Thoughts on next season?

Myles_91

I know this is extremely premature as the season hasn't ended yet and we don't even know who will be here next season, but I'm quietly confident we will have our best season in some time next season, which is strange considering I am an eternal pessimist when it comes to all things Chelsea.

I think the team spirit and togetherness that we had is now back and I think Luiz and Torres have brought some life into what was a depleted squad. One of the things which always cost us was complacency, let's be honest the likes of Drogba, Anelka, JT, Lampard and Malouda had no competition and knew they would start every week, now this isn't the case and Carlo has indicated he will give some of our youth a chance, giving Kakuta, Sturridge and McEachran a chance. I honestly don't feel a lot of changes need to be made at the Bridge this Summer. Sell Anelka, let Borini stay with Swansea, Sell Bosingwa and release Hilario and buy another GK and right sided player with the money generated.

Despite our league position, I still feel we are the best team in the League and I look forward to the challenge of United (and possibly City yet again).

QPR coming up as well so thats another derby and not to far to travel and next season we get a chance to put right some bad results i.e. Arsenal (away), Liverpool (home and away), Spurs (Away) etc.

IMO Arsenal will be no threat at all next season and I expect the challenge to come from City or Liverpool.

Anyone else have any thoughts:

Will Carlo stay?

Will we challenge for the title next year?

Will we rely on youth more?

Which team(s) possess the biggest threat?

Games you are looking most forward to?

In order.

I hope Carlo stays whether he will is another question but we need the stability.

Of course.

Not rely but I really hope they get used more. We need to look after Josh he is a real jewel. Other teams(mancs) will be out to hurt him and end his career if poss.

Mancs/sh*teh. City will spend even more. they will be a major threat.

All the aways unless millwall come up.I am far to old and fat for any milarkey. Although I remember recent fa cup against QPhaha they were a bunch of nobs so that could prove interresting.

Edited by shedhead

In order.

I hope Carlo stays whether he will is another question but we need the stability.

Of course.

Not rely but I really hope they get used more. We need to look after Josh he is a real jewel. Other teams(mancs) will be out to hurt him and end his career if poss.

Mancs/sh*teh. City will spend even more. they will be a major threat.

All the aways unless millwall come up.I am far to old and fat for any milarkey. Although I remember recent fa cup against QPhaha they were a bunch of nobs so that could prove interresting.

Yeah the away derbies + Manc teams will be greatm dippers too. Looking forward to QPR, I've never been before but their fans were real pricks when we played them in the cup

Will Carlo stay?

Its got to a point where i dont mind who we see in charge at the start of next season, as plastic as this may sound i just want our success to continue by any means, we've tasted success and its become my favourite dish ;) and if a new manager is needed in order to sustain our challenges for various tophies then so be it

Definately, with the team pulling together recently and with luiz and torres already in our squad can only get stronger (assuming changes are made in the summer) and i believe we'll be going for it again next season

I certainly hope so, with the amount of youth players going on out on loan i feel many of them will be in a position to cope with the demands of premier league football however if our current squad are still able to dominate then im happy to see a similar regime to what we've become used to over the past few years.

United. No need to give a reason, they are a huge club and will always push for every title.

All of them, if chelsea are playing then im happy.

In theory it'll be a good season for us. Though in theory this season should have been until our mid season hibernation. I really, truly hope that Carlo stays. Quality man, quality manager in my opinion despite mistakes and our almost unforgivable collapse he has managed to pull it back so that we're pushing for the title down to the last day. He seems to have restored the faith in the players, figured out how to use Torres and just generally got us back to our winning ways.

Luiz, Ramiers and Torres all injected some life into our squad and I predict all three becoming legends. We don't need a massive overhaul but I'd like to see a creative midfielder and a quality winger with some pace and perhaps someone to sort out the right back situation on a more permanent basis. Whether these come from the youth or outside signings remains to be seen.

As for our rivals, City are unpredictable. It takes time to build a successful team and I can see them making a huge overhaul for the CL which could easily fail. Arsenal will be in trouble of maintaining their top 4 status if Fabregas and/or RVP decide to call it quits, the former looking increasingly likely. Man United could be in serious trouble as they face the situation we had to deal with this season, a lot of old guard throwing in the towel including Edwin van der Saar which could cause serious problems for them down the line especially if their replacements are too few or not up to the challenge.

I don't predict Spurs will be as threatening as they have been in recent years. They're probably not going to take 4th and I can see players like Modric, VDV and Bale moving onto bigger clubs to win something with City solidifying themselves as Liverpool's permanent replacement at the top of English football.

Will Carlo stay? I really hope so, this club needs stability

Will we challenge for the title next year? yes and if we add to the squad I have no doubt we will win it

Will we rely on youth more? we need to put more trust in it at times, McEachran should have had more games this season but I would love to see him go out on loan for the seaosn to Bolton

Which team(s) possess the biggest threat? Manchester United as always they know what it takes to win the title and I think thats whats carried them this seaosn

Games you are looking most forward to? Arsenal and Liverpool mostly cause we owe those f**kers one after this season

I think it's too early to say much about next season. We don't know if Carlo will be here and if he won't, who will take over.

We don't know what our squad will look like. Doubt we'll go on a shopping spree this summer, but we can't know for sure.

