Champions League Draw

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Would it? Why's that then?

Personally I'd prefer a trip to Lyon, Madrid, Cyprus, maybe even Hungary ahead of Glasgow ffs.

FFS maybe he doesnt want to travel far, or cant afford it, much the same as myself, bring on the Gers !

Guest bigjockknew

Love to see us get Rangers, be more than a bit torn though. It would be a fantastic atmosphere at both games and 6 points to Chelsea. Rangers are in pot 2 so I don't think they can get us. Realistically Rangers are in it for the ride so to get Chelsea would be great for the fans, and whats wrong with Glasgow anyway - city of culchur n that

I would like to draw Rangers but not for the reaosns that some do. I would liem it for two reasons.

1. I can get to Ibrox in about 90 minutes

2. We will cuff them home and away - if they are pot 2 then I can't think there will be many easier pot 2 teams to draw. I see highlights of the Scottish league every week (and often live matches if I go to my brothers) and the only thing we would have to fear about going to Ibrox is where to find a decent pint in Govan!

I would like to draw Rangers but not for the reaosns that some do. I would liem it for two reasons.

2. We will cuff them home and away - if they are pot 2 then I can't think there will be many easier pot 2 teams to draw. I see highlights of the Scottish league every week (and often live matches if I go to my brothers) and the only thing we would have to fear about going to Ibrox is where to find a decent pint in Govan!

Now they ARE valid reasons.

Unfortunately I'm not so close so 1. wouldn't apply, but reason 2. I would agree with, including where the hell would you get a decent pint.

But in pot 3 with Rangers are Atletico Madrid, Bordeaux, Marseille, all of which are far preferable as far as I'm concerned.

Aargh so they are pot 3 (I thought pot 2 seemed ridiculous). I had a, admittedly quick, hunt around and couldn't find a definitive list of the teams in each pot. Anyone have a source for that?

Pot 1

Barcelona

Chelsea

Liverpool

Manchester United

Milan

Arsenal

Sevilla

Bayern Munich

Pot 2

Lyon

Internazionale

Real Madrid

CSKA Moscow

Porto

AZ

Juventus

Rangers

Pot 3

Olympiacos

Marseille

Dynamo Kyiv

Stuttgart

Fiorentina

Atlético Madrid

Bordeaux

BeÅŸiktaÅŸ

Pot 4

Wolfsburg

Standard Liège

Maccabi Haifa2

Zürich

Rubin Kazan

Unirea Urziceni3

APOEL

Debrecen4

What do you all view as the best/worst possible draw?

My best: Rangers, Olympiacos, APOEL

My worst: Inter, Athletico, Wolfsburg

Edited by MHedges

Would be a dream to get rangers. That would be special.

Generally we don't get good draws in the group stages like arsenal do every year.

The team in pot 3 is always the dangerous one for me , we have a habit of playing really badly in the away game against the pot 3 team. Am I right in assuming real madrid could be in pot 2?

Have to say my heart isn't really in the champs league this year, don't get me wrong I want us to do well but what happened in may still rankles with me. I'm far more interested in winning the league - I just wish the powers that be at the club feel the same. In that respect apart from a dream draw against rangers I couldn't give a rats ass who we get tommorow. What's the point?

Uefa have it all worked out anyway.

Edited by bjd

Guest bigjockknew

Take your pick Loz - or do them all, young bull/old bull kind of thing, and aye it would be a slam dunk six points for Chelsea and I would just love the spectacle of a competitve game between my two clubs - I would be plumping for Chelsea though, as long as the bears don't get humiliated

The Louden Tavern Duke Street, Dennistoun, Glasgow

The Louden Tavern 2 Brand Street, Kinning Park, Glasgow

The District Bar 252 Paisley Road West, Kinning Park, Glasgow Plantation 42 RSC

The Angel 488 Paisley Road (At the toll), Glasgow

The Grapes Bar 218 Paisley Road West, Kinning Park, Glasgow Stuart McCall Loyal

The Doctors Bar 4-6 Cornwall Street, Kinning Park, Glasgow

JD Binghams 33 Nelson Street, Tradeston, Glasgow King Richard True Blues

The Hayburn Vaults 427-429 Dumbarton Road, Partick, Glasgow

The Rosevale Tavern Dumbarton Road, Partick, Glasgow

Stumps Bar Peel Street, Partick, Glasgow

The Glaswegian Bar 69 Bridge Street, Glasgow

Kirkintilloch RSC 18-22 Luggiebank Road, Kirkintilloch Kirkintilloch RSC

The Springwell Inn Pit Road, Waterside, Kirkintilloch

The Bristol Bar 600 Duke Street, Dennistoun, Glasgow

The Red Lion 99 Paisley Road West, Plantation, Glasgow Kinning Park Loyal

Annie Millers 39 Ropework Lane, Glasgow

The Bay Inn 27 Dumbarton Road, Bowling

The Glen Lussett 67 Dumarton Road, Old Kilpatrick

Steps Bar Glassford Street, Glasgow

The New Regent Bar 752 Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow Nithsdale RSC

