Lucas Leiva

Guest LuisSuarez7

He sure played very well today against Citeh. I never really thought much about him, but he seems to have taken well to the role Mascherano had at Liverpool, so credit to him in that regard.

Also, seems like he has a nasty streak, kind of like David Luiz.

My Liverpool supporting friends all despised him. I think for every season he played there under Benitez, they would have all said he was the first player they would sell (although perhaps a close call with Babel.) He seems to have turned a corner in the past two years, playing more for Brazil seems to have helped him a lot. If only a change of manager would have the same effect on Mikel. We've changed 5 times since and he is still the same :smile:

The player I like is Leighton Baines.

Really good full-back.

Wrong thread?

Regrading Lucas, I think he's become a lot of what we had expected Mikel to be (some still hold that hope). And almost overnight too. I think from being one of the most crap midfielders (along with Carrick) to a good one took just one pre season?

Wrong thread?

Oh yeah.

My mind must have automatically jumped to every player playing on Merseyside.

I saw Everton recently, against Newcastle I think, and Baines was clearly their best player, I was really surprised by the level of his performance and he is definite international quality.

I'm surprised he's still at Everton to be honest and I doubt they'll be able to keep him beyond this summer.

Anyway back on topic ..

Lucas Leiva much improved but nothing special, IMO.

He is coming of age since last season and becoming mainstay of our setup. The gap in midfield after he went off injured showed how important he has become for us in that middle of the pitch. Hope his injury is not that bad. He always had his qualities and really worked on his strength since he joined us. Only 24 and continuously improving.

Guest LuisSuarez7

There, my dear Liverpool fans, goes your season up in flames.

Edit: I realized how ironic that sounds.

Let's not get started on your season.

Yep, bitter blow to our team. He has been out best player for about a year now.

Ah well, he will be missed. Step up Jay Spearing.

Our season? 5 points behind United, still in FA cup and CL - Yes it might be really bad for our recent seasons standards but its nowhere a disaster, yet.

Tbh I wish people would stop claiming "5 points behind United" ... United aren't leading. Sure they've been our main title rival in recent seasons, but if we're starting to use the 2nd placed team (who are 5 points behind the 1st placed team) as our yardstick.....

Everyone is still in the FA Cup, therefore its a nonsensical justification of our season.

The fact is, we've had a terrible start to the season and its on the players and AVB to turn it around.

Apologies to the mods for this is quite off topic - back to Lucas:

Liverpool will miss him, breaks up play superbly.