Eye soap at the ready people

Hey, I've seen our kits for next season so I don't think we should be laughing all that much. <_<

Especially after out Tangerine and grey one.

Copied from another thread:

The fans are in up-roar apparently.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/N..._The_Worst_Ever

Is there anything in Newcastle the fans like about the club??? I suppose there'll be a journalist outside the ground later commenting on protests, or filming season tickets getting thrown into the Tyne. It's becoming a weekly occourance, the supporters need to understand their unrealistic ambitions have caused alot of their current predicament.

I've only seen our new home one and I quite like it, I certainly prefer it to last seasons one.

Whoa! Someone actually likes the Robocop design? <_<

Not that it matters as long as it's blue, but I liked the last kit more. It had a bit of a retro feel and even the collar wasn't too bad compared to the cycling shirt zipper we have now.

I've heard they're also going to change their sponsor to Tampax. A spokesman for Tampax said "to sponsor a bunch of c**ts going through a bad period is exactly what our company is all about"

:rofl::laugh2::laugh2:

When I first saw this, I didnt actually think it was that bad. Then i realized 11 grown men will be taking to the field in these things, and the tears started to come.

Its probably the strongest reaction ive ever seen against a bad kit. I wouldnt be surprised if it was pulled in a couple of weeks

I've heard they're also going to change their sponsor to Tampax. A spokesman for Tampax said "to sponsor a bunch of c**ts going through a bad period is exactly what our company is all about"

you have outdone yourself this time, sir :rolleyes:

Also, stuff like this makes me wonder: How do major sport companies come up with these designs?

Do they not have market research that tells them this is a horrible kit?

Do they not have test audiences to tell them no?

Becuase it would seem to me that when a kit is so widely loathed, someone has screwed up badly. And for something like that I have to blame Adidas themselves. If you are a company worth untold billions and this is how ponderously you blunder into kit making, you deserve the flak.

The same thing goes for our kit. Most people dont like it. Most people will tell you it looks like a rugby kit. Yet they went ahead with it anyway. Its either gotta be arrogance or willful ignorance. Either way, Adidas has slipped in their branding, bigtime. Nike and Umbro are making, hands down, the best kits around, these days. And of course, umbro is frigging nike now

Edited by TheWestwayWonder

Also, stuff like this makes me wonder: How do major sport companies come up with these designs?

Do they not have market research that tells them this is a horrible kit?

Do they not have test audiences to tell them no?

Becuase it would seem to me that when a kit is so widely loathed, someone has screwed up badly. And for something like that I have to blame Adidas themselves. If you are a company worth untold billions and this is how ponderously you blunder into kit making, you deserve the flak.

The same thing goes for our kit. Most people dont like it. Most people will tell you it looks like a rugby kit. Yet they went ahead with it anyway. Its either gotta be arrogance or willful ignorance. Either way, Adidas has slipped in their branding, bigtime. Nike and Umbro are making, hands down, the best kits around, these days. And of course, umbro is frigging nike now

With regards to our kit, I expect there was talk of it being the height of new kit technology and that it will increase the players performance by X%, that would have sold it to the club regardless of what it looked like.

Also wasn't there a rule brought in that kits had to remain the same for two seasons, or does that only apply to national teams?

Edited by sweet waffle

Also wasn't there a rule brought in that kits had to remain the same for two seasons, or does that only apply to national teams?

If there isnt, there frigging well should be. Its becoming a joke now, clubs releasing a new kit every year.

I am just now buying the ones from this year because they have dropped to $25 in price online. Add in printing and its still about $40. If it wasnt on sale, it would be over twice that price.

Worse yet, I thought all three of our kits from this season were great. The home kit grew on me with its collar, but the black kit and the yellow kit were fantastic. And now theyre out already

What a wonderful link, thanks Andy! I've had a ball combing through practically the entire site :notworkingsf: :Whistle:

There is a Daily Mash appreciation society going on in these forums, I can't take the credit for starting.. I learned about the site from here and check it out daily. :D