The Victoria Bar 336 Dumbarton Road, Partick, Glasgow

The Local Bar 42 Kingston Street, Tradeston, Glasgow Mount Florida True Blues

The Florida Park 320 Battlefield Road, Mount Florida, Glasgow Mount Florida True Blues

The Lin O Dee 39 Main Street, Rutherglen, Glasgow

The Black Bull 228 Main Street, Cambuslang, Glasgow Westcoats RSC

Stirling Castle 90 Dumbarton Road, Yorkhill, Glasgow Yorkhill True Blues

20 Social Club Cathcart Road, Rutherglen, Glasgow Toryglen True Blues, Kings Park Loyal

Quarry Bar 38 Cathcart Road, Rutherglen, Glasgow (Andy Gorams Pub) 2nd Home to Kings Park Loyal

The Crimson Star Bridgeton Cross, Bridgeton, Glasgow www.thecrimsonstar.co.uk

Walkers Bar 613 London Rd, Bridgeton Cross, Bridgeton, Glasgow

The Bridgeton Bar James Street, Bridgeton, Glasgow

Kings Park Hotel (Harrys Bar) Mill Street, Rutherglen, Glasgow Fernhill Loyal RSC

The Bay Horse 962 Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow Brothers In Blue RSC

Wee Rangers Club 250 Edmiston Drive, Glasgow www.theweerangersclub.com

Holepark Social Club Tabernacle Lane, Cambuslang, Glasgow

The Argyle Bar 259 Argyle Street, Glasgow (Under bridge at Central Stn)

Clyde Valley 243-245, Dumbarton Rd, Partick, Glasgow

The Clyde Inn 50-52 Kingston Street, Glasgow

The Arden Bar 57 Main Street, Thornliebank, Glasgow Thornliebank True Blues

Halfway Bowling Club Mill Road, Halfway, Cambuslang, Glasgow Drumsagard Loyal

Aargh so they are pot 3 (I thought pot 2 seemed ridiculous). I had a, admittedly quick, hunt around and couldn't find a definitive list of the teams in each pot. Anyone have a source for that?

Pot 2 is: Inter Milan, Real Madrid, Lyon, CSKA Moscow, Porto, AZ Alkmaar, Juventus & Fiorentina

Pot 3: Atletico Madrid, Rangers, Olympiacos, Bordeaux, Marseille, Besiktas, D. Kiev & Stuttgart

Pot 3 includes Apoel Nicosea, Debrecen of Hungary, Wolfsburg & Standard Liege. Not sure of the others.

Lyon, Bordeaux and Apoel Nicosea would be my ideal draw.

Guest bigjockknew

Is this not it then ??

121.853 - FC Barcelona

- 118.899 - Liverpool

- 118.899 - Chelsea

- 111.899 - Manchester United

- 110.582 - AC Milan

- 106.899 - Arsenal

- 100.853 - Sevilla

- 98.339 - Bayern München

Pot 2

- 91.033 - Olympique Lyonnais

- 87.582 - Internazionale

- 78.853 - Real Madrid

- 71.525 - CSKA Moskva

- 68.292 - FC Porto

- 64.826 - AZ

- 63.582 - Juventus

- 56.575 - Rangers

Pot 3

- 52.633 - Olympiacos

- 48.033 - Olympique de Marseille

- 46.370 - Dynamo Kyiv

- 45.339 - VfB Stuttgart

- 42.582 - Fiorentina

- 41.853 - Atlético de Madrid

- 40.033 - Girondins de Bordeaux

- 32.445 - BeÅŸiktaÅŸ J.K.

Pot 4

- 21.339 - VfL Wolfsburg

- 21.065 - Standard de Liège

- 17.050 - Maccabi Haifa

- 14.050 - FC Zürich

- 9.525 - Rubin Kazan

- 8.781 - Unirea Urziceni

- 4.016 - APOEL

- 1.633 - Debreceni VSC

Take your pick Loz - or do them all, young bull/old bull kind of thing, and aye it would be a slam dunk six points for Chelsea and I would just love the spectacle of a competitve game between my two clubs - I would be plumping for Chelsea though, as long as the bears don't get humiliated

