Luis Suarez

yazoola
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Do you have other links aswell? Is "all" the papers reporting to same story. And from one that i presume follows Eresdivisie more than i do. Is he any good?

Do you have other links aswell? Is "all" the papers reporting to same story. And from one that i presume follows Eresdivisie more than i do. Is he any good?

http://news.google.nl/news/story?pz=1&...M66Oyb9X2nJMQKM

Several sites and newspapers are now reporting that Ajax has denied that Suarez signed to Chelsea... So maybe it was a hoax or something. Too bad, because Suarez is world class. Scored 17 goals out of 15 games this season, he's going to the World Cup with Uruguay. He can play center AND on the wings.

I'm still not convinced by Suarez, and I guess I never will be until he proves himself in a top league. There have been quite a few successes coming from the Dutch league, but for every Nistelrooy, Ibrahimovich and Robben, there's an Afonso Alves, a Hamdaoui or a Kezman.... or a Robben. It'd be a big risk signing him before the transfer ban. If he flops, we can't sign someone else for a year or so (assuming the worst and that our appeal fails of course), so we'd have to keep him.

I know it sounds a bit doom and gloom saying that, but I'm always wary of it. Besides which, he'd be playing up front for us, which is where most of us would like to sign Aguero, or Pato. With Studge, Borini and Di Santo looking to break through in the coming couple of years. I'd say four strikers is ideal, but Suarez as well? Of course it could mean that we'd have a contingency in case one of the three youngsters didn't make it, but really it'd be an either or situation, with it being either Suarez, Pato or Aguero, and I'd much rather have one of the last two in that list. Obviously finances do come into play, Suarez would be the cheapest option by far, but is it really worth risking our future? That sounds a bit drastic, but we have to consider the quality of player we're having to replace (assuming we're buying for the future), Drogba and Anelka, I'd say have possibly one or two seasons at the top level left after this year. This gives Studge, Borini and Di Santo time to reach that level, which is perfect, but we'll need someone more experienced to act as a bridge between the age groups, so we don't do an Arsenal. Whoever we sign would be our main striker in this period, so Suarez would be our main striker and is he really good enough to do that in a team challenging for the title, and indeed on four fronts. Personally I'd say that he isn't and won't improve much beyond his level, and that Aguero/Pato already are good enough and both can still improve (Pato a bit more than Aguero).

So the striker position is the area where we need to get the best we can. Whoever we sign, is hopefully going to be our main striker for years to come and really, we're going to have 4 strikers at that point. Only one of them will cost us much, so why not push the boat out and get Aguero, or Pato? I know I'm just rambling on again, but you know how it is, you start typing and other things happen, so you get distracted and repeat yourself and sound like you're pissed, confused, or both.... probably both, and then you repeat yourself and sound like you're pissed, confused, or both.... probably both, and then you repeat yourself...

Shevchenko in Milan was superb. In Chelsea he played very, very poor. Suarez will be the same like Sheva...

I guess all strikers which are superb in the club they are in now, will be the same like Sheva in Chelsea, huh?

Edited by A.T.E

Shevchenko in Milan was superb. In Chelsea he played very, very poor. Suarez will be the same like Sheva...

Drogba was awesome at Marseille, he's awesome at Chelsea. So your saying that we shouldn't buy players if they are doing well at thier current club? We shouldn't go for Aguero then.... i say lets sign up James Beattie.

