Ancellotti

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Ok, just watched the Arsenal game against AC Milan. Exciting enough last ten minutes.

Anyway, my question is (although it is a two part question), so I should say my questions are: 1) how long until the press link him to Grant's position here at Chelsea. 2) If there were to be any truth in the matter, and he was interested, would you take him?

Personally, I don't know much about AC Milan's board and the owner's mingling in team affairs; however, I feel that he certainly can deal with lots of Egos in the dressing room (certainly big name players all in one squad). And he is a proven winner. I think that when Jose "left" we took Grant mainly because he was in the right place at the right time, and there were lack of top manager options.

However, on the flip side, I wouldn't really see our style becoming much more attacking, or visually appealing under Ancellotti, so would Roman put up with that, and give him the time to prove he can win? Also, as I stated, I know he can deal with big names, but can he deal with Egos and an overly involved owner?

Thoughts

Scott

I don't like a manager who allows his entire squad to age as much as that without having the foresight to plan ahead for the next generation so on those grounds I wouldn't want him. He wouldn't suit a lot of the current crop of Chelsea fans anyway as he is a manager who likes to build squads over time whereas we now have too many fans who expect instant trophies or a new manager.

Weren't Milan awful tonight - Pirlo had the sort of game which will have just mocking italian football for a season!! As for Fabregas, well we may think Mikel has a lot of potential but he isn't a patch on Fabregas.

I thought about putting it down that he let his squad age beyond the point of realistically competing on all levels. However, is it possible that we, as a Club, and with the likes of Arnesen, Cate, and whoever else that we would be able to constantly have a stock of great young players in which to work with? Or, are you of the opinnion that he remains comfortable with who he's got, and will ride that team out till it's last gasp?

Scott

I don't know a massive amount about him in terms of whether he is a manager in the Jose style who doesn't like interference or whether he is happy to let other people perform the sort of roles you are talking about. He took a bit of abuse from Berlusconi fairly early doors in his Milan career for playing what Berlusconi considered to be very unattractive football and if I am not mistaken he buckled pretty easily and changed his style of play (I could be wrong though, Pauly may be able to tell you better) however in fairness to him that change resulted in the Pirlo you see today (OK not today as he was crap but in general) as he was a striker originally.

Weren't Milan awful tonight - Pirlo had the sort of game which will have just mocking italian football for a season!! As for Fabregas, well we may think Mikel has a lot of potential but he isn't a patch on Fabregas.

I think Milan were only as good as Le Arse let them be. They were a different class to AC tonight. Totally dominated the game.

Fair play to them.

Very true Just. Arsenal's passing game was spot on tonight and Milan, especially in the first half, resorted to hoofing it to an out of sorts Inzaghi. Second half there were times when Milan looked a bit more prepared to tough it out but it was only ever in small patches. With the exception of maybe Eboue I thought Arsenal were superb whereas for Milan maybe only Ambrosini and occasionally Kaka were anything better than poor.

It is always the same though with Arsenal. If you get in amongst them then you have a good chance against them. If you sit off like milan did then they will run rings around you.

Even though they dominated it took a howler from their keeper for Arsenal to actually score.

Arsenal thoroughly deserved to win though. They were much better than Milan.

He wouldn't suit a lot of the current crop of Chelsea fans anyway as he is a manager who likes to build squads over time whereas we now have too many fans who expect instant trophies or a new manager.

Why would we need to build a new squad? Don't we have one of the best and deepest squads in Europe already?

I think we need

1. Better quality on the wing (as already mentioned)

2. Less of a focus on central midfielders who are workhorses before being creative

and I would have said we need better quality up front but signing Anelka has been a step in the right direction.

From what I have seen of Ancelotti's Milan over the past couple of years (admittedly mostly Champion's League stuff), he doesn't really play with wingers anyway.

Diamond midifeld with Kaka at the tip, Pirlo at the base and two workhorses between them. Width prodived by overlapping fullbacks.

From what I have seen of Ancelotti's Milan over the past couple of years (admittedly mostly Champion's League stuff), he doesn't really play with wingers anyway.

Diamond midifeld with Kaka at the tip, Pirlo at the base and two workhorses between them. Width prodived by overlapping fullbacks.

Yes, and given the type of players he'd have to work with at Chelsea he'd probably do well.

Big no to Ancellotti.

Milan were pants in both legs against Arsenal. They made the Gooners look better than they are and have the media creaming about them again.

If Chelsea put in a performance like Milan did last night we'd have the usual culprits screeming for Gran't head today.

Big no to Ancellotti.

Milan were pants in both legs against Arsenal. They made the Gooners look better than they are and have the media creaming about them again.

If Chelsea put in a performance like Milan did last night we'd have the usual culprits screeming for Gran't head today.

I'm screaming for Grant's head after the performance Milan put in last night!

Big no to Ancellotti.

He's won how many champions league titles and domestic titles with Milan and your judging him on 2 games?.

Unbeleivable...