Player Watch

mad_mac

I think Carvalho is going as well. Still a top defender but very injury prone and very much the third choice behind JT and Alex. Maybe we could bring Mancienne back to the squad then.

Ballack is still better than Mikel in that DM role but we have to remember who we are getting back next season. Essien! Can't believe we just did the double without him. Massive achievment! If Ballack takes the pay-cut and is willing to play occasionally I think his presence might do good in the team. Maybe he wants to lift the CL trophy cause Chelsea are his last chance of doing that.

I still think J.Cole is very much an open case. He might go.

I don't like the idea of Cole going to the mancs on a free and stealing the show over there. That'd be a tough pill. But its silly season as Fergie likes to say, thank God we have the world cup to detract from the tabloid transfer rampage that is likely to ensue.

Personally I think Ballack, Deco, Belletti and Carvalho are on the way out. If that's the case then we certainly need reinforcements to cover - and we need to address the front line age issue. Also, as far as Kalou has come lately, does anyone else think he might be a bit out of his depth here? If he played for a mid table team he'd be their star but it just occurred to me that maybe he's being forced to play at a level he just isn't capable of and there are much better options out there for his position. He's almost like our Berbatov except his shortcomings are masked by our squads depth. Not to slate him or anything, I still think he's one of the most improved players of the season.

I want to see Aguero and Dzagoev come in most of all.

Deco and Belletti seem certain to go. Ballack, Ferreira and Carvalho also look more likely than not to leave.

Joey is still uncertain and though I'd hate him to leave, the club can't be held to ransom and we can manage a replacement with the talent coming through.

All of these don't necessarily need to be replaced, as we've already heard 4-5 players from the academy will join the first team. My guess is Bruma, Hutchinson, Kakuta, Matic and Borini - but that's only if none of the loanees from this season stay, which is something we don't really know. Di Santo has had an indifferent season, Sinclair too, Stoch has been an undoubted success, I have no idea about Rajkovic, Mancienne has been hit and miss. To sum up, a lot of question marks. It seems the only one ready to step up may be Stoch and perhaps Rajkovic and the rest will either be loaned out again or sold.

I predict a team with very new look come the new season. With one or two landmark signings and all the academy players, the squad will have a somewhat different and fresher look to it. Well, at least that's the optimistic take ::ChELSeAFaN::

I don't like the idea of Cole going to the mancs on a free and stealing the show over there. That'd be a tough pill. But its silly season as Fergie likes to say, thank God we have the world cup to detract from the tabloid transfer rampage that is likely to ensue.

Personally I think Ballack, Deco, Belletti and Carvalho are on the way out. If that's the case then we certainly need reinforcements to cover - and we need to address the front line age issue. Also, as far as Kalou has come lately, does anyone else think he might be a bit out of his depth here? If he played for a mid table team he'd be their star but it just occurred to me that maybe he's being forced to play at a level he just isn't capable of and there are much better options out there for his position. He's almost like our Berbatov except his shortcomings are masked by our squads depth. Not to slate him or anything, I still think he's one of the most improved players of the season.

I want to see Aguero and Dzagoev come in most of all.

I very much agree with that and think that is the reason. At best he opens defences by himself which is one more dimension to our game BUT when he is not in the game he shouldn't be near the pitch, one man down.

I think his mental strenghtness isn't what it should be. He is probably the nicest guy out there with great attitude but maybe the fighting spirit isn't what it needs to be playing for Chelsea. He was very good in these last games but ripping your hair out watching him miss a sitter of the season isn't something I want to do much often..

If he is glad to play second-third fiddle throughout his career I don't see why we should dump him.. Our squad depth is underlined with players like Kalou.

I just read that Jack Cork is going to leave Chelsea in the summer, as he realises he'll never get a game at the Bridge. I find that very sad, as he's one of the brightest youngsters we've got, I just hope it's not true - after all, it is only the Daily Star.

Jack Cork to quit Chelsea

Bluebeard,

I had read that after Cork scoring the other day for Burnley, he said he wanted to stay at Burnley and fight for them to get promotion again next season.

Unfortunately I think he, Sinclair, Di Santo, and Mancienne will all leave in the summer. As harsh as it is to say, we are a business and if these guys aren't going to make the grade, then we'd be best off cashing in on them

Scott

Bluebeard,

I had read that after Cork scoring the other day for Burnley, he said he wanted to stay at Burnley and fight for them to get promotion again next season.

Unfortunately I think he, Sinclair, Di Santo, and Mancienne will all leave in the summer. As harsh as it is to say, we are a business and if these guys aren't going to make the grade, then we'd be best off cashing in on them

Scott

But what do you all think: should they leave our club?

But what do you all think: should they leave our club?

If they are good enough they should stay. There are a load of youngsters on the verge of making the grade of first team football. For some, that first team may not be Chelsea

Scott

I'd definitely keep Jack Cork, Ryan Bertrand and Michael Mancienne, they're all capable of doing a job for Chelsea. Di Santo hasn't had a chance to prove his worth one way or another, and the same could be said for Scott Sinclair. If Chelsea let the likes of Cork and Bertrand to leave, then I've no faith at all in Chelsea's youth policy at all. I'd far rather the better youngsters get a chance to play than we bring in some foreign w*nkers with a big reputation.

I'd definitely keep Jack Cork, Ryan Bertrand and Michael Mancienne, they're all capable of doing a job for Chelsea. Di Santo hasn't had a chance to prove his worth one way or another, and the same could be said for Scott Sinclair. If Chelsea let the likes of Cork and Bertrand to leave, then I've no faith at all in Chelsea's youth policy at all. I'd far rather the better youngsters get a chance to play than we bring in some foreign w*nkers with a big reputation.

Deco? Who said Deco?

Archived