Drogba was awesome at Marseille, he's awesome at Chelsea. So your saying that we shouldn't buy players if they are doing well at thier current club? We shouldn't go for Aguero then.... i say lets sign up James Beattie.

you dont understand him

you cant compare League 1 (french ) and erdevision ( holland sorry i dont know they league name )

if you see the past we singed kezman who have been 2x better than suarez doing now

and do you see alfonso alves at midlesbrought he score about 35 goals in holland but in england cant score even 7 or 8 goals

suarez is more for la liga or seria a

:lol:

sorry for english

you dont understand him

you cant compare League 1 (french ) and erdevision ( holland sorry i dont know they league name )

if you see the past we singed kezman who have been 2x better than suarez doing now

and do you see alfonso alves at midlesbrought he score about 35 goals in holland but in england cant score even 7 or 8 goals

:)

sorry for english

I know where he is coming from but not everyone will fail, if Sheva signed for us before he signed for Milan im fully confident he would of been amazing. You can't say just because he plays in holland he wont be good in england, you simply won't know until he plays. You just compare him to someone who's failed instead of someone who has done well. He's basically saying that a player shouldn't sign for us because he's doing well in a bad league. Robben came from holland he done well for us, Robin van persie came from holland he's doing well for Arsenal.

You don't know until the player has played in the EPL simple as that. Leagues just have different tactics and different football you just need too adapt and the younger the player the better. If the Ancelotti believes that he is the right player for us then he's the right player for us.

you dont understand him

sorry for english

On the other hand we did sign someone called Arjen Robben from Holland. And apart from being injured almost all the time he did play rather well for us.

We also bought Kalou from Holland and even though he can't be considered an amazing player he hasn't been that bad.

I don't think we should look on where the player is playing but rather how he plays and what kind of personality he shows on and off the pitch. Not sure how good our scouts are but in my oppinion a great scout should be able to spot the really good players no matter where they play.

Shevchenko in Milan was superb. In Chelsea he played very, very poor.

I remember reading recently that when Ancelotti got the offer for Sheva to come to Chelsea, he was at first dissapointed but had had noticed the player was on a decline anyway. I think this was on Tribalfootbal.com sorry i can't find the article.

I do think Abramovich needs to wake up a bit, both our strikers are getting on now a bit, and our young lads aren't going to be "World Class" in 2 years time, So we need someone to fill the gap between. I know Pato/Aguero would be a BIG risk in terms of money but it's better to get them now then not bother and regret it, when they go to Man City...

you dont understand him

sorry for english

I agree completly!!

Are you just judging him on youtube videos or do you actually watch all his games? People are so fixed on the idea that we're going to get Aguero or Pato and it's silly. If we're linked with a player it's always well Aguero/Pato this Aguero/Pato that, i'll be over the moon if we get Aguero or Pato but nothing has happened yet and nothing could happen maybe we don't want to get robbed out of a deal and pay 50 million for a player when we could player 15 - 20 for Suarez and he could do the same job.

Your theory is just simply stupid, your basically saying nobody out of the dutch league can succeed in the EPL when many have done. The likes of Ajax have produced some of the greatest players in world football over the years...

Sorry if i come across a bit angry, but just because you like a player doesn't mean another player is overated.

Edited by Sheva

On the other hand we did sign someone called Arjen Robben from Holland. And apart from being injured almost all the time he did play rather well for us.

We also bought Kalou from Holland and even though he can't be considered an amazing player he hasn't been that bad.

i thing we speak about strike not winger

and kalou is flop but he was cheap

he play to many time but nothing speacial i just remember him who score a brace agains spurs in cup /and equalse agains manchester

he play about 3-4 years here

i thing in our team more sucssesfull are from league 1 ( french league )

they fit easy than others

Essien Malouda anelka drogba cech :)

Edited by valim

• 6 months later...

I have to say he looked good last night against South Africa. His pace probably isn't Chelsea/EPL standard but he tried very much and went past players more than once. He played a second striker/winger spot for Uruguay so he would be in Anelka/Kalou position in Chelsea I think.. Hope he shows good signs in the coming games for Uruguay.

Hope Aguero gets his chance today for Argentina..

Did anyone think he was play-acting a little too much yeterday?

I've always liked him as a player, he's quite versatile.

But I wouldn't want him at the club if he's not got the right attitude.

Ya that dive certainly doesn't endear him to me very much