Many here have called for a creative midfielder and wingers who can do their man. Personally I would like to have a replacement for Bosingwa, because at the moment our best RB (counting both defence and offence) is Ferreira. We could do with a Cole on that position as well.

And will someone leave?

Will the new financial rules make a huge difference in how we plan our transfers?

No, I think I will have to wait until pre season before I can say what I think I will expect from the season.

Seeing as we're Chelsea, I guess the club will want to go far in every thing we take part in. So four titles will be the big goal.

Will Carlo Stay

I hope so! I will hold my hands up and say that a very short time ago, i was one one of many calling for him to be sacked. But i have realised that maybe he could be the man for the job and that he deserves better than to be discarded after one bad season. A bad season that could still see us with the league, so as far as bad seasons go its quite impressive. Will Roman agree though?

Will we challenge for the title next year

Definatly, and if we can get Torres&Drogba playing together then i can see us winning it with ease.

I think our starting line up's average age will decrease but i wouldnt go as far a saying we would be relying on youth more. I can see us bringing in younger, already established players in the summer.

Which team possess the biggest threat

To be honest, im sh*tting myself about the possibility of Man City next season. If they make the right decisions in the transfer window they could be potentially unstoppable. I think this could also be the year we see arsenal leave the top 4 and liverpool make a return.

Games im looking forward to

Liverpool away for Torres' return to anfield. Cant wait ::ChElSeaFLag::

Will Carlo stay?

I'd like to think so. There have been loads and loads of rumours about Benitez (WHAT?!) and Boas and Lippi and my cat, but I really do think I can do the jop for us in the long run. He's brought in Ramires, who has just grown and grown since his arrival, he brought in Luiz who's been absolutely immense, Torres had a slow start, but I'm sure next season he can do the job for us. I think he'll definitely use Studge a lot more next season after his stormer of a half season for Bolton. He seems very focused on youth aswell, which is a plus. He just needs time. Sacking him after two seasons after he won the double last year, he's managed to rescue this season somehow and we're somehow back in with a faint shout at the title. Plus it helps that the press seem to like him/respect him after how they hated Jose. KING CARLO!

No question. A few additions (creative midfielder, winger, young right back) and we'll be a force to be reckoned with.

Not rely, just integrate them more. PVA and Bertrand will have to battle for the reserve LB slot. Bruma will be 4th choice CB, but I think at 19 that's what he should expect. Josh will surely be more prominent next season with Lamps surely entering one of his final seasons, so he should drop in seamlessly. Sturridge HAS to be in with a shout at first choice next year. I love Drogba, but he's 33 now, he needs to start making way for Studge, who I firmly believe will be a golden boy for us in the next few seasons.

Manure, obviously. If City get rid of Mancini, then I think they'll definitely be right up there next season, competing on all fronts. Liverpool I have a sneaking suspicion will be right back up there too, I can forsee Lou and Andy being a potent strike force. Arsenal will be up there, but they'll be their usual selves I think. Tottenham will be more of the same as this season, media darlings, 5th place, faint hope at 4th.

Manure, Arse, Liverpool, City, Spuds. Usual suspects. They'll be key games. We need a repeat of the double winning season by beating all of them.

Looking forward to QPR, I've never been before but their fans were real pricks when we played them in the cup

You might have a bit of trouble finding Loftus Road, it's that small. Their ground is totally sh*te, and each of the stands are about the size of yer average garden shed.

In the 70's & 80's we used to take the entire ground, QPR fans just didn't have the bottle to turn up. Nowadays though, they've apparently got a bit of a reputation, I've heard the size of their mob has risen to about six or seven blokes now :D

Down to the business at hand...

Will Carlo stay? - hope not

Will we challenge for the title next year? - Yes, so long as the manager (Ancelotti or whoever) clears some of the deadwood and makes a couple of decent signings in the summer, and/or allows the younger players to come through

Will we rely on youth more? - I f*ckin' hope so, I'll be royally pissed off if we continue to loan them out instead of giving them a chance in the first team

Which team(s) possess the biggest threat? - Manure, I'm sure they'll improve their squad in the summer, and if Citeh get a decent manager in they could be a real threat.

Games you are looking most forward to? - I'm hoping that Leeds & Millwall get promoted, the atmosphere for those games should be brilliant. I can't afford to go to games anymore, and I'm too old and decrepit to take part in any fisticuffs nowadays, but I still like to think that Chelsea would give a good account of themselves against dirty Leeds and 'Wall.

You might have a bit of trouble finding Loftus Road, it's that small. Their ground is totally sh*te, and each of the stands are about the size of yer average garden shed.

In the 70's & 80's we used to take the entire ground, QPR fans just didn't have the bottle to turn up. Nowadays though, they've apparently got a bit of a reputation, I've heard the size of their mob has risen to about six or seven blokes now :D

Wow, so its trebled in size? Amazing.

Games you are looking most forward to? - I'm hoping that Leeds & Millwall get promoted, the atmosphere for those games should be brilliant. I can't afford to go to games anymore, and I'm too old and decrepit to take part in any fisticuffs nowadays, but I still like to think that Chelsea would give a good account of themselves against dirty Leeds and 'Wall.

Leeds doesn't look likely, but Millwall have a good chance, unfortunately Forest have easy games coming up though so they look shoe in's for that 6th spot, looks like the wait will continue.