Mr. Piz

Guest Brian M

Guest Brian M

Lazio move for Chelsea striker Pizarro

Lazio are chasing Chelsea striker Claudio Pizarro.

Il Messaggero says Lazio have sounded out Chelsea about a January deal for the Peru international as they seek new firepower to boost their battle against the drop.

Please, please, please let this be true. Pizarro has been shocking. I do not want to see him wearing a Chelsea shirt ever again (at least Chris Sutton could hold up play and bring others in to the game). I feel the same about Sidwell and remain convinced that these signing were Jose's "f**k you" to RA: "You give me no money to sign players...? Okay....this what you get for free!".

With his style of play as witnessed this season the Hackney Marshes would be too high a standard

It's not about standard of play but differences in football cultures. The style of football they play in Italy is more tactical and is not being played at such breakneck pace as it is in England. Which is quite probably why Veron never quite made it in England.

That is as may be but your still need to show that you can master the basics... first touch, awareness, guile, pace, positioning, bringing others into the game and finishing. He has shown none of the above in a Chelsea shirt.

Maybe it's also about confidence as well. Like Diego Forlan who most of the time looked like a donkey at ManU but you wouldn't believe it was the same player when you saw him play for his country and once he moved to Spain, the difference was for all to see. Ok, he hasn't been hitting the heights of his debut season at Villarreal, but he's been scoring somewhat regularily.

Who knows...maybe a move to Italy is just what Pizarro needs.

Archived