Fernando Llorente

mourad91

Fernando Llorente reportedly moving to the Premier League, with Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Man sh*tty and Man United said to be interested. Arsenal have already signed Podolski and Giroud, Tottenham just confirmed the signing of Adebayor, Man sh*tty has enough strikers (even if Aguero's now injured, with the likes of Dzeko and Balotelli who can cover for him) and Man United just signed V.Persie. I think we could well be the ones to sign him. I personally think he could be great in the Premier League, has a great physique and scored 30 goals in all competitions last season. Perhaps we could be swooping in for him after a deal for Cavani couldn't be agreed ?

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/london-or-manchester--llorente-prepares-to-make-de?state=3e41d9341f3c413390ddd1cbb21b58a2

He checks off a lot of boxes in terms of his scoring ability but I am concerned about 2 things: His age (he is 27! I didn't know that until I looked at his wikipedia page) and what this means for Sturridge. Sturrdige is our striker for the future and he needs games or he will move on.

Personally, I see alot of upside in terms of having 3 strong strikers for both a coverage standpoint and as a method to push Torres (don't want him getting complacent)

Thing is though if Torres gets injured we then only have Studge so we need more cover also if Torres and Studge aren't scoring the goals we'll need someone else.

I agree. I like the move don't get me wrong but I would probably have him as 3rd choice behind Torres and Sturridge.

He checks off a lot of boxes in terms of his scoring ability but I am concerned about 2 things: His age (he is 27! I didn't know that until I looked at his wikipedia page) and what this means for Sturridge. Sturrdige is our striker for the future and he needs games or he will move on.

Personally, I see alot of upside in terms of having 3 strong strikers for both a coverage standpoint and as a method to push Torres (don't want him getting complacent)

I agree, but we still haven't even seen Sturridge play as a striker for us, it has always been on the right. It seems like he's gonna play there rather than as a striker and that we're therefore looking to sign a new striker. That's just what I think though ..

Don't think he's for us with our 4-2-3-1. He's now 27, will not suit the style we look to start playing, he's not going to offer quality runs in behind like Torres, Sturridge or another Striker like Cavani we've been linked with, he'll hold the ball up well but I just don't want us to be hoofing the ball long to someone any more, we've got so much quality behind the Striker now that we should be utilising them, playing football, causing havoc with them before playing that killer pass through. If we were to sign another striker I'd prefer someone like Cavani over this guy.

Is 27 old nowadays then? Should we only be signing 20 year olds? Or maybe 16 year olds? I mean Josh McEachran is an ancient 19 years old and someone said the other day that his chances were running out...

I was only saying that at 27 if he is signed to a 4-5 year contract his value goes down on any resale value. I read recently that with the new rules with FFP teams are more likely to sign younger players with potential then established stars with little resale value. Obviously this wouldn't matter at all if he score 30 goals a season and helps us win silverware. Even if he plays a smaller role it would still be good business.

I just don't want this signing to come at the expense of Sturridge who is younger and has the potential to be very talented. Sturrdige should be Torres' back up and replacement if there is an injury or obvious drop in production.

Guest RFC_CFC

I doubt we would be looking for any resale value on someone like Llorente, we didn't with Drogba and that turned out great for the club.

He worked wonders with Madrid and with better service and players around him I really think he would flourish not to mention his Spanish team mates in Mata and Fernando (hopefully the new RB too!) beside him.

Why is everyone so worried about re-sale value? Since when are we Arsenal? Since when do we sell our players during their peak? Or at their max value? Seems everyone is after the Arsenal 'way' by buying them young and selling them once they begin to show talent..

I agree, but we still haven't even seen Sturridge play as a striker for us, it has always been on the right. It seems like he's gonna play there rather than as a striker and that we're therefore looking to sign a new striker. That's just what I think though ..

What are these thoughts based on? He's reiterated his desire to play in the middle numerous times, we haven't made it our priority to get a new striker, making it look like Sturridge will be a striker, and we've bought/are buying players who can play in the wide positions. Don't think anything makes it "seem" that he'll play on the right, tbh.

As for who the London club most likely to be interested is - surely it's Spurs? Yes, they've just signed Adebayor, but their second choice is Defoe: inconsistent, dodgy, can't play as a lone striker and likely to leave.

Archived