Anyone know much about Omerou?

Gormo1997

As much as I know he's a full international with Nigeria, very instrumental to his country's victory in just concluded ACN.

Very solid and reliable. Kinda no nonsense defender, but also likes to bring out the ball from defence. Fast, mobile, agile and has enough strength at his young age to deal with any forward.

Think he's ready to at least be a backup to our centre halves.

As much as I know he's a full international with Nigeria, very instrumental to his country's victory in just concluded ACN.

Very solid and reliable. Kinda no nonsense defender, but also likes to bring out the ball from defence. Fast, mobile, agile and has enough strength at his young age to deal with any forward.

Think he's ready to at least be a backup to our centre halves.

Sounds decent then and could definitely help the squad. One for the future.

He should be given the chance here next season, quality in the AFCON and can play Right back as well.

This wont happen though, he will stay on loan and later be sold on to become one hell of a player.

1. They say John Obi Mikel bossed the tournament. That should tell you about the quality at AFCON

2..Have we ever loaned out a player and then sold him who has gone on to become "one hell of a player"?

Some may have their doubts on this kid, but for those of us who had the priviledge of watching him play from the country's youth system, unlike other players, we knew he'd be some 'hell of a defender'. Not really up there, but watch the kid as he plays. He rarely puts a wrong foot, and another thing that helps him is his positional sense. Hardly out of position, even he is, he has enough speed to cover up.

Have mentioned about his strength before, he just is one strong player. Like we saw in the ACON(Drogba can testify), he bullies players far stronger than him.

For me, we could do with bringing him back. Let him play in pre-season, and give him a run in the cup games.

Can also play RB, he could provide some cover for us while growing into his own.

Some may have their doubts on this kid, but for those of us who had the priviledge of watching him play from the country's youth system, unlike other players, we knew he'd be some 'hell of a defender'. Not really up there, but watch the kid as he plays. He rarely puts a wrong foot, and another thing that helps him is his positional sense. Hardly out of position, even he is, he has enough speed to cover up.

Have mentioned about his strength before, he just is one strong player. Like we saw in the ACON(Drogba can testify), he bullies players far stronger than him.

For me, we could do with bringing him back. Let him play in pre-season, and give him a run in the cup games.

Can also play RB, he could provide some cover for us while growing into his own.

Well you rate Obi Mike as well. So, excuse me If I am not convinced about Omerou yet. 

@Uno: Scott Parker world class? Agreed he is better than the option we have right now (he who must not be named) but at that time we had Makelele, Essien, Diarra. 

Robben was sold because of his record with injuries and we made good money on that deal. Since then, he has really had one standout season at Bayern Munich (2009 season run in) with frequent reports of fighting with teammates. 

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived