All Time Fantasy Draft SF2 - That Boy Brandinho vs BlueBeard

Teritus

That Boy Brandinho vs BlueBeard  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win based on players in their prime, team tactics, balance and bench strength?

• That Boy Brandinho
    • BlueBeard

The second of the two semi finals. If any mods look at this thread then can you please keep it here in General, at least for the two days that the voting occurs. Only one more thread after this as well.

That Boy Brandinho:

abECclFamU.jpg

Subs:

Neeskens

Zizinho

BlueBeard:

abEH1byaoO.jpg

Iker Casillas is an exceptional keeper, and will command respect and confidence from his team-mates. In front of him is captain John Charles, the 'Gentle Giant', hard as nails yet never booked or sent off throughout his career. Superb in the air, and can be utilised as centre-forward if necessary, where he is just as strong. His defensive partner is Albert Shesternyov, known as 'Ivan The Terrible' in his native Russia. A one-club man with CSKA Moscow, he's tough, strong, and an exceptional defender, and will be under instructions to destroy Puskas and wind up Stoichkov with a view to making him lose his temper and get a red card. Nice, eh? :wink:

On the right flank my side will benefit from the great stamina and toughness of Carlos Alberto, who will be playing as a wing-back but using his discipline to defend strongly too. On the left, Paul Breitner will be doing a similar job, occasionally whacking a powerful long-range shot in, and generally terrorising the opposition with his afro hair style and moustache, a fearsome combination I think you'll agree.

Claude Makelele will obviously be playing in the defensive midfield role that now bears his name, protecting his defenders, breaking up play and providing a springboard for counter attack. Ruud Gullit will be playing alongside Maka, but as a box-to-box midfielder. His superb skill and versatility will play a large play in our success, both defending strongly but getting forward when necessary.

Any defender would dread having to play against George Best, and he will wreak havoc down the right with his superb ball skills, dribbling, passing and technique, and will definitely be among the goals. His ability to play through the middle, on the left and up front should be an invaluable asset. On the left, Dragan Dzagic's great pace and superb crossing will provide many goals for the side, his dribbling and passing causing the opposition right back to have to change his shorts at half-time. His ability at free-kicks will also be a huge bonus for us. Both Best and Dzajic have natural techique and stamina, as does Gianfranco Zola who will play just behind the striker. Zola's close control and immense skill will provide plenty of goals for both himself and Drogba. Drogs will dominate in the air, and his power and strength will intimidate any defence. Great in the air, and with superb skill for such a big man, Drogs will score many goals - some of which may be provided by the long throw-ins by Erik Gerets.

On the bench are Sandro Mazzola, a brilliant attacking midfield or inside-right. To have a substitute of his exceptional creative intincts, passing range and vision, combined with his prolific goalscoring will generate immense confidence in the side if we lose a player to injury or have to change tactics. Andreas Brehme is the more defensive sub, playing equally well at left-back, wing-back, or left midfield. A two-footed superb crosser of the ball and free-kick taker, he'd be an asset to any team.

My side will play aggressive, attacking football, using both flanks to our advantage. I'll employ tough tackling throughout the side, and any signs of a fairy nature like diving or feigning injury will lead to instant substitution - yes, Drogba, I'm talking to you! The side is physically strong, and I want that to be a large part of our style, which combined with the natural skill and flair throughout the side should prove to be an unbeatable combination.

Subs:

Brehme

Mazzola

Gerets

No idea what this is but, I'm sure Bluebeard will win by means of strategic intimidation.

It's fairly self explanatory. A fantasy draft game where we pick players from any time period and go head to head with each other. I probably should have explained it in every thread rather than just the first.

TBB's Attack is just to die for and I think BlueBeard's full backs will be too busy trying to score, leaving gaps.

I think 3-2, BlueBeard's team will be more tactically assured, but moments of inspiration from TBB's attacking quartet will win the game.

TBB's Attack is just to die for and I think BlueBeard's full backs will be too busy trying to score, leaving gaps.

I think 3-2, BlueBeard's team will be more tactically assured, but moments of inspiration from TBB's attacking quartet will win the game.

If anything TBB's will be. Gullit does not quite cut it at this level as a CM. Varela and Suarez is a much better pairing for me. Pele will do his share defensively while Facchetti will bomb forward when Maradona cuts in. No real weaknesses, anyhow. I would question the full backs comment too; I'm not sure if BlueBeard will have them go forward much or not, but they were both extremely capable defensively, especially Carlos Alberto. Very tricky opponents they're up against though.

If anything TBB's will be. Gullit does not quite cut it at this level as a CM. Varela and Suarez is a much better pairing for me. Pele will do his share defensively while Facchetti will bomb forward when Maradona cuts in. No real weaknesses, anyhow. I would question the full backs comment too; I'm not sure if BlueBeard will have them go forward much or not, but they were both extremely capable defensively, especially Carlos Alberto. Very tricky opponents they're up against though.

Yeah it's obviously an opinions game.

Bluebeard will have set pieces sorted pretty well with Charles and Drogba, I guess that's where my asusmption of more 'tactically assured' came from. Looking at it again, it is Bluebeard's team looks to overload. It is just selection of players like McGrath and Southall which concern me about TBB (However this may be due to being only 20 and my Dad telling me great stories about players in the 60's and 70's, but he became disillusioned with football in the 80s due to crowd troubles, so my knowledge of players from this era is minimal). I also think my opinion of these players is not great due to their achievements on the international scene- yet this is through no fault of their own. McGrath I guess get some success with Republic of Ireland.

If it were a league, TBB might not win as Diego may explode at any point, but in a cup this team would surely smash it.

Do some of you guys not bother to read the posts?

Right, so I guess the two finalists will be PloKoon and TBB. This one hardly got any votes though. You'd think with over 10,000 members there would be more than just 10 who visited and voted.

I probably should have made it clear that it's the end of the voting, but I said the same in other threads.

Archived