Injuries for cup final ?

clubhappy

Any news on Robben , Carv , and now i hear Drogs has picked up an injury ??

Please give me some good news .

Yesterday Jose said (various sources) that Carv's has 1% chance of playing, Ballock 0% chance of playing, that Drogba has an ankle injury and may or may not be fit in time for the final.

Carvalho suffered (If I'm correct) some damage in the cruciate knee ligaments. Partial rupture I think ?

Usually takes up to 4 weeks at least to heal.

Ballack - as I posted on another thread - is believed to have a 50/50 chance of playing.

Robben is fit again, no ? (wich basically means he'll stumble on the steps to the pitch and be out for another 3 months)

Drogba will be fit for sure.

Theres a bit in the Mirror today that Carvalho is having round the clock treatment to be fit for the final. Would be a huge boost to have him and JT at the back and free Essien.

Guest Brian M
Theres a bit in the Mirror today that Carvalho is having round the clock treatment to be fit for the final. Would be a huge boost to have him and JT at the back and free Essien.

I agree. Especially given the fact that everybody expects him not to be there. Same goes for GN for Manure.

Mikel misses the final.

"Chelsea have a number of other injury concerns ahead of the Wembley showpiece and Mourinho has claimed he may only have 15 players at his disposal."

Hmm... icon_confused.gif

He also says the following in another article:

"And after losing Mikel we have 15 players for Wembley, so maybe I will have two goalkeepers on the bench and Hilario is not a bad midfield player, so maybe he will give me a hand."

I don't see how it would possibly be come to it that we'd have to play Hilario in midfield. As far as I know, these should be fit to play:

Cech, Cudicini, Hilario, Ashley Cole, Bridge, Terry, Essien, Ferreira, Geremi, Diarra, Makelele, Lampard, Joe Cole, SWP, Kalou, Drogba

We can't afford any more injuries, but that's 16 players and I haven't even counted the youngsters such as Sahar.

It did not look good when he went off. He was helped off the pitch with the aid of two of the medical staff.

Dear God I hope he is fit to play and that Jose is playing up the damage to keep SlurAlix guessing.

No Mikel would be a massive loss.

another player injured! it's pi**ed me off last few days how people have dismissed our injuries this season in terms of the title race...everyone gets injuries they say, it evens itself out...bollox...united had about five and none were long-term, they were three weeks-six weeks...we've basically had every player injured in the squad this season ranging from one week to seven months out...terrible bad luck

From the official Chelsea site:

Petr Cech Fit.

Ashley Cole He hasn't played since the second leg of the Champions League semi-final on 1 May, nearly two weeks ago. Mourinho added after his comments above on no-one recovering: 'Maybe Ash. If Ashley is ready we have 15 players for the Final.' So he is counting on him.

Claude Makelele Fit. Yesterday he was rested and protected.

Michael Essien Fit. Yesterday he was rested and protected.

Ricardo Carvalho He hasn't played since the home game with Bolton on 28 April when he damaged knee ligaments. He was limping badly on the Lap of Appreciation.

Andriy Shevchenko He hasn't played since the home game with Bolton on 28 April. On 5 May he had a groin operation.

Frank Lampard Fit.

Khalid Boulahrouz Fit.

Joe Cole Fit.

Didier Drogba Fit.

John Mikel Obi He pulled up yesterday with what looked a hamstring injury with 15 minutes to go and was helped away. On the Lap of Appreciation he, along with Carvalho and Ballack, was noticeably limping. Mourinho lamented afterwards: 'I think he's out of the week, he's out of the game.'

Michael Ballack He hasn't played since being helped away in the first-half of the away game at Newcastle on 22 April. He had an ankle operation on 27 April.

G?r?mi He was unable to train on Saturday after pulling up with a muscle injury.

Arjen Robben He was playing regularly up to the FA Cup win at Tottenham on 19 March, but after two subsequent international games required knee surgery which was carried out on 30 March. He rushed back early to come off the bench for 25 minutes of the second leg of the Champions League semi-final on 1 May but has not been able to play since.

