Brilliant and sad trailer

The Moos

Just browsed the web a bit and found this trailer for a new game called Dead Island.

Now I've seen a few game trailers in my days and some of them have been really cool or really nice. This was different.

It's a zombie game, but the trailer is not what I had expected.

Left me with my mouth hanging open and brought tears to my eyes.

Astonishing,

anyone know who is producing this game? It looks very cinematic, quite like a game I played last year called Hard Rain. That game was good, but I'm not sure how it's style would work in a zombie game. And I love some zombie games.

Astonishing,

anyone know who is producing this game? It looks very cinematic, quite like a game I played last year called Hard Rain. That game was good, but I'm not sure how it's style would work in a zombie game. And I love some zombie games.

Heavy Rain was pretty awesome...if you overlook all of the plot holes. I really found myself enjoying the experience when I played it, but later on I was scratching my head as to why I liked it so much haha.

Anyways, I have high hopes for this game, but let's not let a video in which there is no actual gameplay get us too excited, from what I've heard this game has been delayed a couple of times and may not be the excellent game we are hoping for. Still, fingers crossed!

Cheers for the updates lads. Heavy Rain was great, it really sucked you in and got you quite attached to the players within the game. But yes, at the end, you just felt like you'd watched a movie, and not really played a game.

Will need to look out for this one.

BTW, has anyone heard if there is a follow up to Batman's Arkum Asylum?

Cheers for the updates lads. Heavy Rain was great, it really sucked you in and got you quite attached to the players within the game. But yes, at the end, you just felt like you'd watched a movie, and not really played a game.

Will need to look out for this one.

Yes, there is a follow up to Arkham, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Arkham_City

Edit: and yes, I am quite excited for LA Noire as well.

Edited by ace

Oh yes, Arkham City. I think it'll be much more free-roam than Arkham Asylum, and as long as they keep the gameplay and graphics the same, it'll be one of the best supergames ever made, right up there with Spider-Man 2. I really hope Arkham City is amazing, Asylum was incredible, one of my favourite games of all time.

Just have to recommend you have a lookout for L.A Noire as well, Rockstar games publishing it but made by Team Bondi.

Bit of a mix of Mafia, GTA and Heavy Rain, graphics and gameplay look good and the faces are immense.

Yeah, saw a trailer for LA Noire. Looked absolutely amazing. Though the game looked a bit boring. Hopefully it's better than it appeared in the trailer.

Oh yes, Arkham City. I think it'll be much more free-roam than Arkham Asylum, and as long as they keep the gameplay and graphics the same, it'll be one of the best supergames ever made, right up there with Spider-Man 2. I really hope Arkham City is amazing, Asylum was incredible, one of my favourite games of all time.

Cheers for the updates, can't wait. it was a great game, loved all the little hidden quests, the riddler clues, the psychiatric tapes. And the fact that you never had a gun. All Guile and cunning. Looking forward to Arkham City. When's it scheduled to be relseased?

Cheers for the updates, can't wait. it was a great game, loved all the little hidden quests, the riddler clues, the psychiatric tapes. And the fact that you never had a gun. All Guile and cunning. Looking forward to Arkham City. When's it scheduled to be relseased?

Q3 2011? Not entirely sure what that means, I'm guessing Autumn?

Yeah I saw that, that would mean September at the latest. Sounds great, and I can't wait. Finishing off Fallout New Vegas right now, so will need something to tide me over in the meantime

I finished it a few weeks ago, needing something else now. Maybe gonna get Dragon ages 2 next week. So many good games out soon, new Deus Ex in a few months too....

Yeah I saw that, that would mean September at the latest. Sounds great, and I can't wait. Finishing off Fallout New Vegas right now, so will need something to tide me over in the meantime

I loved Fallout3, how is New Vegas? In the middle of Bioshock2 right now, but either getting New Vegas or Mass Effect 2 afterwards (which I've talked about in the Mass Effect thread), though leaning towards New Vegas just because of how much I enjoyed Fallout3 and how much I enjoy post-apocalyptic scenarios.

It's alright, not as good as Fallout 3 for some reason to me. There are a lot of different gangs you can join, form alliances with, etc. But this can also be a pain in the arse, because you do one small thing wrong to one of them and they all turn against you and ruin your missions.

Overall I enjoy it, but while I'd give Fallout a 9.5 out of 10, this I'd rate down about 8

I`d agree with mac, its not as good as 3, certainly not a leap forward I was hoping for. If I was you I would go for Mass Effect 2, one of my favourite games of all time.

The trailer is alright, but people are going way overboard with it, it's hardly the best trailer ever made.

No one said it was the best trailer ever.

I didn't say anyone on here did, but I've seen discussions about it plenty of forums and websites where they have.

I don't know, it's definitely up there, just for the cinematic quality of it. I've never seen ANY game trailer like that ever, it is damn impressive, add to that the graphics are insane too. Show me a few game trailers that are better.