BrazilBlue: 5 players to watch in 2012.

BrazilBlue

1. Xherdan Shaqiri

Age - 20

Club - FC Basel

Country - Switzerland

Position - Winger/Attacking midfielder

Description.

Shaqiri is a very talented young player, He is the leading light in the new generation of Swiss football talent. He is very quick and skillful, Not the biggest player, just 5ft7. But he is a strong little player with the physical attributes needed for the Premier League. A He is a creative attacking midfield player who can also play on either wing. He likes a shot from distance and can take a free-kick aswell.

2. Lucas Moura

Age - 19

Club - Sao Paulo

Country - Brazil

Position - Midfield/Attacking Midfield

Description.

Lucas Moura (Not to be confused with Lucas Paizon) Is the most exciting young midfielders to emerge in Brazil for a number of years. While Ganso and Neymar have had all the media attention and praise. Lucas Moura is a player who can become better than both of them. The best way I can describe him is the perfect combination of both Neymar and Ganso, He has Speed, Skill and Finishing of Neymar. But also has the calm demeanor, Vision and passing ability of Ganso.

3. Eden Hazard

Age - 21

Club - Lille

Country - Belgium

Position - Winger

Description.

Hazard is a very highly rated young winger currently playing in the French league. His playing style has been compared to that of Cristiano Ronaldo but without the childish antics. Hazard has a way to go before he reaches Ronaldo's level but has great potential to get their

4. Christian Eriksen

Age - 19

Club - Ajax

Country - Denmark

Position - Midfield/ Attacking Midfield

Description.

Eriksen is the most complete player on this list, There is nothing he cannot do, He is an amazingly talented young player Quick, Skillful, Great Passing and Finishing. He would make a fantastic signing for any club. If I was comparing him to anyone It would have to be Kaka. Like Kaka he has all the elements to be great player despite all the adulation he receives he remains grounded and focused on his game, He is not a flashy player but he is very effective and Consistent

5. Mamadou Sakho

Age - 21

Club - PSG

Country - France

Position - Center Back

Description.

Sahko is without doubt the best young defender in Europe right now, He is a dominant presence at the back. For such a young man he a a mature head on his shoulders. He is a natural born leader and controls what happens at the back for club and country, A future captain of the France national team no doubt. He is a young player with a tireless work ethic

Thanks for the list, not rreally heard much of the defender at the end there, but then again defenders rarely get much limelight.

I thought Eriksen or his dad had said he would nevermplay for Chelsea? Any reasoning behind this? Also, I am sure the Spannish league will be closely monitoring Lucas from Brazil

Thanks for the list, not rreally heard much of the defender at the end there, but then again defenders rarely get much limelight.

I thought Eriksen or his dad had said he would nevermplay for Chelsea? Any reasoning behind this? Also, I am sure the Spannish league will be closely monitoring Lucas from Brazil

Yes that is true. Defenders don't get the same recognition as attacking players. But Skaho deserves to be acknowledged because he is a great defender. One of the best in the world in my opinion. As for Eriksen and Chelsea I think Chelsea may have gotten his hopes up saying they would sign him in the past. but then pulled out which made his father angry.But Christian is an adult now and he can make his own decision. Still a possibility. As for Lucas and Spain. I think you will see allot more young player going to England now because the Spanish government are increasing the income tax that foreign players have to pay on their wages. Because of this. England could start to look like a more attractive option.

I understand that English based fans like to promote their fellow countryman and I like Josh McEachran but what English fans don't realize is that they look at their players through st george's cross glasses and that the international media and fans don't see these players in the same light. The are very overrated in England and when the play International football against genuine quality foreign players. they get found out

I understand that English based fans like to promote their fellow countryman and I like Josh McEachran but what English fans don't realize is that they look at their players through st george's cross glasses and that the international media and fans don't see these players in the same light. The are very overrated in England and when the play International football against genuine quality foreign players. they get found out

I don't think anyone was suggesting that McEachran is on the same level as those players; he isn't and he's barely had any game time. I hope in a year or two he can be of a similar level to those guys, although any highlights reel of him would be very different to those players because he's more about picking passes than being tricky.

Just thinking about young English talent and highlights reels like that - I think Oxlade-Chamberlain is more comparable to those, although he's also very young, but playing in the EPL just doesn't let players show off spectacular skills like the slightly weaker leagues do as our players just don't get any space.

Jovetic is not as good as Lucas or Hazard

where do u compare brazil league and french with seria a ??

i saw hazard on CL this year it was a 8-10 M player

and Lucas at Copa America it was like kakuta ;)

and dont forget Jovetic injured cruciate ligament in his right knee which, eventually, saw him out for the whole season

::clap2:: His instinct to get the ball from the back and pass perfectly into space is exactly what we've been needing ever since our 'bad moment'.

Considering he's seemingly the only one who can play those forward passes behind the back 4...and that's how Torres loves to play, it amazes me he hasn't got more chances....

He'll shine at Swansea, and hopefully come back even better.