New Manager Happiness %

Jimboola69

Okay so we know the runners and riders.

But how happy would each possible new Chelsea Manager make you, as a percentage? I have only listed the accepted possibles from the bookies.

Me first...

M.Hughes - 100%

C.Ancellotti - 90%

F.Rijkaard - 70%

P.Scolari - 40%

G.Hiddink - 45%

S.G.Eriksson - 03%

D.Deschamps - 07%

What about you?

Okay so we know the runners and riders.

M.Hughes - 100%

C.Ancellotti - 70%

F.Rijkaard - 0%

P.Scolari - 0%

G.Hiddink - 75%

S.G.Eriksson - 50%

D.Deschamps - 0%

What about you?

I'm surprised at how low people rate Rijkaard. I do remember the spitting accident and the whole Frisk saga but he did win two La Liga titles and the CL and his Barcelona of the two-three years ago played some of the best football i've seen in my life.

What do these numbers mean? 20% happy? What is that?

Let's just say I'd be ecstatic to have Jose Mourinho re-sign with us.

I'd settle for one of Frank Rijkaard, Guus Hiddink or Mark Hughes.

Carlo Ancellotti would not disappoint me.

I'd be a little skeptical of Scolari or Ericksson, though I'd be optimistic that they would be able to do something positive.

I've be disappointed with either Mancini or Deschamps.

I'd also like to say that the elder statesmen (Hiddink, Scolari and Ericksson) don't strike me as long-term appointments. I'm not sure how long they would be with us. I would really like us to look for a long-term appointment. I know nothing is certain in football, but I'd really hope we are looking to build on Jose's work and think long-term (I'm thinking 5-10 years, as unlikely as it is).

Cheers,

Butch

I'm surprised at how low people rate Rijkaard. I do remember the spitting accident and the whole Frisk saga but he did win two La Liga titles and the CL and his Barcelona of the two-three years ago played some of the best football i've seen in my life.

Well I can only speak for myself, Abram, but in a game where money is ruling all and principles are fast going out of the window, I'd like to think that someone should have some principles. I can never forgive him for the Frisk thing, and he walked away scot-free when Jose and us took all the flak. That really really got to me, the sheer injustice of it all.

Weighed against this, of course, is the glorious football his side played. I just have to ask myself whether that is enough for me to jettison my principles, and I don't think it is. I really don't want him here. It's a personal thing, and many won't agree with me, but I can't help how I feel about it. I can get over most things and will forgive and forget, but not with this. I realise it's my problem.

The thing with Frisk really, for me, is an issue with Frisk. If he allowed Rijkaard to (a) speak to him when he shouldn't have done, and in so doing (2) influence him, then he really deserved to be pushed out of refereeing because integrity really is the name of the game in this job.

Though of course in a them against us kind of viewpoint, Rijkaard as the opposing manager probably stepped on some nerves, but in actual fact, all managers try to garner their clubs the advantage. I believe Fergie's been doing it for eons.

I'm not so sure I hold it against Rijkaard. I am certain a LOT of opposing fans absolutely loathed Jose Mourinho, and probably still do. BUT, can you say with any certainty that any of them wouldn't want him managing their club, except for a very few clubs who don't need a new manager.

I really don't want all this chopping and changing to go for nought here. If what we want is beautiful football, as we've been led to believe, then we should go for someone who has delivered that, along with some measure of success.

As for Hughes, I haven't been at all impressed with the way Blackburn have played, but he does have the playing pedigree, is a Chelsea boy, and has "done well" on limited funds (thus has the potential to do very well with unlimited funds). I was going to say he was a striker so probably has an attacking philosophy but I am brought back to my thoughts of Blackburn's style of play and it packs more of the fighting spirit than the beautiful aspect to it, which is why I say I rate Rijkaard higher.

Cheers,

Butch

I was going to say he was a striker so probably has an attacking philosophy but I am brought back to my thoughts of Blackburn's style of play and it lacks more of the fighting spirit than the beautiful aspect to it, which is why I say I rate Rijkaard higher.

Yes but Rijkaard had £££ Sparky hasnt. So I would be more liking Sparky !

Me not wanting Rijkaard as the new manager actually has little to do with any dislike of the guy and much more to do with the fact that I just don't really rate the guy as a manager.

Though his reasonably solid, he tends to stick rigidly to one set of tactics and isn't very adventurous or brave tactically (dispite the fact he plays attacking football). Jose Mourinho for all the critisism he got for being a defensively minded manager was never a shrinking violet when it came to changing things which weren't working.

I put Rijkaard in the catagory of decent when it comes to managers and I just think after sacking Grant (another decent manager with a good record) we should be aiming for more than decent.

Me not wanting Rijkaard as the new manager actually has little to do with any dislike of the guy and much more to do with the fact that I just don't really rate the guy as a manager.

Though his reasonably solid, he tends to stick rigidly to one set of tactics and isn't very adventurous or brave tactically (dispite the fact he plays attacking football). Jose Mourinho for all the critisism he got for being a defensively minded manager was never a shrinking violet when it came to changing things which weren't working.

I put Rijkaard in the catagory of decent when it comes to managers and I just think after sacking Grant (another decent manager with a good record) we should be aiming for more than decent.

well said!

Archived