea showed what they are all about today...imagine how you'd feel if you're an arsenal fan...no silverware, didn't come close and outplayed by 10 men at home

I was feeling depressed before this game, but in that second half I saw all the old hunger and desire back again. We did play like champions, against one of the best teams in the league, with 10 men. I don't feel as bad as before conceding the title this way, I'm sure many other Chelsea fans would agree. Our supporters at the Emirates sure looked proud of the team after that game, and they should be

I am as gutted as anyone here right now, but by God, can we take an enormous amount of pride away from this game or what ? yes we have lost our title to United, but we fought them all the way for it this season, with the horrendous injury crisis we have had to endure, all the in house squabbling, every hack & media pundit slagging off our every move, trying desperately to knock the wheels off all season.

Well the players have battled for the club and Jose throughout all this garbage, and I think in the end only the stress of fighting on all fronts for the whole season is what beat us, yes there have been times this season when we have come on here( myself included ) moaning about tactics, various players not pulling their weight etc,etc, but nobody can criticise what we saw today, because today we saw why we love our club and we saw it in abundance, courage, fight, great character in the face of adversity and passion, all the things that we as supporters have, and what we want our players to have & show to have, well today they showed it, as they have done on many occasions this campaign.

We may have lost our title "champions" today but I think over the past 9 months we have acquired another title, that of "Hero's", at least in my book we have. Chelsea! I have loved you for 43 years now, man and boy, and will continue to do so as long as their is breath in my body, medals and trophies are trinkets & baubles, but pride!!...... now that really is something that no one can take away from us

" WE LOVE YOU CHELSEA WE DO"

I am as gutted as anyone here right now, but by God, can we take an enormous amount of pride away from this game or what ? yes we have lost our title to United, but we fought them all the way for it this season, with the horrendous injury crisis we have had to endure, all the in house squabbling, every hack & media pundit slagging off our every move, trying desperately to knock the wheels off all season.

Well the players have battled for the club and Jose throughout all this garbage, and I think in the end only the stress of fighting on all fronts for the whole season is what beat us, yes there have been times this season when we have come on here( myself included ) moaning about tactics, various players not pulling their weight etc,etc, but nobody can criticise what we saw today, because today we saw why we love our club and we saw it in abundance, courage, fight, great character in the face of adversity and passion, all the things that we as supporters have, and what we want our players to have & show to have, well today they showed it, as they have done on many occasions this campaign.

We may have lost our title "champions" today but I think over the past 9 months we have acquired another title, that of "Hero's", at least in my book we have. Chelsea! I have loved you for 43 years now, man and boy, and will continue to do so as long as their is breath in my body, medals and trophies are trinkets & baubles, but pride!!...... now that really is something that no one can take away from us

Fantastic post, Fan. I agree with you wholeheartedly. Chelsea will always be Chelsea long after Mourinho, Lampard and Terry have gone - just as it was always our Chels before they came. The stars that come and go play their part and we all love them, but I loved this club just as much when Clive Walker saved us from third division obscurity as I did when we won the title in 2005.

Considering our injuries, and the amount of key players that went missing, and players played out of position, I think we can hold our head high for what the Club achieved this season.

Just to sya it has been a great time this season, and as always with Chelsea, there is jubilation, and complete heartbreak.

I truly hope the club does not go mad in the off season, and that we keep Jose. Speaking to teh off season, here is to all the siliness that will undoubtably happen, and every "wonderkid" this side of guatamala will be linked with us,

Thanks again for the journey

Scott

Thats the spirit - top post!

No apologies here for repeating part of what I've already posted in another thread. Firstly, from Alex Ferguson

Credit to Chelsea, they pushed as all the way

And secondly from Arsene Wenger

I like Chelsea, they have a tremendous spirit

Both quotes were made shortly after yesterday's game. So yes, we can take tremendous pride in our achievements this season, as even our closest/biggest rivals have to admit.

First of all congratulations to United. Over the season they deserved to win. Sure you could say we were unfortunate with injuries but they had their fair share too. We paid the price for our new signings failing to settle in quickly (they still haven't really). Last year we might have got away with that but this season United played with renewed vigour and have to be recognised for their willingness to go for 2, 3, or more goals when 1-0 might have been enough. This tactic paid off as they were able to build a commanding goal difference lead over us that was worth an extra point and put more pressure on us as the fixtures ran out. I think it also created that fear in teams facing United which frequently resulted in heavy wins where we perhaps were hoping for dropped points from United.

Still you can't win it every year and after last season I think the Premier League and most fans needed a well contested fight for the title. OK we didn't win this time but it was a great battle and I'm sure we will be back next season to try and bring that trophy back to the Bridge.

Anyway thanks to our team yesterday for giving us renewed pride and optimism with such a terrific performance yesterday. It would have been easy to capitulate against Arsenal after a rough week and the exhausting recent schedule. But lets hope yesterday's fightback will prove to be the catalyst for a positive finish to the season culminating in FA Cup success for Chelsea.

Proud to be a Blue :)