Should We Sell Robben if the Price is Right?

Guest Brian M

Should We Sell Robben if the Price is Right?  

42 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes - he's had one good season and since then he's always injured! Besides which, we have Malouda now.
    • No - we need all the creative players we can get!
    • Unsure / Don't care either way

Looks like the majority are in favour of...

rs60jb.jpg

Looks as if he is diving even in that picture. icon_rolleyes.gif

God that pic makes me laugh so much!

He would have been so good as an actor in those old war movies, diving for cover under enemy (Calderon) fire!

I think we need to save Robben, selling one of our most creative (albeit cronically injury prone) players a week before we start the battle in earnest does not send out the greatest message to everyone about our intentions for the coming season I would suggest.

Guest Brian M
BB, You made 1203 excellent posts, but your 1204th was awful icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Yeah, that dreaded 1204th post is a tough one to get right, it's true. It's the CSR equivalent of the 2nd album, and a notorious banana skin for all concerned!

I think only Butch, Dorset and the late great Blakie have managed to pass that number unscathed! icon_wink.gif

Get rid of him - he's just a f*ckin' big nancy boy!

And while we're at it, we could also offload Ferreira, Cashley, Lampard & Glen - worked for me in FM2007 icon_lol.gif

BB, You made 1203 excellent posts, but your 1204th was awful icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

icon_lol.gif

You're right of course. I'd been dreading the big 1204 for ages, and panicked at the last moment icon_wink.gif

I had to go with the get rid of Robben vote.

I realy don't think he is strong enough for the EPl, any slight knock and he's out for a few weeks (if we're lucky).

Even though the undoubted talent he has would be hard to replace (when he does play that is), i think

that anything over ?23mil we should take and look elsewhere.

with robben's dad so blatant in his attempts to get his son to madrid, I think it's a matter of when not if...i'm glad chelsea are finally digging their heels in and seemingly treating madrid like clubs have treated us when it comes to selling players...if we get the ?25m+ that is being talked about in spain then we have doubled our money (which can be invested in alves) on a player who has the ability for sure, but has spent half his time at the club injured. Good business if you ask me

Apparantly he?s spoken out to the Madrid fans saying be patient, he wants everything sorted soon etc etc..

If thats true, sod him, cart him off. Great player when he wanted to be, but get him off now so we?ve got time to sign another left winger.

If so he really can f*ck right off to the Madrid circus.

Robben out, Alves in.

That leaves us with Malouda and Joey on the left, SWP and Alves on the right, which is a more belanced squad anyway.

Links on the SkySports website... and the Sun.. which could be more significant that its total bullsh*t.

Should never have gotton rid of Duffa. I know he had his injury hang ups, but he?d never talk trash to the media like that. Dedicated to Chelsea till the end, great guy.

Totally fed up with Robben, he only plays when he feels like it, any strong tackle and he starts limping, feigning injury.

We would be better off if he does goes to madrid.

As previous posts have said Duff was a good loyal player, and did not resort to the antic of robben.

I will send the packing crate to pack Robben in and ship him off.

Archived