Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

erskblue

Royal Marine abseiling into Ibrox

Those guys are out of their minds.  Anyone remember when they decided to rescue an injured soldier in Afghanistan by hanging off the wings of an Apache helecopter, using the missiles as a foot rest? 

apachegunMOS2101_468x381.jpg

Just glad they're on our side.

Would be great if Chelsea arranged the same for Stamford Bridge, On the same day at Ibrox 400 men and women from all branches of the armed services came on the pitch at half-time. Again, something Chelsea should arrange. Would be great for fans to show appreciation to our armed forces

Would be great if Chelsea arranged the same for Stamford Bridge, On the same day at Ibrox 400 men and women from all branches of the armed services came on the pitch at half-time. Again, something Chelsea should arrange. Would be great for fans to show appreciation to our armed forces

Generally speaking Chelsea FC and our fans have always shown huge support and appreciation to the armed forces.

I'd say as far as football clubs go, we have one of the strongest connections to the Armed Services in Britain, certainly England, namely in our association with the Chelsea Pensioners - inviting them to matches, organising events etc... they even formed a guard of honour for the players when we won the league in 2005.

Generally speaking Chelsea FC and our fans have always shown huge support and appreciation to the armed forces.

I'd say as far as football clubs go, we have one of the strongest connections to the Armed Services in Britain, certainly England, namely in our association with the Chelsea Pensioners - inviting them to matches, organising events etc... they even formed a guard of honour for the players when we won the league in 2005.

Spot on, i'd like to see a plaque put up on the shed wall for our players that served in WW1, The most significant casualty of the campaign was Captain Vivian Woodward, wounded in January 1916. which ended his football career.

In fact i'm going to look in to it especially as its the 100 yrs anniversary next year.

Jones 1905 and Carshalton Blue,

I agree with your comments and yes, Chelsea does a lot to support our service personnel. Tickets for Troops for example. One of the greatest sights at Chelsea in recent years when the Chelse Pensioners formed the Guard of Honour in 2005. The idea of a Blue Plaque is superb. Thought it would be a good idea to invite a number of service personnel onto the park at half-time. There must be several personnel who follow Chelsea or theer Chelsea fans who have family in the forces.

Rule Britannia

Our association with the Chelsea pensioners is well known. Not sure I like the idea of it going any further than that, as far as I'm concerned all military connection should be avoided, same as political or religious connection, this is a football team, I don't like seeing it hijacked for other purposes.