Wayne Bridge Fit.

Lassana Diarra Played last Wednesday against Manchester United but has not been able to train since Friday.

Paulo Ferreira Fit.

Salomon Kalou Fit.

Magnus Hedman He has yet to play for Chelsea and will be retiring again in summer.

Carlo Cudicini Fit.

Shaun Wright-Phillips Fit.

John Terry Fit.

Nuno Morais Fit.

Hil?rio Fit.

So that is 16 fit including Morais who has not started a game this season and three goalkeepers.

Mourinho suggested: 'I have to choose I believe Hil?rio because he's not bad playing forward, or I bring one of the kids to make 16.'

Some questions...why is he not mentioning Sahar at all? Why is it not mentioned that Boula shouldn't be able to play because of the red card he got? Why do we have so many injuries? icon_confused.gif

Hmm, you obviously haven't been watching Boularouz play then.

He was poor against Everton and I think that the reason Essien wasn't involved is because Carvalho is not going to be fit and Jose didn't want to risk anything happening to him before next weekend as he will need him to play at centre half.

Man Utd fan in peace. You seem to have a similar situation with Robben as we do with Saha. Both excellent players when fully fit but a tendancy to get injured a lot and maybe not be willing to play through pain.

On the subject of injuries winning/losing you the league. You were unlucky losing Terry and Cech at the same time this season but United have also had their whole defence desimated for a significant period in the latter end of the season. The difference was that we had replacements/squad players like O'Shea, Brown who could come in and do the job while you were lacking in that area. Boula hasn't quite been the player you hoped for and its widely acknowledged that Mourinho should have brought in a spare CB during the summer.

If presuming the worst and all the 50/50's don't make it, what do you think your line up for the final would be?

If all the 50/50 chances don't make it, then the team will pretty much pick itself:

..........................Cech...........................

Ferreira.......Essien.....Terry..............Cole

..........................Maka...........................

................Lamps..........Cole..................

.......SWP...........Drogs..........Kalou.........

Well, those players anyway. Not sure exactly where Jose will end up playing them - SWP has ended up in central midfield a few times that I can remember.

If Carvalho is not fit, I think Jose has a lot more faith in Essien at centre-back than Boularouhz. Possibly Diarra might get a start in the middle (with one of J Cole, SWP or Kalou missing out) if Jose wants to keep things a bit tighter.

Not a bad lineup all things considering - but will leave us with very little on the bench if we go behind and need a goal.

However, i'm pretty sure that at least a few of the "no chance of playing" players will probably end up playing if Mourinho's track record is anything to go by.

* U P D A T E *

Aparently:

"Ashley Cole, the Chelsea left-back, will have an anti-inflammatory injection in his troublesome ankle before Saturday's FA Cup final"

FIT

"Michael Ballack had a similar problem to Cole, but elected to have an operation back in Germany. Although this was successful, the stitches have not healed sufficiently to withstand full-on contact and Ballack is unavailable for Wembley."

NOT FIT

"Robben should be in. Chelsea have been cautious with the Dutch winger recently, keeping him out of harm's way to ensure he can face United "

FIT (?)

"John Obi Mikel is considered doubtful after damaging a hamstring. "We will see but I think he is out,'' added Mourinho."

DOUBTFUL, Probably NOTFIT

With all this injuries and limitations, I can honestly visualize a 433 on the making:

.........................................Cech.......................................

Ferreira.........Boulharouz........Terry..........Cole/Bridge

.....................................Makelele...................................

....................Essien.........................Lampard.................

....Joe Cole.........................................Robben/Kalou....

.....................................Drogba.....................................

I hate to harp on about media bias, because it's too obvious for words. However, just one more example this morning. TalkSport's Sports Update:

Another injury blow for Manchester United. Following the news that Gary Neville will not be fit to play, it has just been announced that Louis Saha is also injured. Chelsea have injuries too.

Poor old Mancs, eh. Gary Neville and Saha. Makes your f**king heart bleed don't it.

Archived