Valencia Away - Match Preview

ethicalstrategy

No thread for this yet - everyone too depressed?

I can't say I am really looking forward to it - not with the tactial genius and motivational powers of Mr Grant at the helm. I guess any sort of result would be good in circumstances.

Team: (My guess not my choice)

Cech

Ferreira, Alex, Ben Haim, Cole

Cole, Sidwell, Makelele, Kalou

Drogba, Sheva

i expect Paulo to play as a more defensive full back. The rest of the back four pretty much picks itself. As does the midfield - just depends on Essien's fitness and I suppose Mikel is available. It will be interesting to see if we persist with the 4-2-3-1 formation or not.

One benefit of all this upheaval is that my nerves aren't being shot to pieces whenever we have a match!

This will be a real test for the team and Grant. We need to show that we can still get decent results against top quality opposition. After drawing with Rosenborg we really cannot afford to lose this one. A draw would be a decent result though.

After Saturday I'm not full of confidence but I'm hoping to be surprised in a good way.

This will be a real test for the team and Grant. We need to show that we can still get decent results against top quality opposition. After drawing with Rosenborg we really cannot afford to lose this one. A draw would be a decent result though.

After Saturday I'm not full of confidence but I'm hoping to be surprised in a good way.

Same here, a draw would be a good result in our current state, a win would be fantastic - that was one of our greatest performances under Jose in the CL.

If Grant could repeat that scoreline I would be thrilled.

A this point would be the best possible thing for this game, a win even better but probally won't happen.

Cech

belleti Terry Carvahlo(if not out) A Cole

Malouda Essien Lampard(if not out) J Cole

Drogba Shevstanko icon_lol.gif

i'd go with that. Hopefully Terry's cleared to play with the face mask, if not...ben haim for terry?

GO ROMA Colorz_Blue_PDT_01.gif

Nice pictures guys, but to be serious for a moment....

If we play in the disorganised, haphazard manner we did on Saturday, we'll get turned over big-time. Teams like Valencia are based on good organisation in defence and midfield and a touch of flair up front. We (conversely) are all over the shop!

The only way we are coming away with anything is if Drogba puts in one of those stunning one-man shows he digs out two or three times a season.

We live in hope.

Nice pictures guys, but to be serious for a moment....

If we play in the disorganised, haphazard manner we did on Saturday, we'll get turned over big-time. Teams like Valencia are based on good organisation in defence and midfield and a touch of flair up front. We (conversely) are all over the shop!

The only way we are coming away with anything is if Drogba puts in one of those stunning one-man shows he digs out two or three times a season.

We live in hope.

which should earn us a draw

Archived