The Louden Tavern Duke Street, Dennistoun, Glasgow

The Louden Tavern 2 Brand Street, Kinning Park, Glasgow

The District Bar 252 Paisley Road West, Kinning Park, Glasgow Plantation 42 RSC

The Angel 488 Paisley Road (At the toll), Glasgow

The Grapes Bar 218 Paisley Road West, Kinning Park, Glasgow Stuart McCall Loyal

The Doctors Bar 4-6 Cornwall Street, Kinning Park, Glasgow

JD Binghams 33 Nelson Street, Tradeston, Glasgow King Richard True Blues

The Hayburn Vaults 427-429 Dumbarton Road, Partick, Glasgow

The Rosevale Tavern Dumbarton Road, Partick, Glasgow

Stumps Bar Peel Street, Partick, Glasgow

The Glaswegian Bar 69 Bridge Street, Glasgow

Kirkintilloch RSC 18-22 Luggiebank Road, Kirkintilloch Kirkintilloch RSC

The Springwell Inn Pit Road, Waterside, Kirkintilloch

The Bristol Bar 600 Duke Street, Dennistoun, Glasgow

The Red Lion 99 Paisley Road West, Plantation, Glasgow Kinning Park Loyal

Annie Millers 39 Ropework Lane, Glasgow

The Bay Inn 27 Dumbarton Road, Bowling

The Glen Lussett 67 Dumarton Road, Old Kilpatrick

Steps Bar Glassford Street, Glasgow

The New Regent Bar 752 Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow Nithsdale RSC

The Victoria Bar 336 Dumbarton Road, Partick, Glasgow

The Local Bar 42 Kingston Street, Tradeston, Glasgow Mount Florida True Blues

The Florida Park 320 Battlefield Road, Mount Florida, Glasgow Mount Florida True Blues

The Lin O Dee 39 Main Street, Rutherglen, Glasgow

The Black Bull 228 Main Street, Cambuslang, Glasgow Westcoats RSC

Stirling Castle 90 Dumbarton Road, Yorkhill, Glasgow Yorkhill True Blues

20 Social Club Cathcart Road, Rutherglen, Glasgow Toryglen True Blues, Kings Park Loyal

Quarry Bar 38 Cathcart Road, Rutherglen, Glasgow (Andy Gorams Pub) 2nd Home to Kings Park Loyal

The Crimson Star Bridgeton Cross, Bridgeton, Glasgow www.thecrimsonstar.co.uk

Walkers Bar 613 London Rd, Bridgeton Cross, Bridgeton, Glasgow

The Bridgeton Bar James Street, Bridgeton, Glasgow

Kings Park Hotel (Harrys Bar) Mill Street, Rutherglen, Glasgow Fernhill Loyal RSC

The Bay Horse 962 Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow Brothers In Blue RSC

Wee Rangers Club 250 Edmiston Drive, Glasgow www.theweerangersclub.com

Holepark Social Club Tabernacle Lane, Cambuslang, Glasgow

The Argyle Bar 259 Argyle Street, Glasgow (Under bridge at Central Stn)

Clyde Valley 243-245, Dumbarton Rd, Partick, Glasgow

The Clyde Inn 50-52 Kingston Street, Glasgow

The Arden Bar 57 Main Street, Thornliebank, Glasgow Thornliebank True Blues

Halfway Bowling Club Mill Road, Halfway, Cambuslang, Glasgow Drumsagard Loyal

I don't know Glasgow, but from what I've heard about it I can't believe there are THAT many decent pubs where you can also get a decent pint in Scotland, never mind Glasgow!

Guest bigjockknew
I don't know Glasgow, but from what I've heard about it I can't believe there are THAT many decent pubs where you can also get a decent pint in Scotland, never mind Glasgow!

Not only would you get a good pint but if you're in Chelsea colours you'll also get a warm welcome and safe passage to the next one

I think you are toying with geography excessively with those bars bigjock! I said Govan, not anywhere between a bar round the corner from Celtic Park and Ibrox!!

Have you got Ian Curtis's ashes in that urn, Loz?

Guest bigjockknew
I think you are toying with geography excessively with those bars bigjock! I said Govan, not anywhere between a bar round the corner from Celtic Park and Ibrox!!

planning Loz, planning - it might only be 90 minutes away but you should still account for several days travelling from the wilds so oyu could do a fair few of them - just remember the old bull....

The group list I saw was before tonight's games. It's possible that Sporting Lisbon had a higher coefficient than Fiorentina, so Fiorentina winning has promoted Rangers to pot 2. It's all on the UEFA site but I can't be arsed looking now.

Not only would you get a good pint but if you're in Chelsea colours you'll also get a warm welcome and safe passage to the next one

Maybe once you were inside the pub but I wouldn't be so keen on wearing a Chelsea shirt as I sauntered down Duke Street.

Guest bigjockknew
Maybe once you were inside the pub but I wouldn't be so keen on wearing a Chelsea shirt as I sauntered down Duke Street.

Have you no sense of adventure and you wouldn't be sauntering for long - I wouldn't wear one on my way to the Louden either right enough

planning Loz, planning - it might only be 90 minutes away but you should still account for several days travelling from the wilds so oyu could do a fair few of them - just remember the old bull....

:rolleyes: Fair point. Football allegiance aside if I was picking a pub in Glasgow purely for the beer then it would be the Judges at the intersect of Byers Rd and Dumbarton Road.