Heung-Min Son

ishangodbole

According to The People, Hamburg striker Heung-Min Son is on Chelsea's radar. 

The 20-year old Korean forward has been tracked for quite a while by the likes of Tottenham and Liverpool, and apparently Chelsea have now also joined the race to sign the youngster from the Bundesliga club. 

Heung-Min Son has a 1:3 goals to game ratio, which is quite impressive at such a young age in such a strong league. 

He has also played for the South Korean national team twelve times.

Why is Kezman always brought up when a rumour comes up about an up and coming striker from mainland Europe coming to Chelsea? Judge the player on his own merits.

Okay, Kalou then.

Basically Kezman is the best example of a player bought into Chelsea whose statistics looked fantastic and then they completely underwhelmed.

So while the idea of signing a player with a (slightly under) 1 in 3 goals to game ratio appears great it does not mean much in the grand scheme of things. 

Basically Kezman is the best example of a player bought into Chelsea whose statistics looked fantastic and then they completely underwhelmed.

So while the idea of signing a player with a (slightly under) 1 in 3 goals to game ratio appears great it does not mean much in the grand scheme of things. 

I'm just tired of hearing the "...yeah, but Kezman, blah-blah-blah..." EVERY time.

Okay, Kalou then.

Why not Drogba?

I'm just tired of hearing the "...yeah, but Kezman, blah-blah-blah..." EVERY time.

Why not Drogba?

As I said, Kezman was the best example of a Chelsea player who "failed" to live up to his goal scoring reputation.

He was signed from PSV where (according to the ever reliable Wiki) his record was 122 appearances and 105 goals. Even if he was only half as successful with goals to games at Chelsea he would still have been an outstanding success but he wasn't.... Which is why he is the example used.

Why not Drogba as the example? Well because of:

12-05-20-002-drogba-pen1.gif

Why not Drogba as the example? Well because of:

12-05-20-002-drogba-pen1.gif

I asked about Drogba, because he is one shining example of a big hype player coming from mainland Europe and being a success. Not an instant success story, mind you. Although he wasn't bad in his first season, he did struggle a bit and the fans gave him stick for it. When a new rumour comes up, I think only once has Drogba's name been mentioned in such a case, and even with Lukaku, I think people were pulling out the Kezman card.

I asked about Drogba, because he is one shining example of a big hype player coming from mainland Europe and being a success. Not an instant success story, mind you. Although he wasn't bad in his first season, he did struggle a bit and the fans gave him stick for it. When a new rumour comes up, I think only once has Drogba's name been mentioned in such a case, and even with Lukaku, I think people were pulling out the Kezman card.

Well I suppose the main difference with Drogba was that he was what 25 when he moved? So he was already quite well "developed" as a player so you was closer to buying an end product as apposed to potential. 

Other than that I suppose Drogba is the anomaly as apposed to the norm?  

Well I suppose the main difference with Drogba was that he was what 25 when he moved? So he was already quite well "developed" as a player so you was closer to buying an end product as apposed to potential.

Drogba was a late bloomer and he started proper professional training when he was already an adult. Before making the move to Chelsea he'd only had two good seasons in the French league, so I don't think it's a bad example. If Drogba had come to Chelsea a season later than he did, I'm sure people would have had doubts about him and we'd probably have seen the Kezman card being used as reason why we shouldn't sign him.

Archived