Drogba apologizes

June

Source: http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/85/england/...eny-me-chelseas

"Yeah, I understood [Lampard's decision] but at the same time I was disappointed because we were 1-0 up and I wanted to score, you know," Drogba told Sky Sports.

"I had to get over the frustration in the second half and come back. You know we played so well today that I knew for sure I would have some chances to score.

"You know I was not happy at first, but after that on the pitch I realized that I was making a big mistake and he was right. He was right."

Edited by June

I still get the feeling he would have been very angry if he hadn't managed to score in the second half...

Though Lampard had it right when he said Drogba is hungry for goals...and that's a key factor in the success of the season. He just needs to not show so much negative emotion to his own teamates.

It's Drogba, we take the good, and have to accept his childish behaviour at times. At the end of the day, he was spurred on in the second half to grab a hat trick and no harm was done. Considering Drogba does not take penalty (apart from 1 yesterday), and share Free Kick duties with others, 29 goals in about 32-33 matches is just awesome.

Apparently Carlo spoke to Drogba at half time. He is quoted as follows "I spoke with him (Drogba) after the first half. It was my decision, if there was a penalty, to give it to Lampard. I told him (Drogba) to stay calm and quiet because he would have opportunities to score in the second half. I said " Quiet you can score in the second half".

Good for Carlo. There's nothing like showing whose boss. He knows how to handle childish behaviour. I bet that was not the first time Ancelotti had to deal with a prima donna. Obviously Didier got the message!

Good man Drogba. I'm glad he saw the light in the end.

I don't blame him anymore because I know that is the kind of character he is. He wants to win, and when he see's what he thinks is the opportunity to win taken away, he loses it. Same thing with the Scolari era, same thing with Ovrebo-gate.

I'm damn glad he got the golden boot in the end. After the season he had he more than deserved that recognition.