Robben's 'goal' v Getafe

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Guest Brian M

What the hell happened? Didn't Robben score? Hard to make sense of it.

Edit to add: ah, Robben off-side. Here's a better view with the added bonus of a commentator on speed.

We watched the whole game in a pub trying to drown our sorrows following the cup final defeat.

Quite cheered me up to see how poor Robben was. He was rubbish and Madrid lost!!

That against the same team that Messi scored a wonder goal where he beat half the oppostion on his own.

What the hell happened? Didn't Robben score? Hard to make sense of it.

Edit to add: ah, Robben off-side. Here's a better view with the added bonus of a commentator on speed.

hahahahaaa... the commentator is best in this. After Robben scores he goes "gol gol gol gol gol gol gol!!!" and seconds after that same thing in the other end. icon_lol.gif gol gol gol gol gol icon_lol.gif

Speaking of Robben. Apparently he's injured again. Out for about a month. It's his fourth injury since joining Real Madrid in the summer of 07 icon_rolleyes.gif

I only saw it once and quickly at that, and I cannot understand how Robben was offsides. It looks like there are 4 Getafe players between him and the goal. Did I miss something?

Robben wasn't offside but the player who played the ball before him was.

was it Makoena who did it to him back then?

Might have been.

There again he could equally have been hit by a feather and suffered the same consequences.

was it Makoena who did it to him back then?

Might have been.

There again he could equally have been hit by a feather and suffered the same consequences.

That's harsh Nibs. Makoena "the axe" nearly took his leg off at the ankle. I can guarantee you he wasn't making it up!

The tackle that did for him on saturday was also very nasty.

The fact that he gets injured so much must be more than coincidence. I am guessing it is down to him being very quick and defenders catching late as a consequence.

Personally, I feel sorry for him. He has the potential to be one of the world's great footballers if he can stay fit.

He has the potential to be one of the world's great footballers if he can stay fit.

Never in a million years. Not even if he was fit 100% of the time which ain't ever gonna be the case.

To be a great footballer, you have to have a lot more about you than just pace and a bit of ability. Two feet would be a good start. The ability to head a ball. Plenty of Bottle & an appetite for big matches where there is loads of pressure to perform.

Robben has none of the above.