Riccy for Nistelrooy?

The Moos
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Just read that since Pepe is out for several months Real Madrid will be looking for a new defender and they want Ricardo Carvalho. In exchange we would get Ruud van Nistelrooy - either as part of the deal or as a loan (think I've read both).

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...al-1840707.html

Real Madrid are preparing to launch a January transfer bid for Chelsea defender Ricardo Carvalho.

Reports today suggest the La Liga outfit have targeted the Portugal international following a serious injury to defender Pepe, who will be sidelined for six-months.

To convince Chelsea to part with the 31-year-old defender it's claimed that Ruud van Nistelrooy will be offered in part-exchange.

With Didier Drogba set to join up with Ivory Coast for the Africa Cup of Nations in January, van Nistelrooy could provide some much needed cover.

The Dutchman has also made clear his willingness to return to the Premier League as he looks to secure a place at the World Cup.

Carvalho reportedly came close to leaving in the summer and is understood to be happy to move on from Stamford Bridge.

Ahhhhh...Higuain. Load of talent that lad.

I would happily swap Riccy for Gonzalo...well, not happily...Riccy has been great for Chelsea, but Gonza has a bright future. Won't happen though obviously.

Riccy has been great for us over the years and I have only praise for him for what he's done for us so far. That said, I think he's on the decline (no need to create a thread for this!) now and we have Alex who, if fit, should be ahead of Riccy in the pecking order. (The second goal against Everton could have been avoided if he had picked himself up quickly after going to the ground).

RVN is not the answer for us so this story can be put into the bin. But if they want him they can pay and take him.

I would disagree with most of the respondents and say that would be a good move. I think someone's already mentioned this but Carvallio can be let go for some cash plus Ruud v N.

In Drogba's absence we need additional strike force. I remember when we brought in Anelka for a similar reason couple of years ago.

If they are willing to pay around 5-7 mln for Riccy and we get RVN on loan until the summer, I say go ahead. We've got cover in the CB position and it will give us an extra option in attack.

Maybe coming back from his injury I wouldve siad the same thing, but Riccy has proven that he still has it, and in spades. Definitely still a top defender, and if Madrid were willing to let Van Nistelrooy go for that little, or as part exchange, I wouldnt say he would be that expensive to buy.

If it were a case of him costing less than 5 million, we could do much much much worse for options up front. He's proven he can still poach, and if we dont end up buying Aguero, having him as a third option at striker wouldnt be bad.

honestly i think there's a lot of prejudice about nistelroy because he used to play for man u. i don't follow foreign leagues that much so i'm not really up on how his form is lately. if he's dirt cheap and if there's nobody better available without busting the bank, then i reckon he might be worth a go.

I'm gonna stick my neck out here as say I think Ruud Van Nistelrooy will join in January if fit.

Last time I stuck my neck out like this I said Malouda might join Chelsea back when every single respondant on here following that said "no, isn't going to happen" and it took another few weeks before any serious media rumours started on the subject. He of course joined the following summer.

Anyways, regarding RVN. If and this is a big If, he is fit, then he just makes sense for us. The fee would be probably be reasonable, the wages might be a bit high yes, but he'd be a top quality replacement for Drogba during the ACN. To me this deal assuming the fee is reasonable and RVN is fit, just makes sense.

Yes, let's do it.

Let's swap Carvalho who's still one of the world's best CBs for Van Nistelrooy, who's 33, way past his prime,on the last year of his contract, coming back from the long term injury and who's got no chance of getting into Real lineup anyway. I can definitely see Madrid interested in Carvalho, being that they've lost Pepe for a season but what do we get out of this?