Alexis Sanchez?

Apologies for posting in a dead topic.

I don't think it's likely to happen but the fact he plays in Italy may make Ancelotti take notice. I think he would be a great player for us, as he's not afraid to beat a man and is far more comfortable on the wing than Anelka. I would imagine his price tag would be much more reasonable than that of Neymar, who seems to pop up in every topic.

Now, I really like this guy because he's fun. But I really liked Gronkjaer for the same reasons.

I'd love him as fun alternative to Kalou and Benayoun, but realistically from what I've seen from Serie A - he pretty much is Gronkjaer but with more skill but similar lack of end product.

I think we underrate ourselves a bit sometimes. Is he a good player? yes. Is he good enough for Chelsea? not so sure.

• 4 months later...

Apparently we have "expressed an interest" in the player. Although Giampaolo Pazzi, the Udinese president has stated that Sanchez won't be sold before the summer, his contract includes a £17.5 million buyout clause.

LINK

Well, if anything, it proves that we at least show interest in the right type of players - young, fast creative attackers like Sanchez, and only previous summer, Neymar.

Too bad, when we actually get around to buying someone, it's not that type of players at all.

Every player who play great, his price is 20mill+ :S

Teams aren't dumb. If a team like us with many billions of dollars show interest in a player, the player's team will take full advantage of it. Same goes for Madrid and City.

If this happens I will be delighted, we have really lacked a world class winger who can beat a player. Lets hope he is available for £17.5mil but I think £25mil for any player is over the top.

If this happens I will be delighted, we have really lacked a world class winger who can beat a player. Lets hope he is available for £17.5mil but I think £25mil for any player is over the top.

Alexis Sanchez is nowhere near worldclass. He got his moment, and was bright in the World Cup but he is incredibly inconsistent. Brilliant on his day but more often than not very average. Would much rather have prefered Pienaar to 3 millions to this guy for over 20.

Brilliant on his day but more often than not very average

Cristiano Ronaldo could be described with exactly those words before he started being the best player in the world. We need a player like this who can be brilliant on his day and open up defenses with sheer magic. Who knows maybe in a year or two he becomes more consistent. In a year or two we'd be slagging off Piennar for being too old and looking to offload him if we signed him now.

Brilliant on his day but more often than not very average

Cristiano Ronaldo could be described with exactly those words before he started being the best player in the world. We need a player like this who can be brilliant on his day and open up defenses with sheer magic. Who knows maybe in a year or two he becomes more consistent. In a year or two we'd be slagging off Piennar for being too old and looking to offload him if we signed him now.

Ronaldo scored 42 times in one season for Manchester United at 22. He will improve ovbiously but to compare him with Ronaldo is a total miss as CR probably already was the best player at Sanchez age. Would have taken him if he was cheaper though. When we are talking about prices up to 25 million pounds you expect worldclass and he is not.

I have stated a few times before that I would be very happy if we signed Sanchez. Even when the world and its monkey was saying that Ozil was the greatest player since Maradona and Pele had a threesome with the buck toothed ROnaldo's ex I said I would rather we signed Sanchez.

I have stated a few times before that I would be very happy if we signed Sanchez. Even when the world and its monkey was saying that Ozil was the greatest player since Maradona and Pele had a threesome with the buck toothed ROnaldo's ex I said I would rather we signed Sanchez.

He looked great at the World Cup, but I must admit that I have seen nothing of his play in Serie A. Is he tearing it up there?

If we sign him for 20mill are we back to being an un-embarrassing club, and not on the way down to being an "almost Team"? I`m just not sure how this thing works anymore after reading through the Pienaar thread.